What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary Charges 2019

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Didn’t deserve 2 weeks for the tackle. Did for carrying on like a f**kwit though.
I don't understand how NRL fans who follow the game relatively closely aren't across how match review works even in a basic sense.

He only got a Grade 1 Careless charge. Normally it'd be a fine (like his teammate Curtis Sironen got). However, AFB had a shitload of priors and carryover points which added up to a 2 game suspension.

Timmah

Staff member
Guerra and Ferguson same night in late 2015 from memory - Guerra's was a shoulder charge, Fergo's was a trip.

Earlier in the same season, Sam Moa got off a charge too.

skeepe

Immortal
So it seems the standard this year so far is tackle accidentally gone wrong with no intent (most crushers, high tackles) = suspension, deliberate act designed to injure an opponent (eye gouge, stomping) = fine, is that right?

Not sure I like that trend.

Iafeta

Referee
So it seems the standard this year so far is tackle accidentally gone wrong with no intent (most crushers, high tackles) = suspension, deliberate act designed to injure an opponent (eye gouge, stomping) = fine, is that right?

Not sure I like that trend.

You can curb stomp a dude like you are reinacting American History X and your punishment is lose Monday’s lunch money and don’t pass go.

Timmah

Staff member
No charges on Sunday's games that I can see.

Maloney and Martin have accepted the early plea for the Hodgson spear - Maloney escapes suspension for that, Martin gets a week.

Maloney will challenge the dangerous contact charge at the judiciary tomorrow night. If he's found not guilty he plays Friday, otherwise he's sitting out a week.

Matulino took the early plea as well and is free to play.

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/33303-mondays-expert-round-8-wrap/

skeepe

Immortal
No charges on Sunday's games that I can see.

Maloney and Martin have accepted the early plea for the Hodgson spear - Maloney escapes suspension for that, Martin gets a week.

Maloney will challenge the dangerous contact charge at the judiciary tomorrow night. If he's found not guilty he plays Friday, otherwise he's sitting out a week.

Matulino took the early plea as well and is free to play.

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/33303-mondays-expert-round-8-wrap/

Maloney’s challenging? Lol. It was a disgusting tackle. He’s lucky it was only a grade one.

Latest posts