What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

• I want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • I don't want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 113 32.4%
  • I couldn't care less if he returns or not.

Votes: 176 50.4%

• Total voters

BM1979

Juniors
He does totally have the right to follow his religion exactly as he pleases. Nobody is saying he can’t say the things he has said.
He just can’t say them whilst being an ambassador for the ARU and their sponsors.

Your second paragraph completely contradicts your first one.

Anyway we will see what happens from here .

Last edited:

Shark62

Juniors
He does totally have the right to follow his religion exactly as he pleases. Nobody is saying he can’t say the things he has said.
He just can’t say them whilst being an ambassador for the ARU and their sponsors.

Any we will see what happens from here .
You still don’t get the distinction? It’s not even remotely complicated.

BM1979

Juniors
You still don’t get the distinction? It’s not even remotely complicated.

What distinction. His first paragraph he is saying no one is stopping him from saying it , his second paragraph is explaining to me why he cannot say it (People are trying to stop him from saying it )

As I said , we will see what happens from here .

Pommy

Coach

No it does not.

Think of it this way. I have the right to f**k any woman I want and who will let me. However I have willingly entered in a contract with my wife and if I exercise that right there’s going to be consequences.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
What distinction. His first paragraph he is saying no one is stopping him from saying it , his second paragraph is explaining to me why he cannot say it (People are trying to stop him from saying it )

As I said , we will see what happens from here .
Er?

The second paragraph explains why there are consequences for saying it. Nobody is stopping him from doing so, just that consequences exist for those words/actions. Your inability to separate the two seems to be the crux of this round-and-round.

As for we will see what happens from here - well he's committed a high level breach which funnily enough happens to be the only level breach that enables RA to sack him without a full payout.

So I think the writing is on the wall here.

Danish

Referee
No that the kangaroo ARU court is out of the way, they’ll head to the actual courts you think.

Hope he bankrupts them, and himself

Someguy

First Grade
Quite amazing to me that NRL has said he can’t come back and this decision will never be revisited! We have guys that have stomped on peoples heads, attacked women, caught consuming or selling drugs and we have been able to accept them back after their rehabilitation. He has done a stupid thing and it would be bad PR to allow him to join the game now but I can’t see how we can just dam him to hell with no chance of rehabilitation.

Shark62

Juniors
Quite amazing to me that NRL has said he can’t come back and this decision will never be revisited! We have guys that have stomped on peoples heads, attacked women, caught consuming or selling drugs and we have been able to accept them back after their rehabilitation. He has done a stupid thing and it would be bad PR to allow him to join the game now but I can’t see how we can just dam him to hell with no chance of rehabilitation.
He doesn’t want rehabilitation. That’s why he’s not welcome. Ask the ARU.

Perth Red

Post Whore

He just needs to get on league life, look sad at the ladies, say how he has turned his life around and he’d be welcome with open arms.

Windy70

Juniors
Doesn't he also mention Hell is waiting for Drunks? C'mon everyone, grab an esky and rise up. enough is enough.
Who cares, he has the right to his beliefs, the ARU has the right to enforce their rules and contracts with members and representatives. Common sense.
Humans are progressively getting easier to offend. It's 1 bloke that said some stuff, all of which has been said before, he hasn't coined it. So who cares. The only people that will listen are the ones that already think that way or are wired that way.
My thoughts only and not the view of my keyboard, monitor, mouse, PC or the companies that manufactured them.

Shark62

Juniors
Doesn't he also mention Hell is waiting for Drunks? C'mon everyone, grab an esky and rise up. enough is enough.
Who cares, he has the right to his beliefs, the ARU has the right to enforce their rules and contracts with members and representatives. Common sense.
Humans are progressively getting easier to offend. It's 1 bloke that said some stuff, all of which has been said before, he hasn't coined it. So who cares. The only people that will listen are the ones that already think that way or are wired that way.
My thoughts only and not the view of my keyboard, monitor, mouse, PC or the companies that manufactured them.
What a simple little world you live in.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Problem is ARU and others can’t come out and call him out for being delusional and bat sht crazy or they’d offend all the other bible bashing nutters in the world. so their only response can be at the individual for breaking his contract rather than the hammering him on the truth which is he is just another brain washed imbecile whose words should be mocked with the stupidity they deserve.

Pommy

Coach
We were all wrong this episode isn’t about homophobia, it’s a racist attack. Obviously a black man can’t possibly be called out on his views without there being racial overtones.

Knight Vision

First Grade

How about Folau has the right to think and say whatever he wants to. RA also has the right sack him, just as I have the right to condemn his words. We all have a right.

Folau has the right to believe in Sky Daddy, an invisible man that will come down from the sky and save us all. Just as I have the right to think he's a raving idiot.

Perhaps Folau should take a teaching from Buddha - "Before you speak, let your words pass through three gates: Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind?"

Knight Vision

First Grade
We were all wrong this episode isn’t about homophobia, it’s a racist attack. Obviously a black man can’t possibly be called out on his views without there being racial overtones.

The irony is hilarious . A man defending a bigot against racism ...hahaha that'll do me. Both those dipshits would fail to see the irony, fail to see the root cause of racism is intolerance ( bigotry )