What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
At least SGI dodged a bullet when Cleary said “no” a few years ago. Penrith are 20-nil down to the Tigers after 12 minutes ONLY! To think, there were many here who wanted him to be at the club.

Phew,

Update: it’s now 24-nil after 20 minutes!

Bench
Poor penny panthers, in last position. I hope Cleary has a waterproof contract. I bet Gould is laughing all the way to the bank

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I think Bennett may have dodged a bullet too if Gus had prevailed in signing him. There is something wrong at Penrith that even Wayne and all the club's wealth and player depth could not fix.

Mera,
I think they are last because of Gus & Cleary being at the club. One of them had to go..... They've taken their medicine and will slowly build from here.

Bench
McIdiot has in the past and the next two and a half seasons destroyed our once proud team, no decent players would want to come here and play under McIdiot.
I have been a supporter of this club for 50 years and McIdiot in 5 of those years has destroyed our heritage
The whole Board and Coaching staff should be sacked.
I don’t care out much it would cost to terminate McIdiot, we can’t afford not to sack him.
I’m just gutted at the moment

RedVDragon

Juniors
McIdiot needs to go and so does his assistants. He is a joke and we are the laughing stock of the NRL. Why drop Lomax and bring in Aiken. 3 tries get scored whilst Aiken was on.

Get on your JetSki, drink yourself stupid and go coach at a level your capable of. Wollongong West. I am over it.

hazzbeen

Bench
McIdiot has in the past and the next two and a half seasons destroyed our once proud team, no decent players would want to come here and play under McIdiot.
I have been a supporter of this club for 50 years and McIdiot in 5 of those years has destroyed our heritage
The whole Board and Coaching staff should be sacked.
I don’t care out much it would cost to terminate McIdiot, we can’t afford not to sack him.
I’m just gutted at the moment
They win 2 games in a row and sign him for another 2 years ... They were always going to sign him regardless ..... The management always wait till we win a couple of games . The club is strong ( boys club ) nothing will change without outside influence .... Another 7 years wasted ....

getsmarty

Immortal
They win 2 games in a row and sign him for another 2 years ... They were always going to sign him regardless ..... The management always wait till we win a couple of games . The club is strong ( boys club ) nothing will change without outside influence .... Another 7 years wasted ....

100% correct...deal was done well before it was announced....

rednwhites

Juniors
I've always been hyper critical of McGregor circa 2016 when it was clear he didn't have the goods as a top line coach. Then there was that Broncos semi last year and, while still not a fan myself, was willing to hear out the sentiment that the players believed in Mary and respected him.

Now, without even giving the fans results, he was extended another two years.

What the board don't understand is that anyone who has been following this club with a passion knows that it takes a certain kind of coach to win a premiership. For me, it took Wayne Bennett to prove it. We've lived through the Brian Smith, David Waite and Nathan Brown eras to know even to be a great coach is not good enough. Farrar, Price and now McGregor years are purely wasted years.

You tell me the team of the last three weeks actually believes in the coach and his tactics. You tell me constantly picking one too few forwards and the wrong forwards isn't hurting us, you tell me choking game after game, season after season is just a coincidence. You tell me bringing Aitken on for our goal kicker and try scorer was nothing but a brilliant example of his stupidity. They can turn it back on next week or the week after and go on a winning spree but that's not how competitions are won. We are mentally weak under McGregor and the belief is clearly not there.

Last edited:

Latest posts