What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8: Parramatta v Dragons LIVE GAME DAY thread May 5th 2019

Eelogical

Referee
It is actually very high (off the top of my head).

You get QC's, doctors and Physics professors arguing a case to a bunch of ex-footy players. They are usually successful.
So, what you're saying is 'build a case based on stupidity and the panel will fall for it'?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What is the point of work rate if it leads to ineffective tackles?
Ineffective tackles (like missed tackles) are often the result of one-on-one attempts. A player with a high rate of missed or ineffective tackles may just be involved in higher rate of solo attempts. And even these have a disruptive effect, which is why you see defenders coming out of the line.

hindy111

Post Whore
Why was I not surprised that he couldn't catch that ball? He is bog average. Even when referring to him as being primarily a defensive unit, sure that is his strength, but he is hardly a workhorse or lethal axe like defender. I mean he doesn't make 40-60 tackles a game or chop people in two. He rarely gets over 30 odd tackles a game, most decent defenders get those sorts of numbers.

So hardly a standout at anything really. Just bog average. Sure every team needs them, but they are also generally paid a bog average wage too. I hope we have him priced right, if so then I won't bag him out so much. Anyone know what he is on roughly?

He has a good wing span apparently....
When Brown is fit who drops out ? Mannah takem Evans spot. It will be interesting.

Djay

Juniors
has he SEEN an eels game?
especially one reffed by perenara
I honestly resign to accepting that we are losing if Perenara is the ref.

I thought some of the calls yesterday were awful, especially that 5th tackle penalty for offside or lying over the play the ball or whatever it was,, after we had defended our line, which the Saints eventually made it 18-18 after that. That was a huge momentum swing, as we had defended then very well.

84 Baby

Referee
Watching the replay, and Gutherson's try...far out!

He showed incredible vision for that, to spot that Dufty was in the line, and there was nobody at home.

Sign him up - $800,000 a year for 19 years. I don't care! He's worth every cent!
Originally I thought he’d spotted a gap and got lucky that Dufty just happened to be out of position but in his interview on Nine straight after game he said that he’d spotted Dufty as marker. That’s good heads up football. I also don’t reckon he got lucky that he went the way Dufty wasn’t looking

Eelementary

Post Whore
Originally I thought he’d spotted a gap and got lucky that Dufty just happened to be out of position but in his interview on Nine straight after game he said that he’d spotted Dufty as marker. That’s good heads up football. I also don’t reckon he got lucky that he went the way Dufty wasn’t looking

He is a smart, fit, likeable footballer, and I dare say he seems to display some good leadership.

Please, Parra - keep him!

Last edited:

Parra Cheeses

Juniors
I loathe watching Parra play when Perenara is the ref. Is his officiating on us exceptionally hard by coincidence or is there an underlying factor?
I believe Parra could substantiate an official complaint against him.

Eelogical

Referee
I loathe watching Parra play when Perenara is the ref. Is his officiating on us exceptionally hard by coincidence or is there an underlying factor?
Maybe they should Lodge one.

Gazzamatta

Coach
The pri*k allows teams to leave early in defence and will stand and watch Wrestlemania. Storm would know this. They will be all over us. Moses will panic and scarey stuff happens. Perenara also allows tackled players to move forward thus taking our markers out of play and destroy any plan we have to control the ruck. Again Storm will know this. Our best plan is to do exactly the same but our timing isnt great and therefore Perenara penalises us.
If we can beat The Storm AND Perenara everyone deserves a new contract. Never say never but that jerk is just totally incompetent. Scarey stuff.

forward pass

Coach
I wonder what the overall success rate is for challenging charges across the NRL?

It wouldn't be very high...
It is actually very high (off the top of my head).

You get QC's, doctors and Physics professors arguing a case to a bunch of ex-footy players. They are usually successful.

Correct once again. These cases are easy to win with the right ‘experts’ arguing the case. Maloney has won.

It pisses me off that our club never defends these cases. Not so much the Tep case but the clubs failure to defend Jennings suspension early this year was piss weak. He would have got off easy.

Latest posts