What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger05

First Grade
NRL website says DWZ is on the nose at Penrith and the Eels have made enquiries. The article looks like players manager trying to drum up interest.

Maguire knows him from the Kiwi squad last year and I think he made him captain?

Last nights effort aside I reckon DWZ is a better fullback than Mbye. Very strong on kick returns

You could play him at fullback and Mbye at 6.

Tiger05

First Grade
Mbye is not great in the halves.

Lots of people are saying he isn't great at fullback. I reckon he just needs to work on his game and he could play basically all the spine positions well excluding if the expectation is that he is an organising half.

Vozzy

Juniors
Honestly think Mbye should be used as a mister fix it. To me he is an all-rounder without being the best in any position. He is a bit like Peachy where you have him on the field hanging around the forwards/ruck for offloads. The Storm use Papenhouzen(however you spell it) late in halves literally for this tactic and still keep Jerome Hughes at fullback. It's a great tactic now with teams getting tired in the last 20. Mbye is the perfect utility player. Aubusson unselfishly does this role well without complaining whether it's centre/backrow or 5/8.

Pezz70

Juniors
Honestly think Mbye should be used as a mister fix it. To me he is an all-rounder without being the best in any position. He is a bit like Peachy where you have him on the field hanging around the forwards/ruck for offloads. The Storm use Papenhouzen(however you spell it) late in halves literally for this tactic and still keep Jerome Hughes at fullback. It's a great tactic now with teams getting tired in the last 20. Mbye is the perfect utility player. Aubusson unselfishly does this role well without complaining whether it's centre/backrow or 5/8.
I don’t get this support for Mbye in the front line, did no body see him in the halves for the bulldogs!!!! He was absolute dogshite!! He is a fringe NRL player at best, we should be trying to offload him even if we have to pay. He’d be awesome at the Gold Coast.

BrotherJim05

Bench
James Roberts

We should make a play for James Roberts

I don't care about anything anyone says about anything to do with him, we should just do it...shake things up a bit

Shredder

Juniors
Every player is risky. Im worried about where his head is at.

If he meets Madge and Madge can sell him on the systems, I think $300k is on the cheaper side for him.

Tiger05

First Grade
Every player is risky. Im worried about where his head is at.

If he meets Madge and Madge can sell him on the systems, I think $300k is on the cheaper side for him.

You would have to get him at a discount. I personally wouldn't bother. In form he is exactly what we need but players who are knobs can ruin a club.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I don't know who you'd play outside him. Our current wingers would struggle to keep up with him if he makes a break...Thompson perhaps.