What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gutho or Parra

Who's right

• Gutho

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Parra

Votes: 32 72.7%

• Total voters

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Who do you side with?

Parra believing he is only worth 650k over 3 years

Or Clint believing he is worth 700k over 4 years

Perth Red

Post Whore
parra, they’ve learnt paying players overs hurts in the long run. He’s done nothing yet to earn top $

firechild

First Grade
Have to agree with this.
I hope they take another $50k off for having Creepy Crawly crying on NRL360 about how unfair it’s all been.
I hope so. Then he'll definitely head back to Manly to replace Walker or Elgey.

ReddFelon

Juniors
Hope the Westies let him go and we sign him for something like $600,000. Chuck him in at 5/8th.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
To me the issue here is more that if Parra hadn't low balled him with a stupid offer to begin with they probably get him for 650k.

I can't think of 5 fullbacks in the comp better than him so 650k to 700k seems about right.

Half the administrators in this code aren't fit to run a chook raffle....

Bazal

Post Whore
For once we're digging our heels in and not paying overs and I like that...He's worth what we're offering and not much more, and the way he has allowed his manager to play it out in the media the way he has is pretty unbecoming of the club captain.

I hope we keep him, but he's come out looking a bit of a prat.

To me the issue here is more that if Parra hadn't low balled him with a stupid offer to begin with they probably get him for 650k.

What low-ball? The one Ayoub's media mates Kent and Crawls invented?

We made him an offer of around 450-500k in the off season, after he missed half a wooden spoon season with his second ACL injury and played like a busted. It was a fair offer based on what he's offered us, and it was also fair when he said he'd rather get into the season and prove he was worth more.

When he demonstrated that he still had 2017 level footy in him, we immediately put a 600k offer in front of him. That's when Ayoub kicked off the media circus.

It's worth noting he has been on the market since November and is yet to receive any other credible offers

Vic Mackey

Referee
I doubt Gutherson has anything to do with the long drawn out process but sometimes a player has to make a stand. He’s a good player and seems a likable figure by fans of all teams. What’s occurring now is damaging his personal brand. I get that these guys have a limited time frame to make a dollar and no one begrudges them doing that. However at what cost?

Aaron Woods is a prime example. Between 2014-2016 he was a first choice starting prop in every rep side. Most thought he was a tad over rated but he came across as a bit of a clown, character and most League fans seemed to like him. He then handled the negotiations of his next contract extremely poorly and played it out in the media on advice from his agent. Sure he got the fat new contract he wanted. However in the next 12 months he lost his rep jerseys, got cut from his new club, became a perennial club bench player and is now thought of as a bit of a joke by the whole league community. If he had of sacrificed a bit of cash and stayed at his home team he would be considered a club legend.

From the fans point of view the changing of the club isn’t really the issue, it’s how it’s done. What Tigers fans hate Josh Addo-Carr? None.

Gutherson needs to decide what’s important to him, is it an extra $50k a year? (Keep in mind after tax, agents fees etc it’s going to be more like $18k) Or is it staying at the club that’s stuck by him, made him captain and can help him forge his own legacy there.

He is an average player for most of the year and above average for the odd game or two. Parra are doing well to stick to their guns. There's a number of Origin players running around on contracts around that $700k mark and Gutherson is nowhere near Origin level at this point in time.

VirgilTracy

Juniors
Gutherson looks pretty good to me, but he's clearly some way off being the very best.

I agree that players need to learn when to pull their necks in around this stuff. Didn't Dylan Brown start banging on about how much he was worth after his debut?

Bazal

Post Whore
Rumours swirling that we will announce him on a TWO YEAR deal this afternoon, same length as BA.

Which is weird on his end if true...he should sack Ayoub. Even if we upped the amount it's a hell of a lot better to be on 650k for 3 than 750k for two....

CliffyIsGod

First Grade

I can't think of 5 fullbacks in the comp better than him so 650k to 700k seems about right.

Half the administrators in this code aren't fit to run a chook raffle....
This is exactly it. They were offering something like 450k late last year.