What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
You can't make him go unless he wants to go.

He is on the outer at Parramatta for a reason. We need to know what that reason is.

He is in the 21 this week. Anyone you get on minimum wage is going to be a gamble but it will help us get some higher priced recruits if we fill some spots on these gambles. Who knows it might be a great signing

franklin2323

Immortal
They might pay 300 though...Someone might take a punt on a change of scenery revitalising him. Anyway, he might be willing to take pay cut to go to another cub if it extends his FG career because if To'o does well and Edwards finds his form again then Mansor might find himself down the order a bit.

Problem is the 49% tax rate athletes are charged. It makes it less likely to take a pay cut. I agree I don't see Whare and Mansour both being in the team long term

TheFrog

Coach
He is in the 21 this week. Anyone you get on minimum wage is going to be a gamble but it will help us get some higher priced recruits if we fill some spots on these gambles. Who knows it might be a great signing
Probably a bargain at minimum wage but I'd have thought he'd want more than that.

Penrith Panthers’ DWZ responds to rumours linking him with shock Parramatta Eels switch

Penrith Panthers outside back Dallin Watene-Zelezniak has spoken for the first time about rumours linking him to a move to the Parramatta Eels.
The New Zealand native, who last year was made captain of his national side, has been part of a Panthers side which have struggled in the early part of the season.

Over the weekend, reports emerged that Watene-Zelezniak was a target for the Eels as part of a mid-season raid on the Panthers.
But speaking to the Fox League Podcast, the 23-year-old admitted his surprise at the speculation and said he was happy at the Panthers.

“I woke up that morning and I was like: ‘wow’ I have no idea about this. It’s pretty weird but all I know is I’m signed here for two years.
“That was my biggest fear. It was the first time I have been in that position. I have been reassured that I’ve got two years here and I’m happy and I’ll be doing everything I can to do my best for those two years.
“You never know what happens, football’s a weird sport, things can happen just like that.

I had family messaging me saying: ‘is this true?’ All I know is it’s all words and rumour at the moment.”

Watene-Zelezniak was quick to shoot down the notion that it might have been a little bit of agent talk which fired the rumour mill into overdrive, saying he has a close bond with his manger Tyran Smith.

“My manager’s like a family friend, he’s been amazing for me,” he said. “I know whatever he does is in the interest of my family and wife and kids. But he said just to be focused on football and do your thing. I trust my kids with him, he’s family to us.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/panthers/penrith-panthers-dwz-responds-to-rumours-linking-him-with-shock-parramatta-eels-switch/news-story/d697ba1f077e62c43eb1f99140c00069

Kilkenny

Coach
I don’t think Ivan would consider Bevan French. Yes he is quick but is small,liability in defence and under the high ball. Shame Hook didn’t rate Sivo who has been very good for the Eels but probably wouldn’t have had the same impact here given our lack of attacking structure. Hopefully young TOO gets a few games to show what he can do.

franklin2323

Immortal
I don’t think Ivan would consider Bevan French. Yes he is quick but is small,liability in defence and under the high ball. Shame Hook didn’t rate Sivo who has been very good for the Eels but probably wouldn’t have had the same impact here given our lack of attacking structure. Hopefully young TOO gets a few games to show what he can do.

Reminds me of Corey Thompson that went well under Ivan

Panther Mick

Juniors
They will probably give Maloney the Trent Merrin treatment. We will honour your contract but you will more than likely be playing reserve grade next year if you stay.

Crashtest

Juniors
They will probably give Maloney the Trent Merrin treatment. We will honour your contract but you will more than likely be playing reserve grade next year if you stay.

Then hopefully Maloney doesn't ask Merrin and Soward for their opinions on being released early to play in England...

Exsilium

First Grade
Halves down on form when behind a beaten pack, shit line running and poor coaching. Who’d have thunk it!

betcats

Referee
Halves down on form when behind a beaten pack, shit line running and poor coaching. Who’d have thunk it!

We have had more tackles in the redzone than any other team. We get up the field fine. Its not the forwards job to create points once we are up there. This same pack went toe to toe with the bunnies not long ago. The entire side is down on confidence and out of form but our biggest issue is by far the spine IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts