What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Roosters @ Sydney Cricket Ground

Who will win? Round 8: Roosters v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
Let's be honest Liddle came on the field when the Roosters looked like they were done for the night, I hope he is the solution but to say we are better with him on the field is a bit far fetched atm until he proves himself

He needs more minutes to prove himself but he was much better than Robbie in the 20 minutes he played. Keep increasing the time until that isn't a factor but give him some chances. The guy is always injured and whenever he plays he looks good. He also isn't on big dollars and plays in a critical position.

The Rosco

Bench
First up, it's MUCH better lubing up before you leave home. Gives it time to really work in and get into those nooks and crannies. WD40 has adopted this principle, but seeing that it's labelled penetrating oil, I'll leave that alone.
I have to agree with the consensus here. Marsters has gone backwards. Jennings is too slow, and has a reaction time slower than that of an Eastern long neck turtle. Fonua at least displays heart and effort. But he isn't an NRL outside back.
There was a guy a few rows behind me shouting insults at Mbye. At first I thought he was some smug roosters supporting whanker. But after 25 mins, I realised he was indeed a WT supporter. An observant one.
We are screwed, but we need to blood some of Hodgo's team. If we don't, they will just get snapped up by a better run club and we are back to zero again. JAC says hi.
If we are worried that a possible replacement for say, Jennings, might make an error and let in a try . . . . well, whats the fkking difference ? Hopefully the replacement will be quicker than Jennings, so there is a big upside !

macnaz

Staff member
Issue is though Roscoe that reserves are a 2nd Grade clone of what we have in 1st grade.
Not sure what's in president cup but I'd say we arent allowed to use them.

Tiger05

First Grade
I don't think we have anyone in reserves like JAC. Liddle definitely is a potential quality NRL first grader and we need to play the guy. Robbie has been good but it's a similar situation to Richards and JAC when they were both here.

M
ate, I've been singing about Gamble for a season and a half.
I still reckon we have very little to lose . . . and a lot to gain
I agree, watching him and Momirovski on Sunday you wouldn't pick either of them, but Gamble got involved and by far his involvement was better than Momirovski's effort.

Jamie Soward even commented during the call that he'd like to see Momirovski get involved.

I see that Gamble was named in the NSW Residents squad for this weeks game V Queensland residents so he's doing something right in his position.

Give him a go.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
M.
I agree, watching him and Momirovski on Sunday you wouldn't pick either of them, but Gamble got involved and by far his involvement was better than Momirovski's effort.

Jamie Soward even commented during the call that he'd like to see Momirovski get involved.

I see that Gamble was named in the NSW Residents squad for this weeks game V Queensland residents so he's doing something right in his position.

Give him a go.
I agree that Gamble is worth a go at left centre but the fact that Momirovski keeps getting named ahead of him in number 19 is a huge concern. Momirovski is barely up to reserve grade standard based on his magpies efforts. It doesnt make a lot of sense.

Gamble has been in the top 3-4 players each week in Reserve Grade I have seen but has not been dominant.

We'd need someone like him for next year to cover the halves so its important he gets a game soon.

The Rosco

Bench
I agree that Gamble is worth a go at left centre but the fact that Momirovski keeps getting named ahead of him in number 19 is a huge concern. Momirovski is barely up to reserve grade standard based on his magpies efforts. It doesnt make a lot of sense.

Gamble has been in the top 3-4 players each week in Reserve Grade I have seen but has not been dominant.

We'd need someone like him for next year to cover the halves so its important he gets a game soon.
And of course Mario, if we don't give him a go . . . umm, I dunno . . . there wouldn't be any other club looking for a 5/8 with a bit of size that can step, is creative, has a decent short kicking game, and can kick goals ?
Nah . . he'll stay with us for sure. Who in their right mind would want to be given a shot at the big time when you can stay in reggies ?
And as for Momi . . . . a LOT of folks on this forum and the other one seem to be rating him WAY too high based on the fact he played that semi for the rorters ( to cover injuries.)
I can't say I've seen every single Magpies game . . . but from the couple I have seen, he has done nothing to suggest he is NRL ready. All the hype about " well if Trent Robinson picked him to play in a semi final, then he's good enough for me " hasn't really translated into play that demands attention from Madge.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
If Gamble didn’t play last weekend when Benji and Reynolds were injured he isn’t playing at all. Seems Madge just doesn’t rate him.

I’d love to know what Maguire sees in Jennings at center.

If Gamble didn’t play last weekend when Benji and Reynolds were injured he isn’t playing at all. Seems Madge just doesn’t rate him.

I’d love to know what Maguire sees in Jennings at center.

It's either he doesn't rate him Vic or,
He wanted to play a more defensive game with Matterson on right (he filled in there when Reynolds went off the previous week and went well), Brooks on the left and then the forward rotation.
It didn't work and this week Marshall is available, so no Gamble.

As for Jennings, wouldn't we all like to know what Madge sees in him.

Latest posts