What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 10 vs Storm @ AAMI Park

Who will win? Round 10: Storm v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2019 - Round 10
Melbourne Storm v Wests Tigers
AAMI Park, Melbourne (TICKETS)
Thursday 16 May 2019

Gates 6:50pm / NRL 7:50pm

TL-MEL20.png

1. Ryan Papenhuyzen 2. Suliasi Vunivalu 3. Will Chambers 4. Marion Seve 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Cameron Munster 7. Brodie Croft 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenneath Bromwich 13. Dale Finucane
Interchange: 14. Brandon Smith 15. Christian Welch 16. Tui Kamikamica 17. Patrick Kaufusi 18. Billy Walters 19. Joe Stimson 20. Tino Faasuamaleaui 21. Sandor Earl

TL-WST19.png

1. Moses Mbye 2. Mahe Fonua 3. Robert Jennings 4. Esan Marsters 5. Corey Thompson 6. Benji Marshall 7. Luke Brooks 8. Ben Matulino 9. Robbie Farah 10. Alex Twal 11. Ryan Matterson 12. Chris McQueen 13. Matt Eisenhuth
Interchange: 14. Jacob Liddle 15. Thomas Mikaele 16. Josh Aloiai 17. Michael Chee-Kam 18. Paul Momirovski 19. Elijah Taylor 20. Oliver Clark 21. Luke Garner

xoKyYW1.png

Referees: Adam Gee, Gavin Badger
Sideline Officials: Chris Butler, Tim Roby
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Bryan Norrie

Feeder club info
Storm: Easts Tigers, Sunshine Coast Falcons (QRL: Intrust Super Cup, Hastings Deering Colts U20s), Victoria Thunderbolts (NSWRL: Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
Wests Tigers: Western Suburbs Magpies (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup), Wests Tigers (NSWRL: Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
Match information for all competitions via https://leagueunlimited.com/quick-links​​

Last edited by a moderator:

The unknown

Juniors
Melbourne are a lot better team than when we beat them last time.

Not expecting a win but hopefully can make a contest out of it unlike the Roostards & feels game.

If Papa is playing at the back should aim to bomb the shit out of him and welcome him properly to first grade

Curtis Scott I think has a broken leg but expect him to make a miraculous recovery

super_coach

First Grade
Melbourne will be smart and play a expansive game using their speed merchants. I expect a similar score line to the Rosters game. Our back three and centres will get tested all night

west4ever

Juniors
Storm are ay structural team, tigers play well against structural teams, if storm play what they see in front of them like raiders, eels ect, tigers are in trouble, I think storm coach would want a simple game against tigers, with saying that we will have a chance to win the game, but I will be betting with my head not my heart and back storm 1 to 12.

The unknown

Juniors
Storm are ay structural team, tigers play well against structural teams, if storm play what they see in front of them like raiders, eels ect, tigers are in trouble, I think storm coach would want a simple game against tigers, with saying that we will have a chance to win the game, but I will be betting with my head not my heart and back storm 1 to 12.

Good point about Melbourne being a structure team, they will kick early, force pressure in defense and in attack will try to punch holes and capitalise with their speedy backline.

They don't have much unpredictability about them but they're just so God damn good and consistent at what they do

If you want to beat Melbourne you basically have to be prepared go get into a scrap and fight for every 1%er

Vic Mackey

Referee
Youd think we'd have the same team with Aloiai coming in for Clark

I wouldnt read much into the Storms win last week. Parra fall apart better then anyone when things arent going their way. We've generally had pretty good success against Melbourne and I expect us to give them a game on Saturday.

Hughes and Scott are decent outs for them, I know Pap tore up the Eels but anyone would have in those circumstances. Benji will have the torpes coming for him and hopefully we rough him up abit.

Overall they should be too strong but I doubt it will be a blow out.

I think we'll go close. Melbourne will still get us, but by about 8-10 points, they seem to struggle to put us away at times.

super_coach

First Grade
We desperately need to jag a win against a heavy weight to gets some credibility. At present we are winning most of the games we should win and getting dusted against the better teams.
A win against the Storm or the Rabbits would do wonders for the team. Although I think there is a massive gap between the top three and the rest, although I think the Sharks at full strength could test any team

Vic Mackey

Referee
We desperately need to jag a win against a heavy weight to gets some credibility. At present we are winning most of the games we should win and getting dusted against the better teams.
A win against the Storm or the Rabbits would do wonders for the team. Although I think there is a massive gap between the top three and the rest, although I think the Sharks at full strength could test any team

The next 8 weeks are massive. 6 games against top 4 sides, the other 2 are Cowboys away and Eels at BankWest

TBH I can’t see us wining the next 2, however a couple after that are fairly winnable. Raiders have Leulia, Bateman and now likely Rapana our long term. Our game in 3 rounds is 2 days after Origin 1 where Wighton, Croker and Cotric are all good chances of playing.

Then we get Souths 4 days after Origin 2. When at Saints and Brisbane Bennett would usually rest players after Origins, so no Cook or Reynolds could be a real possibility. Then we get Easts missing upto 7 starters a week later

D221C825-88B3-4EDD-BB1D-5FAD78E674EC.jpeg

95FDC8B8-7E05-42BB-AF05-DD4DB3593AC7.jpeg

Das Hassler

Bench
We have the players to play a spoiling game and they're all winnable if we're in charge of the music from the opening whistle...our spine has to go out there with an attacking arrogance every week...they're good enough to get it done .. .it has to be no fear of anyone !

Tiger05

First Grade
We have the players to play a spoiling game and they're all winnable if we're in charge of the music from the opening whistle...our spine has to go out there with an attacking arrogance every week...they're good enough to get it done .. .it has to be no fear of anyone !

Our spine are potentially really good aren't they. They just need to really have a go. It's not about playing low percentage football though. It's about trying to bust the line and having confidence in their abilities.

macnaz

Staff member
Well if you read the press...the panfers were a disgrace and played terribly and the Weststigers just showed up for the win.. I know the Storm wouldn't be thinking that way because WE blew Penrith of the park with everything we did in that 1st 20 minutes and if we play that way against any side in the comp including the Melbourne we are going to be every chance of winning.

super_coach

First Grade

The goods sides have very little problem exposing our weaknesses. Against the Chooks we had a real dig and got toweled partly because of their class players and partly because our lack of class players

Das Hassler

Bench
The goods sides have very little problem exposing our weaknesses. Against the Chooks we had a real dig and got toweled partly because of their class players and partly because our lack of class players

We did but we just rolled out the red carpet for them...our stats ..completions were good...even the commentators said we didnt play badly, but trying to compete with them with a standard error free game was just a blank canvas for the chooks.

The unknown

Juniors
Well if you read the press...the panfers were a disgrace and played terribly and the Weststigers just showed up for the win.. I know the Storm wouldn't be thinking that way because WE blew Penrith of the park with everything we did in that 1st 20 minutes and if we play that way against any side in the comp including the Melbourne we are going to be every chance of winning.

Difference is Melbourne won't get their numbers wrong on short sides like Penrith did. Desdset that defense was U10s stuff