What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Mario chalmers

Juniors
No to Roberts, he's a risk off the field and is often disinterested on it.

I'd be pleased if we could move on 2 out of these 3 before June 30
Rochow
Taylor
McQueen

First 2 are not likely to see NRL again this year and McQueen is a bludger in my view. One break last week doesnt change that.

We must have 30 contracted players by June 30 which means either a) development player upgraded or b) a signing from elsewhere.

Development players can also play NRL after this date which would mean somone like Seyfarth could be promoted to play NRL if our backrow stocks dried up due to injuries over the last 10 or so games.

If we can move 2 current forwards on that would leave 3 spots. We'd be best served with 2 backs and 1 forward IMO.

Whatever the case we need to move some of the squad around if we're to challenge in the back end.

Regarding wingers keeping up with Roberts, it seems every winger in the NRL stands flat or next to their centre partner rather than a metre or so deeper nowadays, which probably helps contribute to the forward passes in the game out wide.

super_coach

First Grade
I doubt we are in the market for anyone at present. We will need to clear some deck space before we can pick up a player for 300 plus a year. Not sure where we are number wise but if we need another player, it will be a reserve grader getting a upgrade.

Of course that could all change in a flash if a player or two decided to play elsewhere

tiger102

Juniors
Raft of NRL players offered to Super League clubs
Today’s Total Rugby League Article
Daniel Alvaro is among the NRL players currently being offered to clubs ahead of 2020.

NRL agents have started to shop their overseas players to clubs in the Northern Hemisphere with a view to making the move from down under.

25-year-old prop Alvaro has played regularly for Parramatta this season and has already made 74 NRL appearances. An Italy international, he would be a sound pick up for several Super League clubs.

But he isn’t the only talent available, with the likes of Cronulla centre Aaron Gray, South Sydney back-rower Kyle Turner and St George Illawarra prop Jeremy Latimore also on the market.

Others offered to clubs include Kurt Capewell, Cronulla’s 25-year-old utility, North Queensland forward Corey Jensen, Parramatta forward Ray Stone and Gold Coast youngster Max King.

It remains to be seen which clubs will take make a move for the overseas stars, with business likely to pick up in the week leading up to the Magic Weekend. Many of the overseas player managers come to the UK every year for the event on a scouting and networking mission.

Cronulla Sharks’ Premiership-winning winger Sosaia Feki has also been offered around clubs.

Corey Jensen, Daniel Avaro & Kurt Capewell would be handy.

The unknown

Juniors
Raft of NRL players offered to Super League clubs
Today’s Total Rugby League Article
Daniel Alvaro is among the NRL players currently being offered to clubs ahead of 2020.

NRL agents have started to shop their overseas players to clubs in the Northern Hemisphere with a view to making the move from down under.

25-year-old prop Alvaro has played regularly for Parramatta this season and has already made 74 NRL appearances. An Italy international, he would be a sound pick up for several Super League clubs.

But he isn’t the only talent available, with the likes of Cronulla centre Aaron Gray, South Sydney back-rower Kyle Turner and St George Illawarra prop Jeremy Latimore also on the market.

Others offered to clubs include Kurt Capewell, Cronulla’s 25-year-old utility, North Queensland forward Corey Jensen, Parramatta forward Ray Stone and Gold Coast youngster Max King.

It remains to be seen which clubs will take make a move for the overseas stars, with business likely to pick up in the week leading up to the Magic Weekend. Many of the overseas player managers come to the UK every year for the event on a scouting and networking mission.

Cronulla Sharks’ Premiership-winning winger Sosaia Feki has also been offered around clubs.

Corey Jensen, Daniel Avaro & Kurt Capewell would be handy.

Would any of those players be significant upgrades in those positions though? that's the way I look at it.

Feki would be handy I reckon, but it's time we look past journeyman/fringe 1st graders

Das Hassler

Bench
The thing i most like about Matterson is he WANTS to be here and be a part of it....that's what's driving his game...that's the Bellamy attitude filter we need to have to build successfully. I'm sure most would have taken Hayne over Thompson at the same money going into '18 season.

Fordy20

Juniors
That's why I was disappointed about missing out on Gutho. You can tell he cares and puts in. Got over my disappointment when we got Twal, that's for sure. Twal is amazing and we should be looking at extending him before he comes on the open market.

I have seen RFM play well for the Dogs and if the rumours are true, it might be an upgrade. The issue is we have way too many backrowers on contract at the moment. More concerned about prop depth, the fact we don't have a hooker locked up yet and the lack of speed in our backs.

Das Hassler

Bench
That's why I was disappointed about missing out on Gutho. You can tell he cares and puts in. Got over my disappointment when we got Twal, that's for sure. Twal is amazing and we should be looking at extending him before he comes on the open market.

I have seen RFM play well for the Dogs and if the rumours are true, it might be an upgrade. The issue is we have way too many backrowers on contract at the moment. More concerned about prop depth, the fact we don't have a hooker locked up yet and the lack of speed in our backs.

Agree on all...hoping Rowdy pulls the pin this year. I wonder how McQueen could go up front if he put on 4 or 5 kgs? I could see him becoming somewhat Twal like and he seems to be responding well to madge....and on that..wasn't it Madge who saw him out of souths? Hoping Packer moves on or has a second epiphany. ...this one to do with football

gordsy

Juniors
We couldn't afford Izzy. And can we please get over this mouth breather of an idea about Mybe to 5/8. We have moved on from that Tim Sheens level of genius. People who suggest that obviously need a mental health assessment.

Tiger05

First Grade
We couldn't afford Izzy. And can we please get over this mouth breather of an idea about Mybe to 5/8. We have moved on from that Tim Sheens level of genius. People who suggest that obviously need a mental health assessment.

The move from fullback to 6 is a pretty common one. It's not at Sheenius level.