What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Norwegian Government Recognition

adamkungl

Immortal
RL has well over the required 40 active nations, but the GAISF defines "National Federations" as being recognised by the country's National Olympic Committee.

I'm not sure how many we have, it would be pretty difficult to dig up the info for every nation.

On a side note, this gives more importance to the South Africa Rugby membership. I think it means RLeague is recognised by the government and thus contributes to GAISF membership.

adamkungl

Immortal
Another side note, look at the nonsense description of Rugby League on the GAISF website

Rugby League was formed in the 1870s with the first international match being played in 1904. Rugby League International Federation ("RLIF") , was created in 1948 and the first World Cup was held at Parc des Princes in Paris in 1954. RLIF held every four years Mens and Womens World Cups. Further information concerning Rugby League is available on www.rlif.com

Compared to others
Table soccer (or foosball) is a table games in which players use figures mounted on rotating bars to kick the ball into the opposing goal. Table Soccer is a worldwide popular sport, it includes emotion, concentration, team spirit. It is a sport widely practiced on all 5 continents. It helps to build social cohesion and is an extraordinary vector of exchange. It is meant for everybody, without any discrimination.

FootGolf is a precision sport, in which players kick a football/soccer ball into a hole. The sport of FootGolf can be played by everyone regardless of age, gender, religion, social or ethnic background and physical condition. FootGolf is a sport where a 10-year old can play and beat his parents, and all the family can play together.

Dodgeball is a sport in which players of 2 teams try to throw balls at each other while avoiding being hit themselves. Dodgeball is a very accessible sports due to simplicity of the Rules, the ability to participate on almost any surface and because of the low cost associated with any form of participation.

Amateur hour...

DIOGENES

Juniors
It appears that rather than being an independent sport, RL is an “activity” under the Rugby Union Federation. This is not dissimilar to South Africa. Maybe this is the path to the future.
In the core nations the long history of conflict means that RL and RU will not be able to co-operate but in the emerging nations such antipathy does not exist...yet

Perth Red

Post Whore
Another side note, look at the nonsense description of Rugby League on the GAISF website

Compared to others

Amateur hour...

I'd suggest they have cut and pasted from the "About..." page on the codes website. Maybe RLIF need to make it better?

c0c0nutz

Juniors
So that's now 23 nations, of the required 40 by GAISF, right?
Great result for Norway, let's hope they put in a strong performance or a shock result this weekend. I believe that's correct, once there's 40 then the RLIF could go towards full GAISF membership and still remember to maintain and keep growing the game in new nations.

langpark

First Grade
RL has well over the required 40 active nations, but the GAISF defines "National Federations" as being recognised by the country's National Olympic Committee.

I'm not sure how many we have, it would be pretty difficult to dig up the info for every nation.

On a side note, this gives more importance to the South Africa Rugby membership. I think it means RLeague is recognised by the government and thus contributes to GAISF membership.
Pretty sure RLIF recently mentioned it was currently 22, hence why I mentioned we must now be on 23.

deluded pom?

Coach
It appears that rather than being an independent sport, RL is an “activity” under the Rugby Union Federation. This is not dissimilar to South Africa. Maybe this is the path to the future.
In the core nations the long history of conflict means that RL and RU will not be able to co-operate but in the emerging nations such antipathy does not exist...yet
Apparently the Norway RL started off as the junior partner but are now the bigger entity of the two codes in Norway.

Latest posts