What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

Springs09

Juniors
Spider-Man Far From Home Trailer:
Warning... There’s a massive Endgame spoiler in it if anyone hasn’t seen endgame...

Looks to continue the MCU Spider-Man problems tbh, the main one being he doesn't have a separate identity from Iron Man. Everything in that was about him being the 'next' or 'new' Iron Man.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Not sure how much to believe out of this trailer regarding things from Mysterio’s pov. Based on what I know about the character (from watching the 90’s cartoon) he is a bit of a fibber.

shiznit

Coach
Not sure how much to believe out of this trailer regarding things from Mysterio’s pov. Based on what I know about the character (from watching the 90’s cartoon) he is a bit of a fibber.
That’s what I’m thinking too...

bileduct

Coach
Don't think it created it, just opened a "rift" between it
Could even be to do with Cap staying behind in the past, which would've messed with time

Looking like phase 4 could see the x-men introduced through the multiverse, maybe something multiverse/timeline-related will happen and they'll need to somehow stop it from collapsing and close the rifts, which could see a bunch of the x-men "trapped" in the MCU or have the two universe merge or something
According to Kevin Feige we won't be seeing the X-Men for at least another five years as their next phase of movies is already planned out.

The next five years looks like an absolute snooze fest filled with diversity projects. Infinity War/Endgame will end up being the height of success for the MCU and will never be reached again.

By the time the MCU is ready for the X-Men superhero fatigue will have well and truly set in.

Reactions: gUt

greenBV4

Bench
According to Kevin Feige we won't be seeing the X-Men for at least another five years as their next phase of movies is already planned out.

The next five years looks like an absolute snooze fest filled with diversity projects. Infinity War/Endgame will end up being the height of success for the MCU and will never be reached again.

By the time the MCU is ready for the X-Men superhero fatigue will have well and truly set in.

Probably true, although I did come up with an unlikely theory after reading the Disney/Fox release calendar that was posted recently

That New Mutants movie is still planned to be released, what if the "new mutants" ended up being the ones in the MCU?

It's got to happen eventually. If Disney really is going to continue the making Marvel movies well into the future, I don't see them wanting to maintain 2 separate superhero universes and the fact that not only endgame but also the new Spider-man both deal with multiverses seems to be a pretty clear sign something big is going to come from all the jumping between universes.

Maybe they'll keep them separate for a while but have characters popping in and out of each universe?

greenBV4

Bench
You would say it’s when Cap stayed back with Carter and thus changed that timeline

Thats what I'd be voting for
They made too big a deal in Endgame for Cap staying back not to have any consequences. I'd say him staying back maybe "merged" the MCU timeline and the past timeline that they all went to in Endgame. This sets up the multiverse plot for Spiderman, leaves the door open for past Loki who teleported to return, and maybe to eventually drip-feed x-men into the universe

Marvel/Disney obviously do a lot of forward planning, and it all really makes a lot of sense if thats the direction they want to take it

shiznit

Coach
My stoner brother made me laugh with his plot hole...

He wants to know who played the big labowski in the MCU as Tony Stark called Thor labowski in Endgame... as Jeff Bridges played Obadiah Stane in the original Iron Man he couldn’t possibly be Jeff Bridges too... :flushed::flushed:

I normally dismiss his bullshit but he actually had a point... :joy::joy:

greenBV4

Bench

He wants to know who played the big labowski in the MCU as Tony Stark called Thor labowski in Endgame... as Jeff Bridges played Obadiah Stane in the original Iron Man he couldn’t possibly be Jeff Bridges too... :flushed::flushed:

It's weird when they make real life movie references in movies and you actually think about it. It would be safe to assume that every movie besides the MCU movies exist in the MCU, so.. does that mean the DC universe exists in the MCU as a movie franchise? or the xmen movies or previous spidermans? haha where is the line drawn?

Game_Breaker

Coach

They made a Star Wars reference in Winter Soldier (list of movies Cap should check out)

So that means Samuel L. Jackson exists in the MCU because he played Mace Windu in the prequels

bileduct

Coach

Your stoner brother needs to disown you for continually spelling Lebowski incorrectly.

bileduct

Coach
Thats what I'd be voting for
They made too big a deal in Endgame for Cap staying back not to have any consequences. I'd say him staying back maybe "merged" the MCU timeline and the past timeline that they all went to in Endgame. This sets up the multiverse plot for Spiderman, leaves the door open for past Loki who teleported to return, and maybe to eventually drip-feed x-men into the universe

Marvel/Disney obviously do a lot of forward planning, and it all really makes a lot of sense if thats the direction they want to take it
The best thing to do is keep Avengers and X-Men in their own separate universes and have the occasional rift open up to allow a crossover between the two in an Infinity War/Endgame style event. Galactus is the most obvious choice for allowing this to happen. He could meddle with both of them.

Captain Marvel has already set up a moronic situation where we are expected to believe that the most powerful character by far in the MCU is "too busy" to be called upon to neutralise major threats. To merge the Avengers and X-Men worlds would also require a ridiculous explanation as to why Professor Xavier and friends were also too busy to help out the Avengers in the past, or an even more ridiculous retcon of the origins of the X-Men.

The X-Men universe has more than enough characters, many different teams (X-Men, X-Factor, New Mutants, X-Force, Excalibur) and lots of bad guys without having to involve the Avengers for little reason other than fan service. The Avengers universe is also busy enough as it is already with second and third tier characters and plenty more of these boring ass f**kers on the way.

If they start pulling out cheap crossover movies then the MCU is dead. An X-Men and Avengers crossover needs to be at the same magnitude as Infinity War/Endgame. Anything less will be a waste of time..

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
Your stoner brother needs to disown you for continually spelling Lebowski incorrectly.
That stupid motherf**ker would misspell ‘The Big’ preceding it...

Me and my sister have a bet going at the moment that she can’t convert him into being a flat earther... she doesn’t personally believe it... but she’s convinced she can make him believe it.

The way things are going I’m probably f**ked... he’s a stupid motherf**ker...

Zoidberg

First Grade
Just saw Endgame for the 2nd time and my opinion of it went up a bit. Probably from an 8.5 to a 9.5.
Felt like I didn’t have to concentrate as much to what was going on and just took it all in more. Still have some issues, Loki thread ignored (for now) and I much prefer awesome Thor to Thorbowski, but it’s much more even with Infinity War for me now than a peg down from it.

shiznit

Coach
Just saw Endgame for the 2nd time and my opinion of it went up a bit. Probably from an 8.5 to a 9.5.
Felt like I didn’t have to concentrate as much to what was going on and just took it all in more. Still have some issues, Loki thread ignored (for now) and I much prefer awesome Thor to Thorbowski, but it’s much more even with Infinity War for me now than a peg down from it.
I’ve seen it 3 times... even on the 3rd viewing that final act was mind blowing....

Maybe it’s hyperbole... maybe I’m getting carried away... but that final act should be one of the greatest moments in film IMO...

Sure it was a cgi fest... but as a climax to over a decade and 20 odd films it was remarkable.

Game_Breaker

Coach
That stupid motherf**ker would misspell ‘The Big’ preceding it...

Me and my sister have a bet going at the moment that she can’t convert him into being a flat earther... she doesn’t personally believe it... but she’s convinced she can make him believe it.

The way things are going I’m probably f**ked... he’s a stupid motherf**ker...

I’m actually curious about this bet

Keep us posted

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
rewatched a version that i obtained legally....and paused it at the end battle. Howard the duck is indeed there

greenBV4

Bench
What are the chances of a Cap 4 movie showing his journey to take the stones back?

They said in Endgame it would take him as long as he wanted to take them all back and it wouldnt be too hard to have something go wrong along the way and have him have to fix it? Especially with Red Skull involved

Im guessing Chris Evanss contract is up so we probably wont see something like this happen, but Id definately watch it if they did

Captain America 4: The Man Out of Time