What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

JonnoM

Juniors
pretty sure your option 2 was also ruled out due to cost.
Not exactly right,

Option 2 was the original plan submitted by the Baird Government in 2016
Option 2 was then cancelled by the Berejiklian Government for a FULL demolition and rebuild of ANZ.Cost was not a factor as the rebuild was not much more than the Baird redevelopment.
Due to the uproar created by the bald hanky guy,they gave in to pressure to release a cheap option to appease the media and released Option 1(pre election)
The money has always been there to even completely rebuild the venue.
Now that the Government was re elected,do not be surprised to see at least option 2 on the table.
This current government never wanted Option 1

taipan

Referee
Click for full size.

bankwest-stadium-view---jl-002.jpg

D5y68xhUYAAaFH4.jpg

The orange in the background needs to be a little more intense.Do the Eels have have a box of crayons?

Western_Eel

Juniors
Ive seen the video.,in fact there have been 3 options.
Option 1 is the reconstruction of the lower and middle bowls only(your video)
Option 2 is the demolition of all levels,retaining the outer shell and roof trusses and rebuild the interior to a rectangular stadium
Option 3 is the full demolition of the stadium and rebuild

Option 3 has already been ruled out,but option 2 remains.This would be the best option for everyone.

As I said,the final design process had not been completed,so no one knows.
My question remains to the original post.
Where is the link to any new design on the ANZ Stadium website?
https://www.anzstadium.com.au/foote...stadium-into-world-class-rectangular-stadium/

Ive seen the video.,in fact there have been 3 options.
Option 1 is the reconstruction of the lower and middle bowls only(your video)
Option 2 is the demolition of all levels,retaining the outer shell and roof trusses and rebuild the interior to a rectangular stadium
Option 3 is the full demolition of the stadium and rebuild

Option 3 has already been ruled out,but option 2 remains.This would be the best option for everyone.

As I said,the final design process had not been completed,so no one knows.
My question remains to the original post.
Where is the link to any new design on the ANZ Stadium website?

Option 2 remains? I thought they were pretty firm on leaving level 6.

Not exactly right,

Option 2 was the original plan submitted by the Baird Government in 2016
Option 2 was then cancelled by the Berejiklian Government for a FULL demolition and rebuild of ANZ.Cost was not a factor as the rebuild was not much more than the Baird redevelopment.
Due to the uproar created by the bald hanky guy,they gave in to pressure to release a cheap option to appease the media and released Option 1(pre election)
The money has always been there to even completely rebuild the venue.
Now that the Government was re elected,do not be surprised to see at least option 2 on the table.
This current government never wanted Option 1

Hope you're right. A full internal rebuild would be a good outcome. Even if they had to bump the spend by another $200m, probably wouldn't get noticed much.

no name

Coach
‘artist concept’

my NQ brethren would never take bean bags to a game.........
Yeah, that’s what I was sort of getting at. Pretty weird concept seeing blokes perched on the hill on a beanbag.
Not that I’d knock one back if I was offered one...

carcharias

Immortal
Yeah, that’s what I was sort of getting at. Pretty weird concept seeing blokes perched on the hill on a beanbag.
Not that I’d knock one back if I was offered one...

Those computer generated image dudes love sticking people on bean bags in their pics.
The sharks development “artist impression” had hipsters on bean bags everywhere.

grozzy

Juniors
If they're smart about ANZ Stadium, it shouldnt need a full rebuild. Keep the core with lifts, elevators and spiral ramps but move or rebuild the seating horizontally towards the field. I dont know what they can do about level 6 without changing the roof.

Shark62

Juniors
If they're smart about ANZ Stadium, it shouldnt need a full rebuild. Keep the core with lifts, elevators and spiral ramps but move or rebuild the seating horizontally towards the field. I dont know what they can do about level 6 without changing the roof.
Four of us have made the brave decision to travel up to watch origin at anz this year. I’ll be interested to see what they think. I can’t stand the place.

Latest posts