What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We can win the Premiership......

Crush

Coach
No cough cough. With DeBelin I believe we have the best pack in the comp. I think Hunt and Norman would be the second best pair of halves in the comp, behind Easts. I have been critical of Lafai and Pereira, but they have both been playing very well this year. On form each could be in the top 6 centres or wingers in the comp this year. I obviously have a high opinion of Lomax and if he replaced Aitken, we would have a much stronger side. Dufty provides X factor. His lack of size is a concern, but I would take him over many other fullbacks in the comp. We have won our last 4 games on the trot, since Dufty has been reinstated.

I will also add that at full strength, we have a lot of depth in the forwards, with the likes of Lawrie, Host, Leilua, Sims and Latimore all vying for a spot on the bench.

I have Easts, us and Melbourne then then daylight 4th.

Who else besides Easts and Melbourne do you have above us?
Sharks
Souths
Canberra
Penrith
Broncos

j0nesy

Bench
No cough cough. With DeBelin I believe we have the best pack in the comp. I think Hunt and Norman would be the second best pair of halves in the comp, behind Easts. I have been critical of Lafai and Pereira, but they have both been playing very well this year. On form each could be in the top 6 centres or wingers in the comp this year. I obviously have a high opinion of Lomax and if he replaced Aitken, we would have a much stronger side. Dufty provides X factor. His lack of size is a concern, but I would take him over many other fullbacks in the comp. We have won our last 4 games on the trot, since Dufty has been reinstated.

I will also add that at full strength, we have a lot of depth in the forwards, with the likes of Lawrie, Host, Leilua, Sims and Latimore all vying for a spot on the bench.

I have Easts, us and Melbourne then then daylight 4th.

Who else besides Easts and Melbourne do you have above us?

I like your optimism. I agree our pack, halves and hooker are amongst the best in the competition, probably top 4. Our centres are top 8. Our fullback is mid table but still learning the game and as you say has an X Factor. Our wingers are well outside the top 8 and amongst the worst in the competition, Peirera is winning me around though. Our bench is reasonable and we have some depth but it’s taken an early hit with the loss of Widdop and Debelin. All in all I think our roster is close to top 4. Our coach is an issue though, he’s not in the top 8 coaches in the competition. So I expect us to finish 6th. Anything’s possible in the finals. Won’t stop me from having my little wagers today though :)

possm

Coach
I think they know it which is why by all accounts their club bosses have been the most vocal in having Jack banned. We need to fight fire with fire. Someone at arms length to the club gets in touch with John Elias and his "friends" and organizes payment in exchange that they organize a scenario where Mitchell and Munster can be credibly accused of criminal conduct. Doesn't matter if the charges won't stand up in court. just as long as they are banned from playing at the business end of the season.
You have very cleverly identified why a charge should not result in a stand down. What you describe is the fault in this idea as such things can be arranged when large sums of cash are involved with sport betting.

I suggest you send this post to De Belin's lawyers and if possible to the judge. At least send it to media groups who may take it up.

De Belin should be allowed to resume playing on this point alone. 'A charge can be arranged simply by registering a story of rape with the police. The player than charged and then as a result stood down by the NRL until the case is heard in 18 months time.

Last edited:

gitano

Juniors
You have very cleverly identified why a charge should not result in a stand down. What you describe is the fault in this idea as such things can be arranged when large sums of cash are involved with sport betting.

I suggest you send this post to De Belin's lawyers and if possible to the judge. At least send it to media groups who may take it up.

De Belin should be allowed to resume playing on this point alone. 'A charge can be arranged simply by registering a story of rape with the police. The player than charged and then as a result stood down by the NRL until the case is heard in 18 months time.
Yeah, there's no way any of the lawyers and administrators involved would have ever considered this

possm

Coach
Yeah, there's no way any of the lawyers and administrators involved would have ever considered this
It has not been mentioned before, in the media, in the new rules, by the DPP or the defence lawyers or by any poster on this forum, including you my friend. I believe this could be a game changer for De Belin.

gitano

Juniors
It has not been mentioned before, in the media, in the new rules, by the DPP or the defence lawyers or by any poster on this forum, including you my friend. I believe this could be a game changer for De Belin.
It's literally the first thing anyone thinks about when the no fault stand down policy is explained

The Damo

Juniors

For the seven hundredth time - charges don’t get laid just by ‘registering a story of rape’. Anyone who says so is ignorant or a liar.
363CB861-5049-4F5C-B518-2098A5BDF6FC.png

ST Tangles 01

Juniors
We're close but we lack a few things to be anything more than a nuisance to the better teams.
We lack that really smart player.
Our use of the bench although improved through necessity, the JDB stand down and injuries have forced the coaches hand.
The coach will get us to the finals but I don't think he has what it takes for that next step (I hope I'm wrong and would be happy if he succeeds).
We are almost there with a few minor tweaks we could be a big chance I just think we are going to let this premiership window pass us by.

possm

Coach
We're close but we lack a few things to be anything more than a nuisance to the better teams.
We lack that really smart player.
Our use of the bench although improved through necessity, the JDB stand down and injuries have forced the coaches hand.
The coach will get us to the finals but I don't think he has what it takes for that next step (I hope I'm wrong and would be happy if he succeeds).
We are almost there with a few minor tweaks we could be a big chance I just think we are going to let this premiership window pass us by.
The SGI Board is happy to let this window pass us by as demonstrated by their decision to extend Mary for another two years. More of the same I'm afraid.

hazzbeen

Bench
OK 8 games in , Question asked again , can we win the Premiership ? Its a no from me . But the signing of our coach for a further 2 years indicates the management think we will win it with the current coach .....

Glenn012

Juniors
OK 8 games in , Question asked again , can we win the Premiership ? Its a no from me . But the signing of our coach for a further 2 years indicates the management think we will win it with the current coach .....

It's a yes from me. We need our persecuted hero, JDB back and the forwards to be playing so well that even a guy as stupid as McGregor can't justify picking Latimore. We also need Dufty to put together complete performances. He doesn't need to be scoring runaway tries every week but as is, one week he is dropping bombs, the next week he is catching bombs but consistently out of position, the next week he is in position but missing tackles and so on.

No way would I be moving Norman from 5/8 but I hope Field plays so well, the idiot moves him to fullback when Norman comes back if Dufty doesn't start putting together complete performances.

Last week they screwed it up but I think Lomax and Ravalawa showed they have the ability to combine very well. Taking a pass that should have and would have normally been caught, not pushing a pass where they normally wouldn't and making a tackle they usually would and everyone would already be raving about how good this new combination is.

hazzbeen

Bench
It's a yes from me. We need our persecuted hero, JDB back and the forwards to be playing so well that even a guy as stupid as McGregor can't justify picking Latimore. We also need Dufty to put together complete performances. He doesn't need to be scoring runaway tries every week but as is, one week he is dropping bombs, the next week he is catching bombs but consistently out of position, the next week he is in position but missing tackles and so on.

No way would I be moving Norman from 5/8 but I hope Field plays so well, the idiot moves him to fullback when Norman comes back if Dufty doesn't start putting together complete performances.

Last week they screwed it up but I think Lomax and Ravalawa showed they have the ability to combine very well. Taking a pass that should have and would have normally been caught, not pushing a pass where they normally wouldn't and making a tackle they usually would and everyone would already be raving about how good this new combination is.
Glenn with all my , heart I hope you are right , and they can win the Premiership with Mary , but I can't see it . As a coach over the 5 years I have seen nothing that shows he is changing his ways of coaching and player management . Like I have said before the only thing that has changed for the coach is he has a better roster and we still are up and down . As you say injuries are not helping , but he should have been prepared for it by giving the young blokes more time in top grade . The only chances they have had is due to injuries , not due to players being dropped for not performing ..... Anyway Mate I hope you are right and I am wrong . Time will tell ...

This Year?

Immortal
5341410e1924ba11bfa6ecd056e05ba4.jpg

Latest posts