What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

The unknown

Juniors
With Reynolds being so injury prone and with Benji retiring, do we throw some money at Chanel Harris-Tavita now that Nikorima has signed for the Warriors?

We need a game managing half back not another off the cuff player, although he has huge wraps has barely proven much yet. Hopefully warriors offload Green instead, would go well next to Brooks

gordynz

Juniors
We need a game managing half back not another off the cuff player, although he has huge wraps has barely proven much yet. Hopefully warriors offload Green instead, would go well next to Brooks
I think CHT would go huge under Madge but you're right we probably need a game manager to compliment Brooks. I was really hoping Brooks would turn into that type of player but hes just so much more dangerous as a ball runner.

tiger102

Juniors
What about SeanO'Sullivan? A clever, organising half. We do have Jock Madden and TommyTalau

tiger102

Juniors
Left field idea. Approach the Broncos about Jack Bird...

1. Mbye
2. Jennings
3. Marsters
4. Bird
5. Thompson
Broncos do have some very good outside backs, we will have more of a chance if we look at guys like
GehamatShibasaki, HerbieFarnworth, Fanitesi Niu

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I see there was some article in the DT that Simona was being allowed back into NRL. Would sure like it to be us that was sponsoring this, but I doubt it. Couldn't see article as it was behind paywall, just headline.

Edit- I also note that Roosters are now looking at lichaa now their hooker is injured. Maybe all those nay sayers here will reconsider their opinion if Roosters sign him. Roosters don't play about. They rarely make mistakes.

Last edited:

The unknown

Juniors
I agree somewhat with sentiment but what's the use of WT being saints when the other clubs take on wayward players and do ok. If we're short on talent why not?

Good point, the dominant clubs didn't build successful squads on the back of being nice guys. Plus we give Woman bashers a 2nd gig, no harm in Simona coming back aswell

tiger102

Juniors
Mole reporting Curtis Scott is on the market. Perfect Madge player hard as nails, a good defender and quick. He’s Mad as a cut snake big off-field risk even bigger than Lodge but he’s a great player at a position of need.

Good point, the dominant clubs didn't build successful squads on the back of being nice guys. Plus we give Woman bashers a 2nd gig, no harm in Simona coming back aswell

I doubt we'll take him back, he shit on the club after his sacking by saying rec drug use was rife and the like in a "tell-all exclusive."

Now I'm not deluded enough to believe that our boys are angels, but that just stank of Simona taking everyone down around him to try and save some face because he got caught. Doubt our boys would want to play with him again either.

The unknown

Juniors
I doubt we'll take him back, he shit on the club after his sacking by saying rec drug use was rife and the like in a "tell-all exclusive."

Now I'm not deluded enough to believe that our boys are angels, but that just stank of Simona taking everyone down around him to try and save some face because he got caught. Doubt our boys would want to play with him again either.

Are there even many boys in our current team that would've played with him? all I can think of atm is Nofa, Brooks, Lawrence and Maybe Farah?

Anyways yeah I reckon it's highly unlikely he'll come back here like you said, most likely at another club

The unknown

Juniors
Mole reporting Curtis Scott is on the market. Perfect Madge player hard as nails, a good defender and quick. He’s Mad as a cut snake big off-field risk even bigger than Lodge but he’s a great player at a position of need.

We don't sign quality players

We're probably looking at a reserve grade center at the north Sydney bears

Mario chalmers

Juniors
If we have one roster spot available for this season, surely it has to be filled by a quick outside back? We are lacking speed on the edges and it is a huge problem.

Bevan French is not getting a look in at NRL level and scored 3 tries again in State Cup last weekend. Signing him to play fullback might see Mbye to left centre. A serious upgrade to our back five.

The unknown

Juniors
If we have one roster spot available for this season, surely it has to be filled by a quick outside back? We are lacking speed on the edges and it is a huge problem.

Bevan French is not getting a look in at NRL level and scored 3 tries again in State Cup last weekend. Signing him to play fullback might see Mbye to left centre. A serious upgrade to our back five.

Curtis Scott or Bevan French would do ;)

Tiger05

First Grade

He can play on the wing as well. We should be trying to get him now. I met him once and he seemed a good guy as well.