What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Injuries

Tom155

Coach

Injured players and expected return dates:
Pasami Saulo (Finger - Round 4-5)

Daniel Saifiti (Leg and foot - Round 4-5)

Nathan Ross (Finger - Indefinite)

Jacob Saifiti (Leg - Early Rounds)

Slade Griffin (ACL - Indefinite)

Brayden Musgrove (ACL – Early Rounds)

Speculation the latest injury might be career ending for Ross.
"He had already been sidelined for up to five weeks with a compound finger dislocation and would not have featured in the round one team for the Sharks anyway, even if he had been fully fit and not re-torn his groin at training a few weeks back.

But word is his latest setback will require further surgery and there has been suggestions he may even be considering retirement."
https://www.theherald.com.au/story/...tooheys-news-is-this-the-end-for-the-rossdog/

NK Arsenal

Juniors
I’m a bit concerned about our middle forward depth

Josh King is the next cab off the ranks if another one goes down.

Hopefully no injuries in the next three weeks so he doesn’t see any first grade

mozza91

Coach
I’m a bit concerned about our middle forward depth

Josh King is the next cab off the ranks if another one goes down.

Hopefully no injuries in the next three weeks so he doesn’t see any first grade
King should be more effective playing less minutes coming off the back of Klemmer and Gavet.

Hopefully it won’t happen though. Ese is straight in this week and both twins will be fit in a couple of weeks.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Speculation the latest injury might be career ending for Ross.
"He had already been sidelined for up to five weeks with a compound finger dislocation and would not have featured in the round one team for the Sharks anyway, even if he had been fully fit and not re-torn his groin at training a few weeks back.

But word is his latest setback will require further surgery and there has been suggestions he may even be considering retirement."
https://www.theherald.com.au/story/...tooheys-news-is-this-the-end-for-the-rossdog/
retirement can only be a good thing for our cap.

Old dog

Juniors
Know you can’t help injuries on the field and some people injure easier than others but I suspect, especially Jacob, that preparation both physical and mental could be part of it. If they want to be paid top dollar over the next 5-10 years they have to focus on the game. I don’t think we have seen the best of them yet, I hope we do.

Moga stood down for two weeks and likely to be fined. I've seen talk in the order of $85,000 but I'd expect that to be partly suspended.
"
"In consultation with the National Rugby League, the Newcastle Knights have made the decision to stand down Tautau Moga for two matches," the statement read.

"This suspension will come into play as of this weekend which means the centre will miss Saturday's Canterbury Cup NSW match.

"He will now face the Club's disciplinary committee at a date to be determined."

The suspension will come into place this weekend and will rule Moga out of playing the Knights' Canterbuy Cup clash with the Panthers.

It's understood that the 25-year-old will front the Newcastle disciplinary board in the next fortnight and is expected to be fined."
https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...lty-common-assault/1q9g6qoa6e5po12t5d8e5uabrv

Yosh

Coach
What did he do?

I don't want to be that guy but have we found a perfectly legit reason to drop the guy? Free up some cap space for a newer signing with less injury risk? Or just add on to Ponga's deal?

Old dog

Juniors
What did he do?

I don't want to be that guy but have we found a perfectly legit reason to drop the guy? Free up some cap space for a newer signing with less injury risk? Or just add on to Ponga's deal?
Altercation with taxi driver while out drinking, pleaded guilty in court

NK Arsenal

Juniors
What happened to Watson’s knee/leg last night? Seemed to be getting plenty of treatment and didn’t seem to be running 100%

Moga available to play (including suspensions here)
"
Tautau Moga fronted the Club’s disciplinary committee on Monday.

As a result of that meeting, Moga has been fined $60,000 with $30,000 suspended, subject to good behaviour.

Moga has already served a two-game suspension.

Moga has shown genuine remorse for his actions and will be very active in the Club’s community programs."
https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2019/04/01/tautau-moga-disciplinary-statement/

Willie Ray

Bench
Hey guys,does anyone have any knowledge of how Aiden Guerra is travelling after that shocking injury?

Pedge1971

First Grade
https://www.theherald.com.au/story/...prepares-to-hook-back-in-for-knights/?cs=2503

A bit surprised this wasn't posted in this thread earlier....regardless of what happens between him and Levi when/if he's back playing, I'm really pleased to hear Slade's progress - he epitomises the sort of commitment and effort you want from any player. That injury would have seen 99.9% hang up their boots for good

That is great news. Proper rebuttal to any wanker who says these guys are overpaid for what they do.

Latest posts