What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 10 vs Storm @ AAMI Park

Who will win? Round 10: Storm v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

super_coach

First Grade
We did but we just rolled out the red carpet for them...our stats ..completions were good...even the commentators said we didnt play badly, but trying to compete with them with a standard error free game was just a blank canvas for the chooks.

Bottom line, outside the top three..Chooks,Storm and Rabbits and possibly a near full strength Sharks we are a good chance of winning...but with the sides I mentioned we are still along way from being able to beat them......but I am hoping the next few weeks will prove me wrong

Tiger05

First Grade
The team to me looks pretty good. Aloiai back in for Clarke. Our bench looks really good. All those players can have an impact on the game. They also have some mistakes in them but hopefully we see their upside not the downside.

The unknown

Juniors
The backs have switched sides which is interesting. Marsters with Thompson and Jennings with Fonua

I'd like to have seen Clarke stay on the bench but I guess Chee Kam adds more (?) at this point and Aloiai definitely belongs in our strongest 17

Fordy20

Juniors
Yep, Cheeky is the designated utility. He can play centre pretty well and has good footwork to play in the second row. The real question mark is why Aloiai isn't in the 13 and why Clarke isn't one of the props on the bench. Maybe Madge is just easing him in.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Yep, Cheeky is the designated utility. He can play centre pretty well and has good footwork to play in the second row. The real question mark is why Aloiai isn't in the 13 and why Clarke isn't one of the props on the bench. Maybe Madge is just easing him in.

I don’t think Aloiai is anywhere near as effective when he starts. In the first 4 rounds he was a beast off the bench, I’m pretty happy for him to go back there

The unknown

Juniors

Aloiai was playing his best footy off the bench imo, plus Einsenhuth is one of those work horse players - isn't too flashy but gets through a mountain of work so I agree with Madge there

Clarke added more than Packer in 15 minutes than Packer does in his usual 40 min stint so unsure why he got dropped. Maybe like you said, just easing him in

tumblingdice

Juniors
Gday lads. Will be heading down to Melbourne and going to the game, amongst other things.
Does anyone know if there's a boozer travelling fans might be hanging out at pre-game?
Hoping the boys make a good game of it.

macnaz

Staff member
Send Madunit a pm , he is from Melbourne so would probably have a good idea.

gordsy

Juniors
He might be lurking. The merkin should post more often.
It got a bit messy with him and some of the others and he basically said he wouldn't post anymore and others were pleased with that. Don't know the bloke but seems to be less fights / drams as a result. Whether that's his fault or others just having a sook at what he posted, I don't know.

Fordy20

Juniors
Well that's less than ideal. Most of the time when Madunit was barking off at merkins he was right. He knows his shit

WA Tiger

Bench
Game Day..We have more belief now than at any other time this year after last weeks game regardless of the opposition. I think we are growing as a unit despite the individuals not being superstars. I predict the quick Marshall pass to Matterson as an unexpected playmaker out wider than expected will be seen more today and in future and will help us have an edge over other teams. I think the guys are ready to die for the cause..Deep down they believe they can beat Melbourne..Parramatta had no reason to believe that..I think Bellamy will be nervous. He knows there’s something about us and when we click watch out. Tigers by 12

Tiger Ted

Bench
Game Day..We have more belief now than at any other time this year after last weeks game regardless of the opposition. I think we are growing as a unit despite the individuals not being superstars. I predict the quick Marshall pass to Matterson as an unexpected playmaker out wider than expected will be seen more today and in future and will help us have an edge over other teams. I think the guys are ready to die for the cause..Deep down they believe they can beat Melbourne..Parramatta had no reason to believe that..I think Bellamy will be nervous. He knows there’s something about us and when we click watch out. Tigers by 12
Madge’s coaching is the key difference for us compared to this time last season & pre ‘18.(‘12-‘18).Reputations & money earnt mean nothing to Madge when selecting teams.Its based on attitude & form.If only we had speed(papenhuyzen JAC & the turd) we’d b a genuine top 4 contender.

macnaz

Staff member
Madge’s coaching is the key difference for us compared to this time last season & pre ‘18.(‘12-‘18).Reputations & money earnt mean nothing to Madge when selecting teams.Its based on attitude & form.If only we had speed(papenhuyzen JAC & the turd) we’d b a genuine top 4 contender.
So true .. on both statements.

Shredder

Juniors
I actually have a good feeling about this one.

So some reason Im thinking we will win a tight one.

Could completely go the other way, but I jut feel it.

Tiger05

First Grade

I'm starting to like our coach a lot. His complete lack of giving a f**k in relation to reputations and the amount they are being paid is great.

I like the way he is picking players in the pack who do the job and that means having some leg drive and impact for our middle forwards.

As for the speed comment how many guys on here are stating to get rid of Liddle who has speed. We need as much speed as we can get. We must have one of the slowest teams in the comp.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I'm starting to like our coach a lot. His complete lack of giving a f**k in relation to reputations and the amount they are being paid is great.

I like the way he is picking players in the pack who do the job and that means having some leg drive and impact for our middle forwards.

As for the speed comment how many guys on here are stating to get rid of Liddle who has speed. We need as much speed as we can get. We must have one of the slowest teams in the comp.

Speed is only useful if on the field. Liddle still has not shown he can handle the stress on his body.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Im all for Liddle to show what hes got vs Cam Smith and lets face it, Liddle's contract comes up at end fo season, so he would want to go well. Perfect opportunity for him.