What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
Its a simple game and we continue to be lacking or extremely inconsistent in doing the simple things.

1. None of our middle forwards actually try to run through the line - what is it with Jnr the last few games where he is basically stopping at the defensive line and looking to offload 100% of the time. He needs to earn that right in each and every game by running hard and straight for the first 20 mins.

2. Apart from Lane, our forwards don't very often run good lines giving our playmakers and Reed no option for anything resembling and outside/inside pass. We would never score the kind of try that Bromwich scored of the Smith pass close to the line, simply because our forwards don't run like that.

3. I have no idea why we cannot compete in the ruck/wrestle. This has been a Parra thing for at least 10 years and something we do not seem to able to fix regardless of who is coach or players.

4. f**ken kick chase needs to be perfect all the time.

/RANT OVER
And ultimately who is at fault there?

emjaycee

Coach
And ultimately who is at fault there?
Who is at fault?

I don't think it is as simple as saying one person or role is at fault, despite the desire of some to point all the blame at the coach.

Who is responsible? That's easy - the players are (at least the ones who don't run through the line, don't run good lines, don't win the wrestle and don't kick chase).

Who is accountable? That's easy too - the coach is.

And at the end of the day Bernie Gurr and the Board are accountable as well. At least to the fans and their parent company.

Kornstar

Coach
Who is at fault?

I don't think it is as simple as saying one person or role is at fault, despite the desire of some to point all the blame at the coach.

Who is responsible? That's easy - the players are (at least the ones who don't run through the line, don't run good lines, don't win the wrestle and don't kick chase).

Who is accountable? That's easy too - the coach is.

And at the end of the day Bernie Gurr and the Board are accountable as well. At least to the fans and their parent company.

The criticism that should come into play towards the coach and whoever is on the retention committee is who you re-sign those same shit players because you have control over that aspect by not renewing contracts.

Further to that though, the coach employs the support staff or at least usually has a say so if they are unable to execute your plan for what to train and work on then you have to shoulder the blame.

There is no simple answer and i think there are many people to blame so all we can hope is that the board don't panic at any point in the next few months and make a very informed decision, one which none of us would be able to make as we don't know everything that happens within the club.

hindy111

Post Whore
Anyone else hear GUS ask if he is suffering from sticky hand syndrome. To much sticky stuff on the hand.....

Best line ever in a game....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
A lot of talk about our pack of merkins being soft since 2006. I ask the question, what’s the one constant missing since then?

Dare I ask, do we entice him back to the club in some capacity?
Mick Vella is a bit long in the tooth now mate.

84 Baby

Referee
Brett Kenny plays for the Sharks????

And wouldn’t 1989 be way before 2006 :thinking: so you’re saying it is Gallen?!?

Johnny88

Juniors
Gordon Tallis said he didn't like Smith that much but he respects him because he learned more from him than any other coach and would want his kids coached by him.

Latest posts