What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Leagues Club board sacked, administrator appointed

Gazzamatta

Coach
I reckon after the petition vote in 2 weeks time (assuming it doesn't get passed) that ILGA will step in and enforce the changes Max wants anyway.
Yeah mate I was there. Best part of the night was the free coffee. Could have cut and paste from previous meetings. 274 attendees just dosent cut it.
In my next life I plan to have my wedding reception in the Cumberland Lounge preferably on game day.
Maybe catch up next time buddy.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yep... I shared a post from TCT about it on 2 local FB pages with a combined memberships of about 7,000 people. Sux that we continue to get such low numbers.
I thought having the meeting at the new stadium last night might be the driver for greater numbers. It was a wonderful opportunity for those that have not been there to be invited into the inner sanctum of our magnificent stadium.
Maybe beer and nibbles might work next time. Very disappointing.

Gronk

Staff member
Yep... I shared a post from TCT about it on 2 local FB pages with a combined memberships of about 7,000 people. Sux that we continue to get such low numbers.
In the interview with Hadley earlier in the week, Max said there were 25,000 eligible voters. Surely something can be done to improve a 1.2% voter turnout. Why can’t they hold a vote on gameday ?

In the interview with Hadley earlier in the week, Max said there were 25,000 eligible voters. Surely something can be done to improve a 1.2% voter turnout. Why can’t they hold a vote on gameday ?
Because there are people who want to argue the agenda and would insist that not all voters have heard their argument. (I know its the same for both sides) I'll be there in 2 weeks to vote the merkins down. It takes more than 1 battle to win a war

emjaycee

Coach
The thing that pisses me off the most is that I advised Max in a one-on-one meeting in mid-2017 that this would happen and even gave him some suggestions to take the lack of voting numbers out of play. He was too new to the machinations that is Parra Eels politics to believe me and to heed my advice and wow - look at us now. 2 years down the track and no f**ken progress.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Best part of the night was some random boring dude who totally fancied himself, started quoting "his legal advise" that what Max was doing was illegal. Max waited for him to finish then blew the guy away with a sneer and a "youve been threatening and carrying on about this for six months, if you think you have a case then BRING IT ON".
No response was the stern reply.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
You could tell what the result of the meeting was going to be straight after the ballot boxes were put out/carried around. At least 25% of the attendees left as soon as they handed in their votes. As one lady said to another lady there tonight after they voted "we've earned our money for the night".

I left straight away as the idiots that stand up because they love the sound of their own voice don't deserve my time. tbh I'm not sure why they allow people to stand up and "debate" the topic, everyone knew exactly what they were going to vote before they entered that evening and whatever anyone said it wasn't going to change that. I voted for the reforms.

Eelogical

Referee
Mr E was at it again tonight too. Full of dribble.
R-1260866-1204504545.jpeg.jpg

Kornstar

Coach
I can't really criticise anyone, i let my membership lapse years ago and never get around to renewing.

I would vote the reforms but i can't complain about the people who don't show up because i effectively haven't shown up with my lack of membership.........