What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs Eels

LINESPEED

Juniors
Indeed you are correct in that there were plenty saying Latimore deserved his spot and there are still a few that subscribe to that opinion.
There are stats being offered up as to how he compares in an effort to justify his position in the squad.
For me he is just a cumbersome, big plodding body that plays exactly the style of football coach wants.
Latimore's speed and agility are akin to coach's brainpower which is ponderous at best.

IMO there are still plenty of closet Waterboy supporters out there
- and they’ll tend to support his selections, whatever they are.

Conservative thinking accounts for 50% of our population & therefore 50% of our fanbase at large

And that’s all OK

It’s just that change is a difficult
phenomenon, and usually incremental & ‘ponderous’ for many.

It takes a mover & shaker to come into a club & clean it out & win a title (aka Bennett 2009).

We note with a degree of horror now that one of the first he shafted was Waterboy?

So Plod & Turnstile will be in the 17 in some capacity for the next 16 rounds.

It’s the penance we pay for Brian Johnston’s stupidity

Carlton

Juniors
We need someone to work twice as hard if they're only going to be on the field for 26 minutes. But I guess that's too hard for supercoach to figure out and impart on to his chargers

Sounds good but doesn't work that way. He isn't doing a terrible job, there are other areas that are more of a problem.

Carlton

Juniors
Yeh they're all bludgers

What sort of a nonsense statement is that?

The simple fact is as a low cost forward he is producing some stats on par with the average for our forward pack. Like it or not he is not the reason we have lost games, Dufty makes some huge blunders and excuses are made for him, Latimore does a reasonable job as a prop and is criticised.

As I have said, I would like an upgrade on Latimore but keep it in perspective.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
What sort of a nonsense statement is that?

The simple fact is as a low cost forward he is producing some stats on par with the average for our forward pack. Like it or not he is not the reason we have lost games, Dufty makes some huge blunders and excuses are made for him, Latimore does a reasonable job as a prop and is criticised.

As I have said, I would like an upgrade on Latimore but keep it in perspective.
What would you call last week's second half effort?

possm

Coach
I would call it 26 minutes, run for 51 meters from 5 runs, made 20 tackles missed 2 and had no penalties or errors. This didn't lose us the game.
Ave 10m per run, no line breaks, no off-loads and I imagin, no to very low post contact metres. I am absolutely sure that Timm and Kerr could do a better job.

Carlton

Juniors
Ave 10m per run, no line breaks, no off-loads and I imagin, no to very low post contact metres. I am absolutely sure that Timm and Kerr could do a better job.

Maybe they could Possm and I have said i would like to see them get a start. The fact is though Latimores stats are still better than some of our other forwards eg LL, Lawrie's total numbers are higher due to minutes played but his average numbers are lower.

Stats aren't everything but they do provide a bit of an insight into what is happening.

dragon thomo

Juniors
I would give Timms a run in front of Kerr and Latimore. You can never have enougth quality forwards. I think there is quite a few quality forwards and backs that are going to be on the market in the near future as there is some under performing teams that will be shedding players in the next month.
Some coaches are going to make drastic changes fairly soon if they cant turn there season around.

slippery5

Juniors
OT stats were not put up to justify his position, I stated I do not think he is playing as well this year as last but just because you call him a plodder doesn't change the fact his stats are still on par with at least half of the forwards.

And you are 100% right he plays the game the coach wants, he is not picking himself and he is also not the biggest problem in the team. Would I change him? Yes, I would be giving Kerr/Timm a go to see if they can handle it and I would be happy if we picked up Welch.
Timmsy would have been a great opportunity to play NRL debut in front of his family & friends, he would have played at 100 mph, unlike the V Dub man.

Latest posts