What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gutho or Parra

Who's right

• Gutho

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Parra

Votes: 32 72.7%

• Total voters

Bazal

Post Whore
This is exactly it. They were offering something like 450k late last year.

We sure did.

The funny thing is the number of people who have swallowed Ayoub's low-ball rubbish hook line and sinker, when it reality his client was poor in 2018 off the back of his second serious knee injury in a relatively short amount of time. He was only worth 450k until he demonstrated he had recovered appropriately.

Western_Eel

Juniors
Hes dragged it out and made it so public that i dont even want him at the club anymore. hope he gets injured this week and ends up somewhere like the titans on a shit deal

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
We sure did.

The funny thing is the number of people who have swallowed Ayoub's low-ball rubbish hook line and sinker, when it reality his client was poor in 2018 off the back of his second serious knee injury in a relatively short amount of time. He was only worth 450k until he demonstrated he had recovered appropriately.
Glad I don't play for the Eels then. Knee re-con and you're low-balled.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Rumours swirling that we will announce him on a TWO YEAR deal this afternoon, same length as BA.

Which is weird on his end if true...he should sack Ayoub. Even if we upped the amount it's a hell of a lot better to be on 650k for 3 than 750k for two....

Depends how much better he gets over those 2 years. Its an incentive for him to improve.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
yeah i'm talking about the 400k-450k offer.

To me that's an insulting offer for a guy prior to the knee injury was a close to a top 5 fullback and has shown since his return that he's definitely a top 5 fullback. its not like recovery from major knee injuries are some unknown quantity. form all reports the guy is a pro as well so its not like he's out eating cheeseburgers with MILF and GI while he's recovering.

Just my opinion but if you offer him 650k out of the gate you get him for that which is probably under market.

Delboy

First Grade
yeah i'm talking about the 400k-450k offer.

To me that's an insulting offer for a guy prior to the knee injury was a close to a top 5 fullback and has shown since his return that he's definitely a top 5 fullback. its not like recovery from major knee injuries are some unknown quantity. form all reports the guy is a pro as well so its not like he's out eating cheeseburgers with MILF and GI while he's recovering.

Just my opinion but if you offer him 650k out of the gate you get him for that which is probably under market.
As a Parra fan , the top 4 are Tedesco, Ponga, RTS and Turbo, unfortunately Gutho is not in the same postcode, and personally think he may be behind Hughes . Whoever is advising him needs a kick up the rear, all the goodwill that was built with the fan base is being quickly eroded. He is not the King he once was.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
As a Parra fan , the top 4 are Tedesco, Ponga, RTS and Turbo, unfortunately Gutho is not in the same postcode, and personally think he may be behind Hughes . Whoever is advising him needs a kick up the rear, all the goodwill that was built with the fan base is being quickly eroded. He is not the King he once was.

Agree he's not in the same postcode but those guys are all worth 850k- 900k plus. To me he's clearly the next best out there and 650k for a player of his caliber in a key position is a good deal. Just think the Eels missed a trick by not offering something better to begin with.

T-Boon

Coach
Agree he's not in the same postcode but those guys are all worth 850k- 900k plus. To me he's clearly the next best out there and 650k for a player of his caliber in a key position is a good deal. Just think the Eels missed a trick by not offering something better to begin with.

I think there are a few others out there better like Moylan, Hughes and a bunch that are much better value like Gordon, Coote and Papenhoyzen and that Canberra fullback.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Solid 10 minutes so far, grilling him about Manly offers, Parra contracts, MG talking shit about him, his blow up at the refs last week.

For someone who wanted this out of the media, not sure the best thing is to basically go on Oprah to talk about it

Fordy20

Juniors

You are deadset kidding yourself. Hughes isn't even first choice at the Storm. Gutho has double the try assists and three times as many line break assists. He's got more total assists than the Eels team's halfback. Up until last week, he had more metres per game and average metres per run than both Teddy and RTS.

AJB1102

First Grade
$650k for 3 in today's climate is probably about right. He's got history with bad injuries and is playing to increase his price tag as he said he would.

I'm with the Eels on this one. He's full of enthusiasm but pretty slight for an NRL player and has already had 2 knee recos. f**k having a busted almost 30 year old Gutho on $700k+ in 3-4 years time.

t-ba

Post Whore
It makes me sick to say it but Parra are in the right here and his behaviour is making me a bit wary of Manly signing him.

It is absolutely fine to chase cash brcause these guys have a limited shelf life but the media appearances and constant Chinese whispers swirling around are concerning

I think Des could reign him in but this is some massive ego tripping ATM and I worry about that kind of stuff on team harmony if it continues.

Pommy

Coach
It makes me sick to say it but Parra are in the right here and his behaviour is making me a bit wary of Manly signing him.

It is absolutely fine to chase cash brcause these guys have a limited shelf life but the media appearances and constant Chinese whispers swirling around are concerning

I think Des could reign him in but this is some massive ego tripping ATM and I worry about that kind of stuff on team harmony if it continues.

No need to worry about Manly signing him it’s confirmed he’s staying at Para

Edit
Actually not confirmed by Para but the NRL are reporting it.

Latest posts