What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

• I want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • I don't want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 113 32.4%
  • I couldn't care less if he returns or not.

Votes: 176 50.4%

• Total voters

Tiger5150

Bench
Quite amazing to me that NRL has said he can’t come back and this decision will never be revisited! We have guys that have stomped on peoples heads, attacked women, caught consuming or selling drugs and we have been able to accept them back after their rehabilitation. He has done a stupid thing and it would be bad PR to allow him to join the game now but I can’t see how we can just dam him to hell with no chance of rehabilitation.

Because he is on the wrong side of 30 and therefore not as valuable and therefore an easy target for some pain-free virtue signalling?

Someguy

First Grade
It’s a funny world we live in ain’t it a man that describes homosexuality as
We were all wrong this episode isn’t about homophobia, it’s a racist attack. Obviously a black man can’t possibly be called out on his views without there being racial overtones.

Worth a try but can’t be true a Chinese guy the Dalai Lama called out homosexuality as a bad sex act unnatural and bad karma and he got a Nobel peace prize. Let’s face it media is pretty negative towards anything Chinese so if racism was a factor they would have been all over him.

Knight Vision

First Grade

Worth a try but can’t be true a Chinese guy the Dalai Lama called out homosexuality as a bad sex act unnatural and bad karma and he got a Nobel peace prize. Let’s face it media is pretty negative towards anything Chinese so if racism was a factor they would have been all over him.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/tibet/10682492/Dalai-Lama-supports-gay-marriage.html

Knight Vision

First Grade
Quite amazing to me that NRL has said he can’t come back and this decision will never be revisited! We have guys that have stomped on peoples heads, attacked women, caught consuming or selling drugs and we have been able to accept them back after their rehabilitation. He has done a stupid thing and it would be bad PR to allow him to join the game now but I can’t see how we can just dam him to hell with no chance of rehabilitation.

He's a bigot who hides behind the bible.

Last edited:

Knight Vision

First Grade

Tibet

Last edited:

Someguy

First Grade
He's a bigot who hides behind the bible.

Yes I agree but do we write him off and say he has no chance of reform. As you pointed out the Dalai Lama has reformed and now tentatively supports gay marriage so why can’t Israel?

It was not long ago that the majority of Australia was against Islamic head gear and burkas now the majority cheers as NZ prime minister wears the clothing to stand against religious oppression.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yes I agree but do we write him off and say he has no chance of reform. As you pointed out the Dalai Lama has reformed and now tentatively supports gay marriage so why can’t Israel?

It was not long ago that the majority of Australia was against Islamic head gear and burkas now the majority cheers as NZ prime minister wears the clothing to stand against religious oppression.
Folau appears to have changed faiths several times in the last decade so the chances of him changing his beliefs once more seem quite high.

carcharias

Immortal
Why is this even up for debate ?
His employer warned him not put that shit on social media.
The dumb arse did it again.

He is not the only person in a job that would get the sack for doing that.
School teachers
Politicians
People in media
There are loads.

He can say what ever he wants on social media.
He just shouldn’t expect to play footy for an organisation that doesn’t allow that.
I bet my balls his church wouldn’t let some pisshhead gay mad rooter lead sermons .

Shark62

Juniors
Folau appears to have changed faiths several times in the last decade so the chances of him changing his beliefs once more seem quite high.
His faith changes based on which one allows him to play the most football and make the most money. God is flexible like that.

Shark62

Juniors
Why is this even up for debate ?
His employer warned him not put that shit on social media.
The dumb arse did it again.

He is not the only person in a job that would get the sack for doing that.
School teachers
Politicians
People in media
There are loads.

He can say what ever he wants on social media.
He just shouldn’t expect to play footy for an organisation that doesn’t allow that.
I bet my balls his church wouldn’t let some pisshhead gay mad rooter lead sermons .
100% agree.

ram raid

Bench
I can't think of anything more pointless than getting involved in an argument with all the virtue-signalling wankers that jump on issues like this.

One thing I'm happy to complain about is where my tax money goes.

Consider it an economic issue.

The ARU is partially publicly funded. I'm not going to enjoy my tax dollars funding the thought police's agenda to monitor people's social media accounts.

"Rugby Australia is pleased to partner with Sport Australia to deliver this $200 million Australian Government initiative to get more children playing more sport."

https://www.sportingschools.gov.au/sports/rugby-australia

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I can't think of anything more pointless than getting involved in an argument with all the virtue-signalling wankers that jump on issues like this.

One thing I'm happy to complain about is where my tax money goes.

Consider it an economic issue.

The ARU is partially publicly funded. I'm not going to enjoy my tax dollars funding the thought police's agenda to monitor people's social media accounts.

"Rugby Australia is pleased to partner with Sport Australia to deliver this $200 million Australian Government initiative to get more children playing more sport."

https://www.sportingschools.gov.au/sports/rugby-australia
Who knew Hanson/Anning were on our forums?

T-Boon

Coach
Can this thread get moved to the Four Corners section. It is acting as a vacuum for what should be a good section of this site.

If it is not moved within 24 hours I will quit the NRL section and only participate in the Cave area.

Bazal

Post Whore

It's funny how all the snowflakes are the first to resort to stereotyping etc .. whatever.

images

Shark62

Juniors
Can this thread get moved to the Four Corners section. It is acting as a vacuum for what should be a good section of this site.

If it is not moved within 24 hours I will quit the NRL section and only participate in the Cave area.
Total brilliance T. Changed my mind about you. Well played again!

Pommy

Coach

Famously not Chinese and also not being payed millions of dollars to promote huge corporations.
You really need to remember people are not saying he can’t say what he has said, just that he can’t expect to do so and be paid a million dollars a year.

Pommy

Coach

So what’s the downside?

Latest posts