What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Maika Sivo thread

eel01s

Bench
I think they do. Also depends how long he is contracted for. Hopefully cheap as next year too.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Id mention his courage to play on recently after that cramp in his calf.
Did you see the size of that "fuc*ing lump"? I was hurting sitting in my Smokey Dawson Recliner Chair.

eel01s

Bench
He is going great guns. Like everyone else, I just want to see him break through the line and see how fast he can run.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Leading try scorer and has scored in his last 8 games. If Jennings could pass he would if had another.

Joel Caine the Merkin has him for leading try scorer at 67-1.

Gronk

Staff member
Sivo now the 4th rookie in the last 30 years to claim Kevin Irvine Medal

By Navitalai Naivalurua

Thursday 12/09/2019

17390561415d794f927f36ac947741.jpg

Fiji born Parramatta wing, Maika Sivo [Photo:nine.com.au]

Fiji born Parramatta wing, Maika Sivo will now become the fourth rookie in the last 30 years to claim the Kevin Irvine Medal in his rookie year.

The Kevin Irvine Medal is given to top try scorer in the NRL.

Sivo’s remarkable hat-trick in their 32-16 against the Sea Eagles last week earned him the award with 20 tries.

Roosters center, Latrell Mitchell came in second in the top tries scoring list with 18 tries while Ken Maulo of Warriors in third with 17 tries.

Sivo joins fellow Fijians Noa Nadruku and Suliasi Vunivalu who have claimed this in their rookie years.

Alex Johnson is the only other rookie to have claimed the award in his rookie year, having to score 21 tries in 18 games in the NRL 2014 premier season.

Week 1 of the NRL finals kicks off tomorrow with the Roosters taking on the Rabbitohs at 9.50pm while Melbourne Storm take on the Canberra Raiders at 7.40pm Saturday.

The Sea Eagles face the Sharks at 9.50pm Saturday.

The Parramatta Eels will take on the Brisbane Broncos at 6.05pm this Sunday.

https://fijivillage.com/news/Sivo-n...-30-years-to-claim-Kevin-Irvine-Medal-ks2r59/

TheRam

Coach
Surely those scheduled kickoff times can't be right, 9:50 pm?

Oh sorry, just clicked on the link, Fijian time. Sweet.