What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

mozza91

Coach
You are in error. Latrell has played a heck of a lot of football in the lower grades at fullback for the Roosters. He has played some games at five eight in the lower grades as well as first grade, and Trent Robinson has had him learning the pivot role during the off season in case of injuries.
What he did in the lower grades means very little. He’s had a few decent games at 5/8 in FG and struggled in 2016 at fullback (understandably so as he was inexperienced and playing in a team that was struggling).

Perth Red

Post Whore
He'll be like Inglis, moved around positions and never being truly great at any particular one then his body and weight will become an issue and he'll spend 4 years being a very well paid avg player with the odd flash of brilliance that evokes memories of days past.

adamkungl

Immortal
He'll be like Inglis, moved around positions and never being truly great at any particular one then his body and weight will become an issue and he'll spend 4 years being a very well paid avg player with the odd flash of brilliance that evokes memories of days past.

Inglis' years since 2015 haven't been great but shit you're hard to please if you don't think Inglis was truly great in any position.
Dominated at both centre and fullback and merely won a comp when he five-eighth a go...

kbw

Bench
Inglis' years since 2015 haven't been great but shit you're hard to please if you don't think Inglis was truly great in any position.
Dominated at both centre and fullback and merely won a comp when he five-eighth a go...

He was never ever a great fullback, a great centre yes but positional play and defense at fullback is an art in itself and he did not master them

Hutty1986

Immortal
Was a part of a team about 45 million over the cap and won SFA

AJB1102

First Grade
Feel the same about Latrell as I did GI that the number on their back means f**kall. You just put that beast in your side anywhere and reap the rewards.

People often forget that Latrell is only 21. His best days are still ahead of him. One can only imagine the damage he will wreak on opposing teams in his efforts to support the Roosters attempts at multiple future Grand Final victories.

Meth

Staff member
He may turn out to be the best 6 of all time from here. Who knows? I was just making a comment about how awful he was last night

AJB1102

First Grade
Because he was bloody awful last night.

Keep him in the centres where he's devastating.

It's not his best possy especially reshuffled mid-game.

If you had to play Latrell at #6 who cares, just get him out there.

I can't think of many sides who wouldn't play him at 5/8 no worries. Some would play him prop just to have him out there.

AJB1102

First Grade
He may turn out to be the best 6 of all time from here. Who knows? I was just making a comment about how awful he was last night

He's a bit lazy. That's probably what you get %80 of the time. But his 20% will win you a game right now.

Meth

Staff member
It's not his best possy especially reshuffled mid-game.

If you had to play Latrell at #6 who cares, just get him out there.

I can't think of many sides who wouldn't play him at 5/8 no worries. Some would play him prop just to have him out there.

Maybe- but if I was playing him at prop, or five eighth, I’d be thinking ‘why aren’t we playing the best centre in the world at centre?’

AJB1102

First Grade
Maybe- but if I was playing him at prop, or five eighth, I’d be thinking ‘why aren’t we playing the best centre in the world at centre?’

Maybe he's better than your best 5/8th. Prop was a joke but he's the sort of bloke you just give a jersey too.

AJB1102

First Grade
So far, I haven’t seen anything to suggest that

He's like Inglis. Generally doesn't do much but if you need points you can give him the ball 10m out and more often than not he'll deliver.

He needs the challenge though. Carves up Chambers because Chambers is stupid enough to fire him up - leave sleeping dogs lie, William.

Meth

Staff member
He's like Inglis. Generally doesn't do much but if you need points you can give him the ball 10m out and more often than not he'll deliver.

He needs the challenge though. Carves up Chambers because Chambers is stupid enough to fire him up - leave sleeping dogs lie, William.

He is like Inglis.

A great centre.

Latest posts