What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 - Rabbitohs vs Cowboys: Sunday 12th May 4:05pm @Suncorp Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Been looking forward to this Round for a while! Magic Round!! Hopefully we will see some magic from our boys up against the Cowboys who won't be an easy task.

callmack1

Staff member
Predicted Line Up is the same as it has been for a while.

1. Johnston
2. Allan
3. Turner
4. Gagai
5. Graham
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. G.Burgess
9. Cook
10. T.Burgess
11. Sutton
12. S.Burgess (C)
13. Murray

14. Tatola
15. Nichols
16. Lowe
17. Knight

Guess we'll find out very soon!

ThingFish

Juniors
I’m out on the Carnival Spirit this weekend and the WiFi charges are more than a weekend ticket to magic round :joy: But I gotta get my Sunday Night updates!! Let’s go Rabbitooooooooohs!!!!!! :rabbit:

callmack1

Staff member
The day of the week is finally here again!! Game Day!! This is a danger game for us because the Cowboys always seem to lift when we play them. We will have to be on as they are improving now that Taumalolo is back.

callmack1

Staff member
Yaya!!! Producing the magic in Magic Round to take us to five wins on the trot!! A seriously dialled in performance from everyone, it was clinical and just great to watch. I'm not sure that anyone had a bad game tonight, everyone did their jobs and it was just business as usual. What made the great win even more impressive is that I thought the Cowboys put in a pretty decent game, they looked really good at times but we were able to get over the top of them by a fair bit in the end so I'm super pumped!

In terms of attack, we were certainly on tonight. I loved the way we played patient, built pressure and just let the points flow. And boy, did they flow off the back of that!! We earn't the right to attack that way through playing super direct through the middle. The forwards were super dominant and we were just rolling over and over throughout the game which was so awesome to watch. That meant we were able to put on some beauty plays at their end for some awesome tries. I was also pleased with the high completion rate, that's always good.

Defence was mostly on song too and it was a good, steady performance in that regard. Not perfect but steady. We did well to contain them for most of the game but then there were little periods where I thought the boys just clocked off a bit, especially towards the end of both stanzas which was a little disappointing. Still, like I say, we missed minimal tackles, defensive dicipline was pretty good and all up, it was a solid game in defence.

Johnston: Was very good. Super safe at the back when defusing bombs and he had great positional play to minimise the effectiveness of other kicks. His running game was pretty good too with strong kick returns and a few evasive runs throughout the game where it looked like he might streak away. Big ups to AJ for two massive tackles in the last quarter of the game that saved certain tries twice in a row. A great performance.

Allan: Corey was pretty solid tonight. Didin't put a foot wrong and I don't know if it was just me but he seemed to be a bit more involved. He was taking more hit ups and putting in some nice runs to help out the forwards. No slip ups defensively either.

Turner: Another nice game from velcro. Some beautiful lines run from him which produced a line break but it was a feature of his game all night. He actually seemed to really trouble the Cowboys defence. Defensively, he was good. Mostly tackled everything that moved in front of him, there was just that one poor read which lead to the Cowboys first try. Kyle was rewarded with a well deserved try too. A shame to see him go off with concussion but he'll be okay.

Gagai: Not a bad game from Gags at all. as always, he did a whole lot of the shit work to help out the forwards and put in some good strong runs. Not too many slip ups defensively but I was really disappointed with his effort towards the end of the game to tackle his opposite number leading to the last Cowboys try. That was simply not good enough.

Graham: Cammy was good, but he just seemed to be a little more quiet than usual. Still made plenty of good runs and had strong kick returns but he just didn't seem to get involved as much. In defence he was great through, put in some brilliant reads right throughout the night to stop that left side straight up.

Walker: Not quite the spectacular performance of the last few weeks but he was still bloody good. As always, he looked super dangerous on that left edge and was creating plenty of opportunities for those outside him. His kicking game was good and gee wiz, how about that try!!! Unbelieveable skill to hold onto the ball and then beat five defenders like that, it was insane!

Reynolds: Was great tonight. He certainly had the radar dialled with his kicking tonight as his kicking game (apart from the one he put out on the full) was near perfect. reyno had it on a string with his short kicks which built as that pressure we needed to make the Cowboys crack. It was a masterclass in short kicking. General play was pretty solid too, directed the boys well and was able to create space outside him dispite being continually rushed up on.

Tatola: Probably his best game of the year to date, he was an absolute beast in both his stints. All the boys in the forward pack were rolling and Junior was no exception tonight as he just charged hard and straight to bend that line, get a quick play-the-ball and then go again. He really laid a great platform, very impressive.

Cook: Wow, wow, wow. I must say that that has to be one of the best games I have ever seen Cookie play! Magic in Magic Round. He was simply brilliant! Three try assists, line breaks, line break assists, good running meters, plenty of tackles and to top it all off a great try, it was all there from Cook tonight! Brought the forwards onto the ball nicely, controlled the ruck and picked the perfect times to run. He was good last year but has really taken his game to the next level in 2019. I'm lovin it!!

T.Burgess: Another good performance from Tommy and I think his form is really starting to heat up (let's hope it says that way). He was just rolling up field with ease at times. Running hard, going into contact and then just pumping those legs. It was great!

Sutton: Solid stuff from Sutto tonight. His running game was on point as he ran some great lines off Cody and even threatened to break through a couple of times. Sutt also pulled off some beautiful passes for those outside him. Let's hope that injury was nothing too serious. It appeared to be a rib injury which can be tricky but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

S.Burgess: A brilliant game from Sammy once again. I feel like I say this every week but he was just in everything giving his all. Hard runs and plenty of them were the order of the day and boy did he make some meters tonight! Over 150 I think. Sam's run of tries continued too as he ran a great line off Cookie and there was no way anyone was stopping him in that situation. Certainly up there with one of our best.

Murray: Another good game from Cam. In a forward pack that was so dominant, he was a stand out. Big run after big run and as always made plenty of tackles that didn't miss. I just love the way he fights in everything!

G.Burgess: That was easily George's best game of the year so far! Did make the one error but apart from that, he was barnstorming! Provided great impact off the bench with some big runs. Man, I wish he scored off that break he made!! Was still awesome.

Nicholls: Wasn't too bad. Did his job with some nice runs and solid defence. he did make a couple of disappointing errors though which put a slight damper on his performance.

Lowe: Playing against his old club for the first time and he seemed pretty fired up. This saw him put in a pretty decent game. His hits in defence were sticking and despite not making a whole lot of hit ups, the ones he did make were super effective.

Knight: His minutes were limited by that HIA but he was still pretty good for the time he was out there. Aggressive hit ups which is what we like to see.

All in all, I am very pleased. We did have a few moments where we clocked off but that was pretty damn close to a clinical 80 minute performance. The task now is to back it up each week and keep it going!!

Rabbit Stew

Juniors
There's a long way to go, but after last year's ridiculously tight comp where just two points separated first and eighth this year really is turning into a three-horse race.
Souths, Rooters and Storm are head and shoulders above the rest at the moment with Canberra, pending injuries, the only side that looks like troubling them.
As others have said, today was another pretty clinical display with 1-17 all playing well. Most pleasing for me was the fact that a few injuries and HIAs had no real impact - everything just went on as business as usual.

ThingFish

Juniors
Yaya!!! Producing the magic in Magic Round to take us to five wins on the trot!! A seriously dialled in performance from everyone, it was clinical and just great to watch. I'm not sure that anyone had a bad game tonight, everyone did their jobs and it was just business as usual. What made the great win even more impressive is that I thought the Cowboys put in a pretty decent game, they looked really good at times but we were able to get over the top of them by a fair bit in the end so I'm super pumped!

In terms of attack, we were certainly on tonight. I loved the way we played patient, built pressure and just let the points flow. And boy, did they flow off the back of that!! We earn't the right to attack that way through playing super direct through the middle. The forwards were super dominant and we were just rolling over and over throughout the game which was so awesome to watch. That meant we were able to put on some beauty plays at their end for some awesome tries. I was also pleased with the high completion rate, that's always good.

Defence was mostly on song too and it was a good, steady performance in that regard. Not perfect but steady. We did well to contain them for most of the game but then there were little periods where I thought the boys just clocked off a bit, especially towards the end of both stanzas which was a little disappointing. Still, like I say, we missed minimal tackles, defensive dicipline was pretty good and all up, it was a solid game in defence.

Johnston: Was very good. Super safe at the back when defusing bombs and he had great positional play to minimise the effectiveness of other kicks. His running game was pretty good too with strong kick returns and a few evasive runs throughout the game where it looked like he might streak away. Big ups to AJ for two massive tackles in the last quarter of the game that saved certain tries twice in a row. A great performance.

Allan: Corey was pretty solid tonight. Didin't put a foot wrong and I don't know if it was just me but he seemed to be a bit more involved. He was taking more hit ups and putting in some nice runs to help out the forwards. No slip ups defensively either.

Turner: Another nice game from velcro. Some beautiful lines run from him which produced a line break but it was a feature of his game all night. He actually seemed to really trouble the Cowboys defence. Defensively, he was good. Mostly tackled everything that moved in front of him, there was just that one poor read which lead to the Cowboys first try. Kyle was rewarded with a well deserved try too. A shame to see him go off with concussion but he'll be okay.

Gagai: Not a bad game from Gags at all. as always, he did a whole lot of the shit work to help out the forwards and put in some good strong runs. Not too many slip ups defensively but I was really disappointed with his effort towards the end of the game to tackle his opposite number leading to the last Cowboys try. That was simply not good enough.

Graham: Cammy was good, but he just seemed to be a little more quiet than usual. Still made plenty of good runs and had strong kick returns but he just didn't seem to get involved as much. In defence he was great through, put in some brilliant reads right throughout the night to stop that left side straight up.

Walker: Not quite the spectacular performance of the last few weeks but he was still bloody good. As always, he looked super dangerous on that left edge and was creating plenty of opportunities for those outside him. His kicking game was good and gee wiz, how about that try!!! Unbelieveable skill to hold onto the ball and then beat five defenders like that, it was insane!

Reynolds: Was great tonight. He certainly had the radar dialled with his kicking tonight as his kicking game (apart from the one he put out on the full) was near perfect. reyno had it on a string with his short kicks which built as that pressure we needed to make the Cowboys crack. It was a masterclass in short kicking. General play was pretty solid too, directed the boys well and was able to create space outside him dispite being continually rushed up on.

Tatola: Probably his best game of the year to date, he was an absolute beast in both his stints. All the boys in the forward pack were rolling and Junior was no exception tonight as he just charged hard and straight to bend that line, get a quick play-the-ball and then go again. He really laid a great platform, very impressive.

Cook: Wow, wow, wow. I must say that that has to be one of the best games I have ever seen Cookie play! Magic in Magic Round. He was simply brilliant! Three try assists, line breaks, line break assists, good running meters, plenty of tackles and to top it all off a great try, it was all there from Cook tonight! Brought the forwards onto the ball nicely, controlled the ruck and picked the perfect times to run. He was good last year but has really taken his game to the next level in 2019. I'm lovin it!!

T.Burgess: Another good performance from Tommy and I think his form is really starting to heat up (let's hope it says that way). He was just rolling up field with ease at times. Running hard, going into contact and then just pumping those legs. It was great!

Sutton: Solid stuff from Sutto tonight. His running game was on point as he ran some great lines off Cody and even threatened to break through a couple of times. Sutt also pulled off some beautiful passes for those outside him. Let's hope that injury was nothing too serious. It appeared to be a rib injury which can be tricky but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

S.Burgess: A brilliant game from Sammy once again. I feel like I say this every week but he was just in everything giving his all. Hard runs and plenty of them were the order of the day and boy did he make some meters tonight! Over 150 I think. Sam's run of tries continued too as he ran a great line off Cookie and there was no way anyone was stopping him in that situation. Certainly up there with one of our best.

Murray: Another good game from Cam. In a forward pack that was so dominant, he was a stand out. Big run after big run and as always made plenty of tackles that didn't miss. I just love the way he fights in everything!

G.Burgess: That was easily George's best game of the year so far! Did make the one error but apart from that, he was barnstorming! Provided great impact off the bench with some big runs. Man, I wish he scored off that break he made!! Was still awesome.

Nicholls: Wasn't too bad. Did his job with some nice runs and solid defence. he did make a couple of disappointing errors though which put a slight damper on his performance.

Lowe: Playing against his old club for the first time and he seemed pretty fired up. This saw him put in a pretty decent game. His hits in defence were sticking and despite not making a whole lot of hit ups, the ones he did make were super effective.

Knight: His minutes were limited by that HIA but he was still pretty good for the time he was out there. Aggressive hit ups which is what we like to see.

All in all, I am very pleased. We did have a few moments where we clocked off but that was pretty damn close to a clinical 80 minute performance. The task now is to back it up each week and keep it going!!
Another spot on wrap up. Watched the game on the Carnival Spirit. Their Sports Bar actually plays Aussie sports now. Watched it with a bunch of fellow supporters. It’s starting to click now, and the really positive thing is that we still have a lot of improvements to make.

The bench has really stood up in the last two games. Pre-season it looked like our weak spot. With SOO coming up, the return of Burns and Douhie, and the form of Billy Britain, Dean Britt and Connor Tracey could see us through.

But next week is our biggest challenge since Rd1 and realistically with a rather soft draw to start the season we should be 8-1. GIO has been a graveyard for us in recent times. Time to break another hoodoo. Glory, Glory!!

callmack1

Staff member