What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Curtis Scott

Glenn012

Juniors
If Tom Turbo isn't fit for origin. Then Leilua and Scott would both come into contention for my team. That is how highly I rate Scott.
That's healthy. Seems SGI supporters have been beaten down and abused for so long, many readily heed the advice of rivals FFS! Of course some are just natural born idiots.

Bellamy will say Scott is a superstar and etc while he plays him in ISP or QLD Cup and tries to move him on but playing him there shows he believes Scott is barely NRL standard if at all and I agree with that based on what I have seen of him play.

Definitely Leilua for Origin.

Glenn012

Juniors
If my memory serves me correctly didn’t we sign a reject from the Storm, Paul Vaughan, he seems to be doing well even with McIdiot coaching.
Your memory doens't serve you correct. But it is interesting the former centre can seemingly spot talent and improve forwards but not backs.

possm

Coach
I don't support the idea of recruiting Scott. We currently have three high priced halves on our books and one Jai Field who I believe will go well at five-eighth for the next few weeks.

Why not go for a star player like Mitchell. Offer him Widdop's money and the position of fullback for 2020 on. High quality in defence and attack and can also kick goals. Find another role in the team for Dufty where he can use his speed in attack but not be the last line in defence. No matter where we play Dufty, it is as it always has been, he needs to improve his defence. I personally believe he could do very well in the halves but again he would need to improve his defence.

Dufty on a wing could be a solution if Mary could skiil him into coming in-field on kick returns and in general play. He still could exploit opportunities in broken play but lesson the risk of being rag-dolled into touch.

Many on here say that Dufty brings to the team so much in attack that it mitigates the problems he causes in defence. Well the same would apply on the wing. Yes he could out pace all in attack, stepping and weaving through the line to score short and long range tries. And yes there would still be issues in defence and being rag-dolled however, if there were a Mitchell at the back there may be a chance of defending that those mistakes.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Scott will end up being an excellent centre. Won’t be leaving Melbourne.
100% correct
Bellamy kicks arse, puts them on notice and then gets the best out of them and makes them a keeper until a much better option appears.
In our system we just yuck it up on the bus and have a group hug.

Glenn012

Juniors
Scott will end up being an excellent centre. Won’t be leaving Melbourne.
Sometimes I don't know what's wrong with you. Like you have an inferiority complex vis-a-vis Melbourne. I wonder if you were saying Mann should be in the centres before Aitken or Lafai. I would bet you were but couldn't be bothered checking.

The guy has been in the Melbourne system for a few years, is turning 23 this year and has been dropped for a few weeks running. He is never going to be "an excellent centre". At best, an average NRL level centre but more likely a fringe NRL journeyman.

He may prove me wrong but I doubt it. I certainly wasn't wrong about Widdop and Mann:cool:.

Old Timer

Coach
Sometimes I don't know what's wrong with you. Like you have an inferiority complex vis-a-vis Melbourne. I wonder if you were saying Mann should be in the centres before Aitken or Lafai. I would bet you were but couldn't be bothered checking.

The guy has been in the Melbourne system for a few years, is turning 23 this year and has been dropped for a few weeks running. He is never going to be "an excellent centre". At best, an average NRL level centre but more likely a fringe NRL journeyman.

He may prove me wrong but I doubt it. I certainly wasn't wrong about Widdop and Mann:cool:.
You weren't in this place when either Widdop or Mann arrived so there is no evidence that you weren't a fan to begin with and formed your hatred at a later date?
You have no history as being anti anybody as you are merely a Johnny come lately offering a particularly nasty rhetoric towards a player (Widdop) who is highly respected by anyone of note within the sport.

Glenn012

Juniors
You weren't in this place when either Widdop or Mann arrived so there is no evidence that you weren't a fan to begin with and formed your hatred at a later date?
You have no history as being anti anybody as you are merely a Johnny come lately offering a particularly nasty rhetoric towards a player (Widdop) who is highly respected by anyone of note within the sport.
I don't have a hatred for anyone really. Maybe some prominent people like Trump, Morrison, Der Fuhrer Herr Merkel. Maybe Xi Xinping but don't know enough about him. Putin comes across as a little better than the rest of the scumbags. On a more local level, I certainly don't have any "warm feelings" for Wayne Bennett given the way he was so arrogant and though so little of our intelligence that he was giving us "advice" about where to play Widdop this season.

Certainly not the 3 we are talking about here personally. I hated Widdop as a playmaker for SGI. That is an understatement! F**king hated him as a playmaker considering how much of the salary cap he was commanding and how good he was as a playmaker.

I didn't hate Mann as a player for us. I think he was a pretty good utility player but that is all he was. As for Scott, from what I have seen he couldn't make it as a utility and will never be able to make it in the forwards due to size/build. Isn't fast enough to be a winger. Average NRL centre at best. More likely a fringe NRL centre.

SBD82

Coach
He’s young, and plays very well within Melbourne’s structures. Has all the skills and attributes that you want from a centre in a team that runs a lot of set plays. I rate him but he wouldn’t suit our team at all imo.

And the integrity commission rumours should put a big red line through his name at this stage.

FlameThrower

Bench
Do we have to jump at every player being shoped around? If Bellamy could not straighten him out and they have that whole ‘Melbourne System ‘ down there what hope would we have?

possm

Coach
Do we have to jump at every player being shoped around? If Bellamy could not straighten him out and they have that whole ‘Melbourne System ‘ down there what hope would we have?
The problem is that we have holes in our current line-up and so the only way to address this problem is to bring through some of our young juniors now playing CC or to go to the market and sign some players prior to June 30.

I do believe we panicked when extending Pereira and Dufty and should not have extended Latimore and Allgood for 2019. We should have first secured a top line first grade back 3 before back filling with fringe or junior players. Ideally we would be premiership contenders if we had the following line-up. I believe it is now too late for 2019 but we may be able to do this for season 2020:

1. Mitchell
2. Saab
3. Lomax
4. A left centre with speed, good defence and an accurate pass
5. The jury is out however, if Rava or Pearson don't step up, we need to let them go and buy a first grade winger.
6. I'm happy with Norman backed up by Field
7. I'm happy with Hunt backed up by Clune
8. I would like to see Timm or Kerr
9. McInnes however, we will regret losing Robson if he moves on
10. I'm happy with Vaughan
11. I'm happy with T Sims backed up by Leilua
12. I'm happy with Frizell backed up by Host
13. De Belin backed up by Lawrie

14. Kerr or Timm
15. Graham
16. K Sims
17. Host or Leilua

Last edited:

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I don't support the idea of recruiting Scott. We currently have three high priced halves on our books and one Jai Field who I believe will go well at five-eighth for the next few weeks.

Why not go for a star player like Mitchell. Offer him Widdop's money and the position of fullback for 2020 on. High quality in defence and attack and can also kick goals. Find another role in the team for Dufty where he can use his speed in attack but not be the last line in defence. No matter where we play Dufty, it is as it always has been, he needs to improve his defence. I personally believe he could do very well in the halves but again he would need to improve his defence.

Dufty on a wing could be a solution if Mary could skiil him into coming in-field on kick returns and in general play. He still could exploit opportunities in broken play but lesson the risk of being rag-dolled into touch.

Many on here say that Dufty brings to the team so much in attack that it mitigates the problems he causes in defence. Well the same would apply on the wing. Yes he could out pace all in attack, stepping and weaving through the line to score short and long range tries. And yes there would still be issues in defence and being rag-dolled however, if there were a Mitchell at the back there may be a chance of defending that those mistakes.

Let's not forget that Dufty played most if not all of his junior football in the halves. I've just googled his weight (80kgs) and the weights of the full backs generally spoken of as the top performers in their position (Trbojevic, Tedesco, Ponga, Johnston and all of them are around 95 kgs or more. Even Charnz Nicoll Klokstad, who looks diminutive, is 5kgs heavier than him.

Dufty's size and skill limitations demand that he play nearer his forwards who can help him out with defence while he uses his speed, vision and good passing game in attack. I would eventually like to see Dufty and Field, who are similar in age, being our long term halves (with work on their kicking games and defence of course) with Hunt moving to hooker and a bulked up Cameron McInnes with his high work rate and mobility, in the back row ( a bit like Josh Jackson). That would be a team to watch in attack.

possm

Coach
Let's not forget that Dufty played most if not all of his junior football in the halves. I've just googled his weight (80kgs) and the weights of the full backs generally spoken of as the top performers in their position (Trbojevic, Tedesco, Ponga, Johnston and all of them are around 95 kgs or more. Even Charnz Nicoll Klokstad, who looks diminutive, is 5kgs heavier than him.

Dufty's size and skill limitations demand that he play nearer his forwards who can help him out with defence while he uses his speed, vision and good passing game in attack. I would eventually like to see Dufty and Field, who are similar in age, being our long term halves (with work on their kicking games and defence of course) with Hunt moving to hooker and a bulked up Cameron McInnes with his high work rate and mobility, in the back row ( a bit like Josh Jackson). That would be a team to watch in attack.
It would have been great to see Dufty and Field paired as our halves in the trials. I too think Dufty / Field would make a good running halfback however, we do need a Norman type player to manage the game. Can't see either Field or Dufty going well at halfback but both doing very well at 6.

So, my preference is an unconventional one, Dufty on the wing and Field at 6 with Mitchell at fullback.

The Damo

Juniors
The problem is that we have holes in our current line-up and so the only way to address this problem is to bring through some of our young juniors now playing CC or to go to the market and sign some players prior to June 30.

I do believe we panicked when extending Pereira and Dufty and should not have extended Latimore and Allgood for 2019. We should have first secured a top line first grade back 3 before back filling with fringe or junior players. Ideally we would be premiership contenders if we had the following line-up. I believe it is now too late for 2019 but we may be able to do this for season 2020:

1. Mitchell
2. Saab
3. Lomax
4. A left centre with speed, good defence and an accurate pass
5. The jury is out however, if Rava or Pearson don't step up, we need to let them go and buy a first grade winger.
6. I'm happy with Norman backed up by Field
7. I'm happy with Hunt backed up by Clune
8. I would like to see Timm or Kerr
9. McInnes however, we will regret losing Robson if he moves on
10. I'm happy with Vaughan
11. I'm happy with T Sims backed up by Leilua
12. I'm happy with Frizell backed up by Host
13. De Belin backed up by Lawrie

14. Kerr or Timm
15. Graham
16. K Sims
17. Host or Leilua

1. He’s contracted for 2020. This is delusional.
2. JP rules. He’s performing well above average for a winger, and just below the absolute elite on 3 or 4 times his salary.
3. Agreed.
4. We have a left centre with good speed, top class defence, an excellent pass and elite level offloads. Names Lafai, you might have heard of him.
The rest is more Or less defensible.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Surprised nobody has posted it, but I think people were hasty seeing the integrity unit getting involved. You could tell by the wording that it wasn't your run of the mill alcohol or violence related issue.

Scott is going through some personal issues at the moment which apparently recently came to a head in a way that made the unit get involved. Whatever happened isn't known, but I saw an article listing a Lifeline phone number at the bottom after reporting on this so let's hope the kid gets into a good place