What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones VIII

Timbo

Staff member
Pretty sure GRRM said something like he'd burn all his notes rather than have someone else finish...

In defence of GRRM though, he is 70, not 90.
TWOW *should* be out sooner rather than later. It's approaching 8 years and has to come out eventually.
Even if the finale takes just as long it still puts him at around 80.

He may only be 70, but he also looks as though he’s only one Whopper away from a trip to the emergency room.

Even he’s acknowledged the very real possibility he’ll die first.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Pretty sure GRRM said something like he'd burn all his notes rather than have someone else finish...

In defence of GRRM though, he is 70, not 90.
TWOW *should* be out sooner rather than later. It's approaching 8 years and has to come out eventually.
Even if the finale takes just as long it still puts him at around 80.

He’s like the mad king and king Robert combined

greenBV4

Bench
So the next battle is going to be "huge" and will most likely be the siege/battle of Kings Landing

But what does that leave for the last episode? Will we maybe see a "where are they now" time jump at the end?

Vozzy

Juniors
The main thing I like about the show to me you can make the case of hero and villain for just about every character. Most of all Dany she had this huge army and dragons and came over the narrow sea to claim the throne but gets kinda forced with helping fight everyone else's battles in doing so losing everything she worked hard for and probably going mad. (this will make alot of people hate her)

Then take Tyrion. I may be wrong but I believe ever since he met dany he is just trying to screw her and do what's best for the Lannisters he will probably get executed for this when Bran knows what he and Cersei have been planning together all along. (yet the audience will still feel sorry for him because his character plays with your emotions that way.)

Then to top it off Jon Snow who is probably second to Ned Stark in honorable characters could have helped dany by not telling anyone considering he doesn't even want the throne. I can see him stabbing dany in the back when she tries to kill everyone in Kings landing mad Queen style but then be portrayed as the Queen slayer.

These are my predictions for bittersweet ending where everyone gets saved but with the feel of every character having that villain/hero judgement depending on how you look at it.

Springs09

Juniors
The biggest myth about Game of Thrones is that its characters aren't black and white, only 'various shades of grey'. Most of its characters are horrible people with very few redeeming qualities, while characters like Ramsay, Joffrey, Cersei and The Mountain are worse than any fantastical 'dark lord'. And that's without going into some of the tertiary villains who are little more than caricatures (I'm not sure how many of them made it to the show).
There are a few good morally ambiguous characters, such as Tyrion and Varys. Some people would say Daenerys but I'd say she is just stupid/insane. People love to bring up Jaime - who is a rapist and attempted child murderer. That is not a good person or even a 'grey' person. If you heard about someone like that in real life you'd wanted them locked up.

Tommy Smith

Referee
It's probably been mentioned but are the books awesome and worth a read?

I wouldn't mind delving deeper into the GoT world.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal

You are only allowed to read them if you mention everything that is missed or altered into the show to everyone within earshot

BennyV

Referee

Yes, they are worth the read. But I think they will be really difficult to get into after watching the show, because there’s a lot of inconsistencies and even spoilers in the show that may ruin the experience of reading the books.

Also, theres a chance that the consistent cries of ‘OMG DA BOOKZ R SOOOO MUCH BETTA’ from everyone who’s read them since the show came out MIGHT lift your expectations a bit too high. There’s a chance that the books aren’t as great as people make them out to be...

*ducks for cover*

mackdadday

Juniors
I will be waking up in about 10 hours..Istanbul time..and downloading this with a vast supply of milk and cookies..Brace yourself, m'lords..we are about to witness the doom of almost all that we know.

First to go i think Varys.

PJ

First Grade
Meh!

Lack of consistency is problem with this show.

Dragon was just way too powerful in this episode, and way above anything else seen from them

Springs09

Juniors
I will be waking up in about 10 hours..Istanbul time..and downloading this with a vast supply of milk and cookies..Brace yourself, m'lords..we are about to witness the doom of almost all that we know.

First to go i think Varys.

See this is the major problem - the drama and anticipation is nearly built entirely on who's gonna die next.

Swarzey

Bench
Welp, all the leaks that I read over the last year are mostly true and next week's finale is going to be a disappointing shit show. Incredible how D&D have f**ked this show up and it turns out, HBO would have given them anything they needed to do the show justice - more episodes, more seasons, bigger budget - but instead they were more interested in moving onto Star Wars.

bileduct

Coach
Just remember guys, the morons who brought you this shitshow are in charge for the next Star Wars trilogy.

And we thought Ruin Johnson and Jar Jar Abrams were bad.

saint.nick

Coach
Meh!

Lack of consistency is problem with this show.

Dragon was just way too powerful in this episode, and way above anything else seen from them
The dragon was not a problem in this episode. If anything, the tv show dragons are underpowered. Book dragons can't be killed by 'scorpions' unless it's a one in a million shot through the eye.

Dany and Drogon figured out the scorpion arrows and destroyed them. What on god else was going to stop Drogon after that? If drogon struggled with the arrows then people would've complained about that too.