What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magic Weekend 2019 - Suncorp

In regards to Magic Weekend, if anyone can do me a massive favour and PM me if anyone attending the Magic Weekend in Brisbane can grab some of the freebie footy card packets they're handing out I can sort you out P&H.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
This is such a poorly executed idea they are giving away tickets to Thursday night. I just got 8.
Struggling to round up crew keen enough...
I think most can agree that Thursday night will flop and even the NRL would probably admit it wasn't the best choice. From memory part of the broadcast deal came into play but I can't remember exactly what.

Even then I don't know that it makes the entire concept poorly executed.

T-Boon

Coach
Because it has the biggest available rectangular stadium in the country and the chances of a local team being involved are greater than in any other Sydney. Is that not patently obvious?

The best thing about Magic Weekend is it takes games out of Sydney. We need to try to find a way to halve the amount of RL games in Sydney. I mean listen to Penrith fans, sounds like they would not even travel 20 minutes to watch their team play at the best new stadium in the country.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
This is such a poorly executed idea they are giving away tickets to Thursday night. I just got 8.
Struggling to round up crew keen enough...
They should be handing them out to all junior clubs, but even then, none would be used on a Thursday.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It would make more sense to take it to Melbourne than Brisbane. Both cities can only support 1 team but Melbourne has a ground with far greater capacity.
I think it's arguable Brisbane can only support one team, but that aside, using the MCG for Magic Round would be ridiculous. I wouldn't even agree with Etihad tbh.

bubs

Juniors
With the HUGE divets the players were digging up in the Ponies - Sharks game at Suncorp a couple of weeks back, I'm glad the Sharks are on Thursday night. The ground will be truly fooked by Saturday night.

Generalzod

Immortal
Honestly we know that Queensland is a proud Rugby League state we see that every time the Broncos play at Suncorp Stadium, My question is if the NRL really want to promote Rugby League why not play magic round in Adelaide...