What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones VIII

Game_Breaker

Coach
I watched an interview where D&D where they said they re-shot the pilot after a screening because people were unsure if Cersei and Jamie were siblings and the shock at the end of the episode didn’t exist for them when they saw the incest scene

Now they don’t give a f**k

I think it's sad that this shows finale has more talk about how it's been ruined.
It deserved better.
The excitement has just dropped extensively. Now people are just hoping they don't f**k up the ending too much.
Once it's finished I'll watch all through season 8 non stop to see if it changes my opinion. I did that with season 7 and I surprisingly liked it a lot more.

Timbo

Staff member
I think it's sad that this shows finale has more talk about how it's been ruined.
It deserved better.
The excitement has just dropped extensively. Now people are just hoping they don't f**k up the ending too much.
Once it's finished I'll watch all through season 8 non stop to see if it changes my opinion. I did that with season 7 and I surprisingly liked it a lot more.

What I find telling is that a show that has a fandom like this - think Breaking Bad for similar hype - people are normally absolutely obsessive about avoiding leaks and spoilers for the final episode. With this, people are actively seeking them out because they want to cushion the blow in case the season keeps up to its current standards. Four people were discussing what they'd read online about the finale in my lunch room today - none of them were upset that the end had been spoiled.

It's a pretty spectacular feat what they've managed to do to their own fanbase in the space of five episodes.

greenBV4

Bench
I think we'll have a satisfying ending and it'll be the same way the books will eventually end

Difference is the pacing that has been screwed up by D&D wanting to move on, we'll get the same ending in the books and the show, but 2 different approaches getting to that ending.

For those who care about the books,

I also think we will have The Winds of Winter announced on Monday and not long after, then A Dream of Spring in a year or 2.

the WoW will also get real close to being a best-seller, and will be right up there on the list (could it make the top?). Think of how many impulse buys there would be if it was announced and released of the back of the last episode.

The more I think about it, he has definitely finished the WoW, he's slow a slow writer but surely not that slow, he's most likely been paid a fair bit to delay the release until after the show, to not spoil the ending.

Every time he's linked to another project or releases a short story or history book everyone gets all mad saying he should be focussing on the main books, but I think he's doing that because he has finished WoW a while back, and is nearly done with a DoS

adamkungl

Immortal
I also think we will have The Winds of Winter announced on Monday and released a few days later, then A Dream of Spring in a year or 2.

The more I think about it, he has definitely finished the WoW, he's slow a slow writer but surely not that slow, he's most likely been paid a fair bit to delay the release until after the show, to not spoil the ending.

Every time he's linked to another project or releases a short story or history book everyone gets all mad saying he should be focussing on the main books, but I think he's doing that because he has finished WoW a while back, and is nearly done with a DoS

Lol. Prepare for disappointment

Game_Breaker

Coach
I think we'll have a satisfying ending and it'll be the same way the books will eventually end

Difference is the pacing that has been screwed up by D&D wanting to move on, we'll get the same ending in the books and the show, but 2 different approaches getting to that ending.

For those who care about the books,

I also think we will have The Winds of Winter announced on Monday and not long after, then A Dream of Spring in a year or 2.

the WoW will also get real close to being a best-seller, and will be right up there on the list (could it make the top?). Think of how many impulse buys there would be if it was announced and released of the back of the last episode.

He strongly denied all that, he was pretty pissed off too

He said he hasn’t finished WoW and hasn’t started a Dream of Spring

So it’s looks like a 10 year wait for the whole series to finish

Vozzy

Juniors
Few pointers:

- was "Dracarus" the words Varys heard in the Blue flame. Hense why he was evolved in the original plot with King Robert to have Dany killed in season 1. Also going to Essos he was reminded of this by the Red Priestess. I think from this moment he had decided Dany will become evil.

- in Regards to the prophecy in regards to Cersei. Even though it didn't come through exactly it's kind of what got her killed to me. I personally have always understood why Cersei does the things she does. Someone like Ned Stark choose honour without thinking of the risks his family would face. Cersei chooses her children even if it means to kill for them. All her life she was put in a positions she didn't want like marrying Robert who never loved her back but did her duty as a mother. I believe since Maggy the frog she has always been afraid especially of Tyrion but of dying but she denies it. But because she always thought Tyrion was going to kill her is why she just stood there watching Dany burn everything. She thought she was safe because she was sure she won't die this way her whole life she was dillusioned thinking something will save her because she thinks Tyrion isn't the one doing the act. That's actually what got her killed and all her children was the fear of the false prophecy.

- also unless Jon plays a big part in this last episode he was brought back for no reason. Now it's maybe to kill Dany. But then the question is was it the lord of light that brings people back? Like why would the he bring someone back to kill someone who is fire that's what's puzzling me. I'm thinking back to when he woke up. Davos was the last one to leave that room not Mel. But also Ghost was there. I feel like something is missing with this story.

What I find telling is that a show that has a fandom like this - think Breaking Bad for similar hype - people are normally absolutely obsessive about avoiding leaks and spoilers for the final episode. With this, people are actively seeking them out because they want to cushion the blow in case the season keeps up to its current standards. Four people were discussing what they'd read online about the finale in my lunch room today - none of them were upset that the end had been spoiled.

It's a pretty spectacular feat what they've managed to do to their own fanbase in the space of five episodes.
100%
The Sopranos was/is my all time favourite show, and I was like this too.
The Sopranos, to me, broke the mold on what TV could do. Everything else since has that show to thank.
I loved Breaking Bad, and the writing was top notch to the end.
I loved the first two seasons of Sons of Anarchy but it went the way of soap opera on bikes. I kept watching it, just because I wanted to see the conclusion (even though in that show it was always quite obvious).
Sadly GoT has gone that way for me too. Like I said, I'll watch season 8 from go to whoa straight, so it's like a movie. If I still am left unfulfilled, so be it.

I'm off the Varys last words being "Dracarys". Too obvious
To me it was more satisfying for him to hear "It was me" by Tyrion.
His best mate f**ked him over.
There are no friends in the Game of Thrones.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Few pointers:

- was "Dracarus" the words Varys heard in the Blue flame. Hense why he was evolved in the original plot with King Robert to have Dany killed in season 1. Also going to Essos he was reminded of this by the Red Priestess. I think from this moment he had decided Dany will become evil.

- in Regards to the prophecy in regards to Cersei. Even though it didn't come through exactly it's kind of what got her killed to me. I personally have always understood why Cersei does the things she does. Someone like Ned Stark choose honour without thinking of the risks his family would face. Cersei chooses her children even if it means to kill for them. All her life she was put in a positions she didn't want like marrying Robert who never loved her back but did her duty as a mother. I believe since Maggy the frog she has always been afraid especially of Tyrion but of dying but she denies it. But because she always thought Tyrion was going to kill her is why she just stood there watching Dany burn everything. She thought she was safe because she was sure she won't die this way her whole life she was dillusioned thinking something will save her because she thinks Tyrion isn't the one doing the act. That's actually what got her killed and all her children was the fear of the false prophecy.

- also unless Jon plays a big part in this last episode he was brought back for no reason. Now it's maybe to kill Dany. But then the question is was it the lord of light that brings people back? Like why would the he bring someone back to kill someone who is fire that's what's puzzling me. I'm thinking back to when he woke up. Davos was the last one to leave that room not Mel. But also Ghost was there. I feel like something is missing with this story.

One theory states that the prince that was promised prophecy doesn’t relate to the NK but to Dany

She is the darkness that must be defeated, and if Jon kills her she is also his Nissa nissa

Vozzy

Juniors
One theory states that the prince that was promised prophecy doesn’t relate to the NK but to Dany

She is the darkness that must be defeated, and if Jon kills her she is also his Nissa nissa
I wonder if they switched the two battles then the original story. Maybe the dany going mad and destroying kings landing is Ment to happen before the battle with the white walkers cos I assume that John in the books kills dany some how and gets the flaming sword?

But then I always wonder how the faceless men and the whole story tied together so maybe it's still Arya?

I guess as the story comes to an end is what's contributing to peoples disappoint.

Parra Pride

Coach
I read what is supposedly going to be episode 6, and if it actually happens I may have to down a litre of bleach to cleanse my memory of the train wreck this season has turned into.

Jack Deth

Juniors
I have a sneaky suspicion that Gendry will end up on the throne. He does have Baratheon and Targaryen blood after all.