What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magic Weekend 2019 - Suncorp

siv

First Grade
Well its a rugby league ghost town this weekend in Sydney no NRL and no NSW Cup matches

No interuptions to mothers day family outtings

gUt

Coach
It just says “parks are available” but yeah unsure if still a mission etc
You have to call ahead and book. If you haven’t by now you’re no chance I’d say. If you can get one they are very Good.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Well its a rugby league ghost town this weekend in Sydney no NRL and no NSW Cup matches

No interuptions to mothers day family outtings
Jersey Flegg (U20s) Magic Round is on at Leichhardt Saturday & Sunday, effectively NSW version of Holden Cup.

Plenty of women's footy on across Sydney (and up Newcastle too)

upload_2019-5-8_15-45-45.png

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Maybe a Magic State idea would have worked better..

2 games at Robina 3 at Suncorp and 2 at Townsville and 1 at Sunshine coast .. may have been a better result

You could replicate this in NZ as well with 2 x 4 games at Eden park.. Wellington .. Christchurch and Dunedin.

We will never be able to play this in winter in WA , SA or VIC as all big grounds have AFL every weekend..

If we are going to take this concept to the AFL states, I would open the season with it. We usually start our season a week earlier than the AFL. Imagine the coverage and promotion the game gets with fans flooding Melbourne, Adelaide or Perth CBDs for a weekend of RL. Big crowds in a big stadium starts the season with a bang.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If we are going to take this concept to the AFL states, I would open the season with it. We usually start our season a week earlier than the AFL. Imagine the coverage and promotion the game gets with fans flooding Melbourne, Adelaide or Perth CBDs for a weekend of RL. Big crowds in a big stadium starts the season with a bang.

Don’t think it would work. Not enough fans would travel for it imo. Better to have double headers which have proved to work very well.
DH in Perth, DH in Adelaide, Storm in Hobart, game in Darwin, DH in Wellington. Now that’d be an expansion magic round!

Diesel

Referee
It’s behind a paywall but there’s a story about Broncos fuming at Todd with a magic weekend promotion, anyone know what that is about?

Marlins

Juniors
If we started the comp a week earlier next year, The Vic Labour day (Public holiday Monday) would fall on the 9th.
Two games on each day, Fri,Sat,Sun, & Mon. Could work with Melbourne

Vee

First Grade
Except that it doesn't work in three places. I'm going to Brisbane to see 8 games. I wouldn't go to the southern state to see 2 or 3 games.

Vee

First Grade
It’s behind a paywall but there’s a story about Broncos fuming at Todd with a magic weekend promotion, anyone know what that is about?
Brisbane was the only team not at the launch today and got a serious eyeballing from green turd. They are sponsored by nrma and didn't want to plug launch sponsor youi.

Diesel

Referee
Brisbane was the only team not at the launch today and got a serious eyeballing from green turd. They are sponsored by nrma and didn't want to plug launch sponsor youi.
Fair call.

Maybe this is why the Vodafone Warriors won’t win the Telstra Premiership, Todd’s been eyeballing the refs

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I think it's arguable Brisbane can only support one team, but that aside, using the MCG for Magic Round would be ridiculous. I wouldn't even agree with Etihad tbh.

I was responding to a poster who was questioning why Sydney should have the Grand Final every year, not the Magic Round. I was being a little facetious as the Bronco's always have a cry when a second team is brought up that they can't share the city with another team.

Latest posts