What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite moment not involving your team.

Overall - It's Australia vs Great Britain 1990 2nd Test match. Trailing 0-1 in the series and with the score at 10-all in the dying seconds... Ricky Stuart > Mal Meninga Try... You all know it I'm sure.

But I suppose that does involve my team by definition, Australia. It's actually my favourite RL moment of all time, and the best game I've seen.

Others;

This.

Mr Spock!

Referee
So many.....

Cows winning grand final.

Lord Ted knocking himself out in 77 grandfinal has always stood out for me. (30 sec mark)

Phil Blake's first year at Manly. The guy was a freak (whatever happened to the chipnchase)

Canberra beating Balmain in extra time in 89 GF.

1981 SF Newtown v Manly biffo back when the game wasn't so soft. Bluebags beat fancy favourites Manly

Grapple

Bench
Best moment at a game was watching Witt score for Warriors vs Melbourne @ the graveyard to steal the game. Party atmosphere like nothing else, followed by the celebration continuing on the streets outside, random fans hugging each other and high fiving amongst the sea of dejected Storm fans was hilarious and pretty special.

Life's Good

Coach
Already mentioned but Cowboys winning in 15 was cool & seeing the Sharks break their duck in 16 was nice. Reading their cesspool of a forum :wink: around that time was really enjoyable. The sense of relief/satisfaction was similar to when my Dragons got the job done in 2010.

For individual moments I’d have to say the chase by Seers on Mullins in the 94 semi was pretty special.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
When Clinton Schifcofske made his South Queensland Crushers debut and than was unemployed a day later when they got kicked out of the comp

axl rose

Bench

a8dff5711b3c008e8b40ff4133b735cd

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
So many.....

Cows winning grand final.

Lord Ted knocking himself out in 77 grandfinal has always stood out for me. (30 sec mark)

Phil Blake's first year at Manly. The guy was a freak (whatever happened to the chipnchase)

Canberra beating Balmain in extra time in 89 GF.

1981 SF Newtown v Manly biffo back when the game wasn't so soft. Bluebags beat fancy favourites Manly

Ha
Goodwin.
Did they win?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Overall - It's Australia vs Great Britain 1990 2nd Test match. Trailing 0-1 in the series and with the score at 10-all in the dying seconds... Ricky Stuart > Mal Meninga Try... You all know it I'm sure.

But I suppose that does involve my team by definition, Australia. It's actually my favourite RL moment of all time, and the best game I've seen.
Love that try, that game, sadly today, it would be a penalty to Great Britain, Interference from Mal on the pommie number 4.

Video refs do not improve the game at all.