What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Curtis Scott

Glenn012

Juniors
Apparently Melbourne are trying to get rid of him even though he is under contract for another year after this.

I'm wouldn't be in favor of SGI signing him. In the games I have seen him play, I have only ever thought he is massively overrated at best, not NRL standard at worst.

Having said that, the guy won a premiership with Melbourne!!!! There may even be a photo of him holding the trophy aloft with Bellamy in the picture. Sign him on marquee player money! I must be a moron and he a superstar because I think he is a premiership winner with Melbourne.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
images

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Nah.

Bellamy said during the week that if his current players can't get the job done, he's going to start finding other players.

Scott would be the first of that exodus, I don't want us to be seen as the first club to pick up a reject seen as "not good enough". It'll set a dangerous precedent.

Dragons 09

Juniors
Nah.

Bellamy said during the week that if his current players can't get the job done, he's going to start finding other players.

Scott would be the first of that exodus, I don't want us to be seen as the first club to pick up a reject seen as "not good enough". It'll set a dangerous precedent.

Anyone who hangs one off the end of Dylan Walkers chin is OK by me:D

I think you're right though, he's not one of Bellamy's favourites and if he can't get him to perform at the top level, our coach has no hope. Mind you, i think Croft would be the first of the exodus if Bellamy wields the axe, he offers very little as support to Smith and Munster and is really under achieving if all the early hype about him was to be believed.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I would sign Scott and play him centre with Lomax the other centre. He has a great build for centre. i am very surprised that Bellamy is letting him go.

redVinme

Juniors
Posted this in rumours thread. I'd be for it. Or that Broncs winger that just got dropped issakho* goal kicker would be a good pre June 30 signing. Heaps of upside

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I'm pretty sure @Awynn_er mentioned that Scott originally left the sharks due to some bad influences in the area, so doubt he would want to come back somewhere close to the shire...

Glenn012

Juniors
I would sign Scott and play him centre with Lomax the other centre. He has a great build for centre. i am very surprised that Bellamy is letting him go.
I was being sarcastic. I have seen it said before something to end that any player who was in a premiership winning team and isn't retiring or getting very close to it, must be a superstar. As dumb as that is, it sadly isn't an uncommon opinion.

From what I have seen, no way would I want SGI to sign him. Who cares about ISP and that is the only place he would get a game unless we were in dire straights. As @Dragons 09 stated, if Bellamy can't get him playing at a high level after a few years, what hope has McGregor got?

Glenn012

Juniors
I would look at Issako and Oats at Brisbane thats where we are struggling this year the wings
Oats is great at making a lot of meters but makes so many mistakes. I'd be interested in the other guy to see if he can make it as a fullback. Dufty isn't cutting it. The occasional freakish try isn't enough to compensate for his shortcomings.

dragon thomo

Juniors
Issako has got talent and he can also goal kick. You right about Oats making mistakes but atleast he can break the line with size and speed

Walpole

Juniors
A centre from Melbourne you say? Maybe we could give him a run at fullback for two games, drop him to reggies for half a season, bring him back to randomly play every position in the backline, then play him off the bench for 8 minutes a game as some sort of undersized middle forward hybrid. Worked out well for the last bloke...

Frank Facer

First Grade
I was being sarcastic. I have seen it said before something to end that any player who was in a premiership winning team and isn't retiring or getting very close to it, must be a superstar. As dumb as that is, it sadly isn't an uncommon opinion.

From what I have seen, no way would I want SGI to sign him. Who cares about ISP and that is the only place he would get a game unless we were in dire straights. As @Dragons 09 stated, if Bellamy can't get him playing at a high level after a few years, what hope has McGregor got?
If Tom Turbo isn't fit for origin. Then Leilua and Scott would both come into contention for my team. That is how highly I rate Scott.

Bench
If my memory serves me correctly didn’t we sign a reject from the Storm, Paul Vaughan, he seems to be doing well even with McIdiot coaching.

Latest posts