What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

west4ever

Juniors
Mole reporting Curtis Scott is on the market. Perfect Madge player hard as nails, a good defender and quick. He’s Mad as a cut snake big off-field risk even bigger than Lodge but he’s a great player at a position of need.
Mate that’s the type off players I’d like at the club

The unknown

Juniors
Bird won't last much longer at Brisbane

He signed to play under Bennett and he's very close to his dad so can imagine he'd wanna move back home

Can probably see him going back to his junior club (saints) but would take him in a heartbeat if available.

Bird won't last much longer at Brisbane

He signed to play under Bennett and he's very close to his dad so can imagine he'd wanna move back home

Can probably see him going back to his junior club (saints) but would take him in a heartbeat if available.

Saints are covered in the centres, and they have Dutfy/Norman/Hunt in the spine, he wouldn't be going back there for big coin.

The unknown

Juniors
Saints are covered in the centres, and they have Dutfy/Norman/Hunt in the spine, he wouldn't be going back there for big coin.

Always thought he'd go well in the forwards, depending on what happens with the JDB case I could see him going back there and playing lock or edge backrower

super_coach

First Grade
The trouble is every time a half decent player comes up for grabs there are six other clubs throwing Monopoly money around and offering life style incentives. It’s one thing to have a crack at a player, but the odds are slim we will land them.

That will change with success, but how do you get success without the quality cattle

Pezz70

Juniors
Left field idea. Approach the Broncos about Jack Bird...

1. Mbye
2. Jennings
3. Marsters
4. Bird
5. Thompson

Seriously? Mbye is a liability would not make NRL at any other club on performances dished up at the Tigers. Presently our best configuration would be 1Thompson
2Jennings
3Marsters ( who is going very ordinary)
4 Momo
5 Fonua

We really need to look at getting more size in our back three to help us get out of the 20, the lack of yards out of our red zone kills us.

We have really struggled with competitive and consistent outside backs for 10 years and in recent weeks our forwards have been getting bashed. Another long year for the tigers with 12th probably being the best they will finish and most likely go 14-16

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Matterson aside, our recruitment and retention has been diabolical for years.

Agree fully. Egan and co were supposed to be a huge improvement on McDonnell (McDonald?). I haven't seen anything in our recruitment since then to match the hype. Under performers and over priced. I agree Matterson the exception.

The unknown

Juniors
Seggy to Broncos

FFS. The dude was playing reserve grade up until this point running a coffee shop. Probably begging to play NRL again, I bet we didn't even have a talk with him.

Sigh....are we going to sign anyone ever that isn't reserve grade quality

super_coach

First Grade
Bottom line...you can only sign a player who is willing to put pen to paper on one of our contracts. Anyone who is above average who is looking for a new club is never short of offers. A realestate agent once told me..to sell a house at auction you only need two bidders but three is better...Well any player of note would have a minimum of 6 clubs having a nibble and we are probably one of the least desirable destinations.

Got get smart and either target the best of the best junior talent and hope you strike gold or do a Sticky and scout ESL. Buying burnt out players is definitely the wrong path to take

gordsy

Juniors
Jack Bird is totally the wrong type of player for us. Have we learnt nothing with Packer, Blair and plenty of others before that. We sign these blokes thinking that will be a silver bullet for us and they end up stinking up the joint like stepped in dog shit with their rotten attitude and performances. Simona is slimy merkin and I don't care if he is allowed back to the Nrl we should never touch him. It's not like we are awash with cash and can afford to burn sponsors. We need solid Corey Thompson like players as Ivan the traitor has f**ked our cap for the next few years and buying one great player right now won't get us to top four.

The unknown

Juniors
What's wrong with Jack Bird?

He is nothing like Packer or Blair, actually the complete opposite

The guy played with a dislocated elbow in the 16 GF Ffs, you can tell the quality of a player by how much effort they put into games consistently. Bird busts his ass off every game he plays in

Breaks tackles, has an x factor about him. Just been unlucky with injuries lately. I would say he's almost played himself into origin contention again this year

super_coach

First Grade

The guy played with a dislocated elbow in the 16 GF Ffs, you can tell the quality of a player by how much effort they put into games consistently. Bird busts his ass off every game he plays in

Breaks tackles, has an x factor about him. Just been unlucky with injuries lately. I would say he's almost played himself into origin contention again this year

Would run rings around Masters, Mullet man and Jennings

Tigerm

First Grade
I missed the game, but saw Ivan's presser, I think he will be looking to off load players, anyone there worth looking at?

gordsy

Juniors

If we get rid of Robbie, Benji and grubfor 2020 onwards then who are the senior players that stop him from becoming Jack Burgey again ?

Tigerm

First Grade
Jack Bird is totally the wrong type of player for us. Have we learnt nothing with Packer, Blair and plenty of others before that. We sign these blokes thinking that will be a silver bullet for us and they end up stinking up the joint like stepped in dog shit with their rotten attitude and performances. Simona is slimy merkin and I don't care if he is allowed back to the Nrl we should never touch him. It's not like we are awash with cash and can afford to burn sponsors. We need solid Corey Thompson like players as Ivan the traitor has f**ked our cap for the next few years and buying one great player right now won't get us to top four.
I don't think we are in any position to pick and choose, if Bird did come to us we would be paying overs, that's what comes with mediocrity over the many years, it is why some of our best left us to play finals football on a consistent basis.
TBH I don't know much about Bird, but he appears to be an upgrade on most of our players.
So until we earn our rep, I don't see many knocking on our door.

Tiger05

First Grade
Bird would be awesome for us. Fit and on the park he is exactly what we need. Unfortunately he seems to get injured a lot and that is a concern.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Heaps. They have one of the best rosters in the comp. Waqa Blake would be great for us. So would the other WZ.
NRL website says DWZ is on the nose at Penrith and the Eels have made enquiries. The article looks like players manager trying to drum up interest.

Maguire knows him from the Kiwi squad last year and I think he made him captain?

Last nights effort aside I reckon DWZ is a better fullback than Mbye. Very strong on kick returns

Latest posts