What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Yeah we stood strong, didn't buckle...much.

Well I would hate to see what we were like when we buckled. Win, win for Guth and his manger from where I sit, but ultimately great outcome for Parra if he stays fit.

We’d have signed him for 4 years, on the figure he wanted. Setting a deadline and “introducing” DWZ was very clever. The deal is fair, we haven’t buckled. We called Ayoub’s bluff.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I would hardly say that the manager is 0. He got top dollar for 3 years for his client. He couldn't give a toss what you think of him while he spend his 6% and all will be forgiven as far as Gutho goes.

Ultimately the club were slow off the the mark on this one(understandably to some point) and the manager and client were willing to wait it out and play hard ball to get top dollar through the media and it worked for them. Now all Gutho needs to do is play well and all will be sweet.
They stayed strong until we refused to pay more, then they copped the money but stayed strong on four years until we set a deadline. Then they folded like Portuguese chicken after Gutho admitted there was no offer from Manly.

What did the club give up? We didn't get him for the $400k we offered last year, and we brought forward our decision on Arthur by two weeks.

We have shrewd negotiators at the club now. People with no emotion invested in the club, players or fans. That's how you get success. By hiring reptiles to make the tough decisions. They are immune to all the footy fan media bullshit. You would never catch them posting in here with us merkins.

84 Baby

Referee

Well I would hate to see what we were like when we buckled. Win, win for Guth and his manger from where I sit, but ultimately great outcome for Parra if he stays fit.
Lol yeah we totally caved. If we were bucklers, the whole situation wouldn’t have even made papers and he’d have been signed weeks ago. You were slamming the club about poor negotiation and now you’re refusing your healthy dose of humble pie

I agree with that and now that it's a done deal, I wish him well.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

What it would look like is a four year deal, with the coach signed for just as long, and all of it happening six months ago.

Last edited:

Djay

Juniors
About bloody time the club showed some backbone, brilliant stuff, no one is bigger then the club. We had to show we will not bow down to managers and players, we have in the past but today could be the change we have needed for years.

Thank f**k it's over, glad he stayed as I feel we were limited with replacing him and he still is a very good footballer, if he wants the big bucks go on and prove it now in these next 3 years, help shape our culture, our future and help us to consistently feature in September and you can start commanding big dollars.

In the end 3 years is perfect and the sum is what his worth.

Happy I was proven wrong and his staying, I thought he as gone but once BA re-signed I couldn't see him leaving, now let's move on and lets focus on doing something this year.

Soto

Bench
About bloody time the club showed some backbone, brilliant stuff, no one is bigger then the club. We had to show we will not bow down to managers and players, we have in the past but today could be the change we have needed for years.

Thank f**k it's over, glad he stayed as I feel we were limited with replacing him and he still is a very good footballer, if he wants the big bucks go on and prove it now in these next 3 years, help shape our culture, our future and help us to consistently feature in September and you can start commanding big dollars.

In the end 3 years is perfect and the sum is what his worth.

Happy I was proven wrong and his staying, I thought he as gone but once BA re-signed I couldn't see him leaving, now let's move on and lets focus on doing something this year.
This sums it up perfectly...
Now all focus and energy towards winning on Saturday and working towards making the semis..
No more excuses, no more contract talk ( except for Moses who I'm sure will extend soon). After he is done then hopefully we are selective with recruitment for nxt yr and beyond. I think we should be a after a front rower and a centre as a minimum.
Have to keep strengthening the side. Build around the core of the team now..

Gronk

Staff member
Now all focus and energy towards winning on Saturday and working towards making the semis..
No more excuses, no more contract talk ( except for Moses who I'm sure will extend soon). After he is done then hopefully we are selective with recruitment for nxt yr and beyond. I think we should be a after a front rower and a centre as a minimum.

+1

Johnny88

Juniors
Spud Carroll texted B.A. yesterday that said send me the forwards not expecting a reply the boys showed up at Spuds gym and he trained them in 38c heat had boxing training with them. He asked Paulo how many times to you want me to uppercut you? Paulo said multiple times.
Spud said it was a good session and gave them a pep talk about working to together and all the things he learnt from Manly.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
According to the Squad Succession thread, we need heaps more players. We only have 13 merkins contracted next year: https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/squad-succession.437729/page-109

JokerEel

Coach
Spud Carroll texted B.A. yesterday that said send me the forwards not expecting a reply the boys showed up at Spuds gym and he trained them in 38c heat had boxing training with them. He asked Paulo how many times to you want me to uppercut you? Paulo said multiple times.
Spud said it was a good session and gave them a pep talk about working to together and all the things he learnt from Manly.

So now they will be exhausted for the next game!

Latest posts