What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW 2019

Bunnylife

Juniors
1. Tedesco
2. Addo-Carr
3. Mitchell
4. Morris
5. Ferguson
6. Keary
7. Reynolds
8. Vaughan
9. Cook
10. Klemmer
11. Frizell
12. Cordner
13. Murray

14. J Trbojevic
15. Campbell-Gillard
16. Matterson
17. Walker

18. Crichton
19. Wighton
20. Jackson/Radley
21. Johnston (Gutherson's game against Melbourne put me right off).

Last edited:

Jason Maher

Immortal
1. Tedesco
2. Addo-Carr
3. Mitchell
4. Morris
5. Ferguson
6. Keary
7. Reynolds
8. Vaughan
9. Cook
10. Klemmer
11. Frizell
12. Cordner
13. Murray

14. J Trbojevic
15. Campbell-Gillard
16. Matterson
17. Walker

18. Crichton
19. Wighton
20. Jackson/Radley
21. Johnston (Gutherson's game against Melbourne put me right off).

Both Morris brothers are retired from rep football. You do not pick Johnston on the bench. He's either on the wing or not in the team. If you want an impact player off the bench, I would imagine a souffs fan would be aware of your 5/8?

Revising my team because I forgot a few players/was unaware a few players were eligible.

1. James Tedesco
2. Josh Addo-Carr
3. Latrell Mitchell
4. Tom Trbojevic/Jesse Ramien
5. Nick Cotric
6. Luke Keary
7. Nathan Cleary
13. Jake Trbojevic
12. Boyd Cordner (c)
11. Tyson Frizell
10. David Klemmer
9. Damien Cook
8. Paul Vaughan

14. Cody Walker
15. Victor Radley
16. Jordan McLean
17. Payne Haas

We don't need 2 or 3 back rowers on the bench. Turbo, Cordner, and Friz are all 80 minute players. A full 4 prop rotation makes more sense. Victor Radley is in great form and offers utility value as well as back row cover. Walker is absolutely killing it and offers impact off the bench as well as backline cover, and in his current form is a marked improvement over others we've tried in this role recently (Peachey, Bird, Dylan Walker). So long as he isn't held back until the 73rd minute.

Mug Costanza

Juniors
Radley is literally the NSW Napa.

Shocking that the obsessed media haven’t had the balls to call out major 2nd year syndrome. Same thing as 95% of fans who just think big hits = good footballer.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Turbo wont be back in time so forget him. Ramien is too green and not playing that well. Peachey has been diabolocal of late but hes an incumbent.

Simple jack will either be centre or utility. Hate to say he is doing well as hes a merkin.

aqua_duck

Coach
Turbo wont be back in time so forget him. Ramien is too green and not playing that well. Peachey has been diabolocal of late but hes an incumbent.

Simple jack will either be centre or utility. Hate to say he is doing well as hes a merkin.
Jack?

aqua_duck

Coach
Thought McLean was a Queenslander for some reason. I hate Lodge more than any Queenslander. Did not know Haas and TPJ were ours.
McLean has played city country and was penciled into a lot of people's teams last year but got injured, TPJ and Haas are both originally from Newcastle (which is abit or a sore point for us Knights fans).

myrrh ken

First Grade
zpfv7av6b9y21.jpg

"Rumoured team"

Not bad - although not sold on balance of the bench or Haas.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Pick James, never has a man been more motivated.

I love a good noodle soup, but give Jimmy a go, he will kill it.

Springs09

Juniors
zpfv7av6b9y21.jpg

"Rumoured team"

Not bad - although not sold on balance of the bench or Haas.

Isn't that just Channel 9's team they came up with?

Don't see what Wighton brings to the team over Walker. Ramien and Haas don't deserve to be there yet.

Below is the NSW Players from 2018, and my amended for 2019 as of today if a team had to be picked. Yes I realise it's still weeks away and a lot can happen etc etc, but had a spare hour on my hands.

• Shows starters for Game #1 last year / Game #2 / Game #3 where applicable.
  • Interchanges - no order and Vaughan not shown to avoid duplication.
  • Doesn't include "shadow" players.
  • Players/Positions in Bold incumbents > replacements . Trbjoevic injury and De Belin Suspension, others I'd replace
  • Rest as is.

1. James Tedesco
2. Josh Addo-Carr
3. James Roberts > BJ Leilua
4. Latrell Mitchell
5. Tom Trbojevic > Blake Ferguson
6. James Maloney > Luke Keary
7. Nathan Cleary > Adam Reynolds
8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard #1 / Matt Prior #2
/ > Paul Vaughan #3
9. Damien Cook
10. David Klemmer
11. Boyd Cordner (capt)
12. Tyson Frizell
13. Jack de Belin > Josh Jackson

Interchanges:
14. Jake Trbojevic
15. Angus Crichton > Matt Lodge
16. Tyrone Peachey > Jack Bird

17. Tariq Sims

Of the above, assume some would raise eyebrows.. especially Matt Lodge.

Reasoning for changes - for what it's worth..

Roberts > Leilua. Not due to his recent off field concerns. Form is ok at best even accounting for the form of his whole team being average. Was ok last year. I hope he does pick up his form as I like him as a player. Leilua has been very good, and pleasingly seems to have a lot of the rubbish out of his game.

Trbojevic > Ferguson. TT injury. Ferguson very strong performances. May have cards marked though by Fittler.

Maloney > Keary. Keary is light years ahead on form. Penrith backline has only scored one try all season - in the last minute against the Tigers. Says enough.

Cleary > Reynolds. Similar to Maloney - Panthers Backline horribly out of form, one try all year and cleary has been very average at best. Reynolds has been good from what I've seen (although I missed the manly game), and can kick goals. And has played with Keary @ Souths, winning a comp at that.

RCG & Prior > Vaughan. Vaughan outstanding. Dunno who stole the diesel out of Campbell-Gillards' engine but he's not the guy he was early last year (maybe the jaw..). Prior is steady but best at NRL level.

De Belin > Josh Jackson. Like for Like replacement for mine, although Jackson could play the full 80.

Crichton > Lodge. With Jake T, Jackson, Frizell, Cordner, Sims all in - I think Crichton would be somehwat surplus. Replacing him with a mountain. This one would probably make most people go "You farkin' kidding!!!" - but I reckon Lodge was great all last year once he played a few games. Always gets jeered and carries on regardless - Lang Park wouldn't phase him. Rotating Klemmer Vaughan and Lodge would hopefully suck the life out of the Queensland Middle, then Cook can go to town. Definitely a long shot and I don't think NSW will go this way - but I would. If he did get picked it would cause a huge stir though.. I'm not focussed on the sins of his past, those are being dealt with and so far he has lived up to the high expectations of him by the NRL to return and stay in the league.

Peachey > Bird. I love Tyrone Peachey but he remained wasted last year - was only ever gonna come on for significant time if a back got injured. When he did come on, he was limited. Possible replacement for Roberts but I'd take Leilua. Jack Bird is only back this year but he's the ideal utility who could play backs or forwards when needed.

Righto that's an hour passed...

Updated from a team I coughed up a while ago. Whether they've retired from rep footy or not... I'd want this right now.

1. James Tedesco
2. Josh Addo-Carr
3. Michael Jennings
4. Latrell Mitchell
5. Blake Ferguson
6. Cody Walker
7. Luke Keary
8. Paul Vaughan
9. Damien Cook
10. David Klemmer
11. Boyd Cordner (capt)
12. Tyson Frizell
13. Josh Jackson

Interchanges:
14. Jake Trbojevic
15. Jordan McLean
16. Victor Radley
17. Mitch Aubusson

King hit

Coach
I should throw Croker's name out there - the forgotten man.

I reckon he's the bloke to do it. Would have to swap sides but at least hes a centre.

Wighton might be out if there is a "good bloke" policy

Why are so many people obsessed with the idea of Croker playing for NSW. I see him as those sorts of players who are good players for their clubs but would be shown up big time above that.