What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

taipan

Referee
zero updates in the last 5-6 weeks on youtube by the state gov, nothing by the club who have put $10mil into the build, Townsville bully has been awfully quiet as well. The only vision seen is some fan pics on FB from their downtown hotels.

Isn't the Qld State Govt in huge debt, and needs resources income to keep afloat?
The reason they are pussy footing on the Adani mine?
If the state Govt is in deep shyte, no wonder they are slow in getting things moving on the project.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The roof is unusual, that gives it a point of difference.

It’s unusual in the use of small domes but it’s overall shape is conventional in that it still forms a rectangle. So it’s shape in the end has still been dictated by the demands of its functionality as a stadium. The fact that they built some visual interest into it was a nice bonus. Compare that to Allianz with its big sweeping oval shape that looked striking from the air and from a distance and got lots of praise from architecture fans but which gave it some fundamentally shit attributes as a stadium.

beave

Coach
Isn't the Qld State Govt in huge debt, and needs resources income to keep afloat?
The reason they are pussy footing on the Adani mine?
If the state Govt is in deep shyte, no wonder they are slow in getting things moving on the project.

dunno mate. But the stadium hasn’t stopped being built over the last 2 months, there’s been progress and yet no one is reporting on it.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
dunno mate. But the stadium hasn’t stopped being built over the last 2 months, there’s been progress and yet no one is reporting on it.

“Stadium still making progress” isn’t really headline grabbing stuff. I’d say no news is good news at this point, unless it’s started running late.

beave

Coach
“Stadium still making progress” isn’t really headline grabbing stuff. I’d say no news is good news at this point, unless it’s started running late.

seeing the parra stadium updates made me moist, NQ stadium updates would make me even moister.....

morley101

Juniors
SFS demolition progressing well both the Southern and Northern ends are gone and half of the Western Stand is demolished.

Suitman

Post Whore
Click for full size.

bankwest-stadium-view---jl-002.jpg

D5y68xhUYAAaFH4.jpg

Rooster8

Juniors
They should overshoot and bulldoze the SCG, make it rectangular.You know it makes sense.
Haha just one of those things you'd want to happen to see the reaction of fumbleball and the sticky wickeys. Just like buying Punt Road oval and turning it into a Melbourne Storm or VICRL training ground. I'm sure there were some optimistic fellows who would of wanted AAMI park to be build somewhere else, and make the old Olympic stadium into something more 'ovalish'.

sempmrh

Juniors
I'm sure there were some optimistic fellows who would of wanted AAMI park to be build somewhere else, and make the old Olympic stadium into something more 'ovalish'.
The site of the old Olympic Park Stadium is now an oval and the training ground for Collingwood.

Western_Eel

Juniors
I was just looking at the artist impression on the ANZ stadium website and its crap, all theyre doing is moving the seats in the lower bowl closer to the playing field and extending the roof. the atmosphere isnt going to change,
I dont think any NRL team will play there after having a year or two at bankwest.

T-Boon

Coach
I dont think any NRL team will play there after having a year or two at bankwest.

What is your favourite thing about Bankwest?
After 2 games I am just loving the standing room above the lower decks that you can watch the game from. You can walk along following the advantage line as if you are on the side line.
That plus the pitch of the upper deck and led lighting is now the bare minimum for new stadiums.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Link please?
As far as I understand,the final design process has not been undertaken

I posted a video render of it a few pages back. It’s basically just moving the ends and lower side tiers closer to the pitch and extending the roof a bit. It’ll improve the view from the lower tiers and ends but won’t change the issue of the upper tiers being miles from the action and the whole thing being an oversized stadium with too shallow a rake.

JonnoM

Juniors
I posted a video render of it a few pages back. It’s basically just moving the ends and lower side tiers closer to the pitch and extending the roof a bit. It’ll improve the view from the lower tiers and ends but won’t change the issue of the upper tiers being miles from the action and the whole thing being an oversized stadium with too shallow a rake.
Ive seen the video.,in fact there have been 3 options.
Option 1 is the reconstruction of the lower and middle bowls only(your video)
Option 2 is the demolition of all levels,retaining the outer shell and roof trusses and rebuild the interior to a rectangular stadium
Option 3 is the full demolition of the stadium and rebuild

Option 3 has already been ruled out,but option 2 remains.This would be the best option for everyone.

As I said,the final design process had not been completed,so no one knows.
My question remains to the original post.
Where is the link to any new design on the ANZ Stadium website?

Latest posts