What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

Mr Spock!

Referee
Have to congratulate whoever made endgame.

Managed to join all superheroes to make the most boring movie yet.

Hopefully something interesting happens in the last 45 minutes.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Have to congratulate whoever made endgame.

Managed to join all superheroes to make the most boring movie yet.

Hopefully something interesting happens in the last 45 minutes.
I think the fact you are watching this on your phone shows how much interest and investment you have in the series anyway

Last Week

Bench
Yeah, na.

The history of X Men, Xavier and Eric, is important. Too important not to be fleshed out.

Why would you suddenly introduce mutants if you're not going to (accurately) introduce the characters?

Frederick

Staff member
Yeah, na.

The history of X Men, Xavier and Eric, is important. Too important not to be fleshed out.

Why would you suddenly introduce mutants if you're not going to (accurately) introduce the characters?
As with Spiderman though, the X-Men origins have been done to death. Everyone knows who Charles Xavier is. Everyone knows who Magneto is. Everyone knows who Wolverine is. Etc etc etc. Would they really need another origin story to re-re-re-introduce the characters to the audience?

bileduct

Coach
As with Spiderman though, the X-Men origins have been done to death. Everyone knows who Charles Xavier is. Everyone knows who Magneto is. Everyone knows who Wolverine is. Etc etc etc. Would they really need another origin story to re-re-re-introduce the characters to the audience?
If everyone already knows who they are then there's no reason to come up with some stupid explanation of where mutants came from that involves the infinity stones.

Last Week

Bench

So completely changing it by having the infinity stones as the cause of the mutant gene does what to this well known origins off the XCU?

Danish

Referee

Isn’t the giant theory you quoted just a different, lamer origin story?

Springs09

Juniors

Well if they went by that theory they would, as they'd need a full movie to explain all that.

I can't imagine they'd be faithful though. They'll do something like they did with Spidey where we get a few vital characters and the rest is changed. Some things will have to change - Magneto's holocaust origin can't stay around forever unless they make him age like Wolverine - not sure what they've done about that in the comics.

Bazal

Post Whore
Late to seeing Endgame, but saw it this morning.

Firstly, awesome movie. Loved it. And the missus, who has seen Guardians 1 & 2, Winter Soldier and Infinity War and nothing else, was bawling her eyes out by the finish.

I don't really feel that any of the criticisms I've seen reading the last pages of this thread affected my enjoyment in any way. If I'm accepting a talking raccoon, glowing Brie Larson flying through space and a goddamned sorcerer amongst a myriad of other things, I'm happy to accept someone as powerful and as far ahead of humanity as Thanos managed to reverse engineer some particles to work out his own way through or whatever. That's just me, of course.

I didn't even see Captain Marvel and I have zero attachment to the character, but her entrance into the final battle was one of the most epic moments of the entire MCU. I felt it had to end pretty much the way it did, I enjoyed Dude-Thor in the sense that I felt like they made it quite obvious he had regressed into the most basic version of himself rather than face his failure. I even enjoyed the changed Thanos that others have criticised; I felt that he came to a conclusion, having seen the end of his plan, that it wasn't enough and he needed to go even farther. With the whole bit about it never being personal until now I felt like we got more of the Thanos that the IW trailer promised with the "this does put a smile on my face" angle. We already established intelligent Thanos, this time we saw more of the Mad Titan.

I do think that some stuff was lacking, some stuff felt glossed over or just mentioned in passing for sure...but if they had made a movie that would show every detail and please everyone it would have been fourteen hours long.

Anyway that's just me, I could no doubt write tonnes more, but ultimately I really enjoyed it.

Springs09

Juniors
One way maybe is to have a smaller version of the House of M storyline - mutants were around in the 60s, 70s etc but mostly unknown. Xavier had his school and his friendship/rivalry with Erik. When Scarlet Witch comes of age her powers are too great, she is kept on Genosha with only Xavier's power holding her back. Once she breaks free she strips all mutants of their powers, including her own. Until her and Quicksilver are captured and their powers brought back with the mind stone - and the rest have their powers returned after her death in Infinity War. Or something I dunno...

Scenes set in the path could involve characters like Hank Pym and the Ancient One. And surely however they do it Scarlet Witch should be front and centre. Maybe this WandaVision show apparently set in the 50s will do something about it.

Last Week

Bench
Just leave the MCU and XCU separate. They don't need to be intertwined together.

The only possible way that it could work is some sort of interdimentional bridging. Which I'm sure would go down just great considering the reaction to time travel by the expert critics in here.

shiznit

Coach
Spider-Man Far From Home Trailer:
Warning... There’s a massive Endgame spoiler in it if anyone hasn’t seen endgame...

greenBV4

Bench
So the snappening created the multiverse?

Don't think it created it, just opened a "rift" between it
Could even be to do with Cap staying behind in the past, which would've messed with time

Looking like phase 4 could see the x-men introduced through the multiverse, maybe something multiverse/timeline-related will happen and they'll need to somehow stop it from collapsing and close the rifts, which could see a bunch of the x-men "trapped" in the MCU or have the two universe merge or something

Latest posts