What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 - NRL Magic Round in Brisbane

Noise

Coach
The difference is that those guys aren't lunatics and have served their penance.

Manu, for eg because that's most comparable, was a young kid who got caught up in a gang, served time for his assault, and came out and now does plenty of work with the community. He has demonstrated remorse and regret for his actions. Basically, he's shown that he's a far better person than his actions might indicate.

Lodge has really only shown that he is a f**king lunatic and if we signed him I would find it very hard to support the side while he was in it.

Is he still a lunatic or is he off the drugs now? Has he done anything out of control since the thing in the US?

Noise

Coach
Anyway I actually came in here to say f**k I'm worried about the playing surface

It's already looking cut to shit. Blokes dropped like flies in the Manly Broncos game after two other matches, four leg injuries

We've got it after five other matches....

Agree. And the rain last night wouldn’t have helped.

Bazal

Post Whore
Is he still a lunatic or is he off the drugs now? Has he done anything out of control since the thing in the US?

I don't know his mental state.

But I do know that he showed zero remorse when he was interviewed by Yvonne I think it was. He also basically said he didn't need to see a counselor and hadn't done so despite that being something the NRL (I think) heavily urged him to do.

His crime also involved complete randos. Manu did the wrong thing, but in the minds of the people doing it, there was a reason.

The guy comes across as the kind of guy who would be lobbing bodies into the Nerang River for the Rebels if he wasn't a footy player. But I've said my piece on Lodge many times.

strider

Post Whore
I think he showed some remorse. Not like sobbing or anything but he recognised it was f**ked.

Thats not to say i like him or want him at parra .... i fear he probably still has lunatic in him

T-Boon

Coach
Does anyone know when our players got up there?
Can we say we have we done our bit to promote Magic Round?

These clubs flying the team up on game day and then home straight away can go f**k themselves. It is so typical of NRL Clubs. I hope those clubs go broke.
I assume we have been up there a few days and are meeting with fans up there being seen around the place, because we are a club that gets it....

T-Boon

Coach
Anyway I actually came in here to say f**k I'm worried about the playing surface

It's already looking cut to shit. Blokes dropped like flies in the Manly Broncos game after two other matches, four leg injuries

We've got it after five other matches....

We are the only team that plays after 3 preliminary "lower grade" matches as well. Could be bad.

Noise

Coach
Does anyone know when our players got up there?
Can we say we have we done our bit to promote Magic Round?

These clubs flying the team up on game day and then home straight away can go f**k themselves. It is so typical of NRL Clubs. I hope those clubs go broke.
I assume we have been up there a few days and are meeting with fans up there being seen around the place, because we are a club that gets it....

Pretty sure they only got up there yesterday

strider

Post Whore
Im sure they then went straight to the largest concentration of Indians and spread some magic :thumbsup:

SDM

First Grade
Lodge might be a maniac and I would prefer we didn’t sign him but i have to ask what your first thoughts are when you see Fergo. do you think there’s that prick that indecently assaulted a girl in a nightclub? Or Salmon and Terepo, do you think these are the guys who endangered lives by driving pissed and crashing their cars?
Or Mau, is your first thought hewas in a gang and bashed the shit out of some dude ?
We gave these guys second chances (and rightly so).
Did our signings of these guys effect good will in the community?

It’s not about me, it’s about the perception of these blokes. Lodge is still universally hated, the guys you mention are not for whatever reason. Media bias? Time passed? The feeling that Lodge never faced justice? Not sure, but I don’t think the guys you mentioned have effected goodwill at all.

SDM

First Grade
I would agree with you if there were any signs of him continuing on in such a terrible and destructive way, but there isn't any. From all reports he seems to have sorted his issues out and hasn't put a foot wrong since. He even has self control on the football field when other players try to bait him, as Taupau tried last night, which is something he never used to be able to control.

Remember, he was young, probably unchecked for bad behaviour while growing up, on drugs and out of control. Being arrested and then facing potential decades in the clink can have a sobering affect on most people, not to mention seeing yourself, when sober and in a more normal state, on video doing those frightening this to people. Unless he is a real psychopath, or hardened criminal, I think what he has done and gone through would sort out most people, especially if they have a better option to fall back on as he does, if he doesn't stuff it up again.

So what, you have no forgiveness in your heart?

It’s not about me or forgiveness. It’s about the fact that people still see a bad bloke, not a good bloke making the most of a second chance. The clubs image will suffer.