What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 10 vs Storm @ AAMI Park

Who will win? Round 10: Storm v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pezz70

Juniors
Fonua is an egg head, sat there all night waiting for him to do something stupid, and he didn’t let me down. Had to try put the big shot on and made himself look stupid. Cost the Tigers the game, had the bloke standing still and got made to look the goose.

Tigers areso disappointing, sitting there watching it with 13 minutes to go and said to my young bloke the tigers will find a way to lose this. You could feel it

Vic Mackey

Referee
We were never going to win that game. Fonua has his rocks game. Mbye blew a certain try. Farah back to his old shit. Twice not taking the 2 on offer, then low and behold we lose by 2.

That’s 2 games we should have won and it’s only round 10, then we’ll wonder why we come 9th again

Das Hassler

Bench
Great effort....a bit of stuff to work on as always but i believe the confidence coming out of that loss will get the two points back and more

Yep,15 minutes out from the end you knew the Storm were going to sneak home, clutching defeat from the jaws of victory again, and not playing Liddle in the slippery conditions at the end was a mistake.

Pezz70

Juniors
Liddle didn’t get on the park. Could have done with another big man. Perhaps Madge should answer for that . Liddle on the bench might be okay against Titans, NQLD etc but in a big match?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Liddle didn’t get on the park. Could have done with another big man. Perhaps Madge should answer for that . Liddle on the bench might be okay against Titans, NQLD etc but in a big match?

If we took Robbie off with 20 to go we probably win. His pass to Matersons feet with 10 to go gave them the set that got them back to within 2.

WA Tiger

Bench
We were on there tryline at the end there ...geez I’m driving and trying to watch game at work ...was that a bad kick from Brooks for the repeat set I can’t tell I’ll look tomorrow it went straight to one of them

Front-Rower

First Grade

Yes, Liddle needed to be out there in the last quarter imo his pace and quick service from dummy half may have found out some of the storm’s tiring middle defenders

Edit - D H is edited to fake by the forum lol

If we took Robbie off with 20 to go we probably win. His pass to Matersons feet with 10 to go gave them the set that got them back to within 2.

Yeah that set convinced me that we were done and the Storm would come home over the top of us, unfortunately it turned out to be true, still can’t fault the effort at least we didn’t get pasted by 50+.

macnaz

Staff member
HAHAHAHA... RELAX EVERYONE.
We are the ultimate losers , dont get sucked in when we challenge to win a game on the line ....... WE NEVER HAVE WON THEM AND EVER f**kING WILL!!!!

Perth Tiger

Bench
The fans keep telling us that’s what Benji and Robbie are there for, game management
In fairness if Mahe hit and sticks they have probably done enough to win. Our problem is there is always someone who comes up with a crucial error in tight games.

WA Tiger

Bench
I’ve never seen 2 players from the same side run into each other trying to run through a gap ..Fonua and cheekam causing them to drop the ball.....

Vic Mackey

Referee
In fairness if Mahe hit and sticks they have probably done enough to win. Our problem is there is always someone who comes up with a crucial error in tight games.

Whilst that’s true, another problem is that we’ve gone back to 2 guys who have got us 3 semifinal series in 13 years. They are meant to be there to manage games. When we are up by 8 with 10 to go, that’s their job, to get us home.

gordynz

Juniors
The second last defensive set was horrible, I knew they were going to win after seeing how easily they were going forward

Front-Rower

First Grade

Where do we start?

Moses not passing

Brooks impersonating a statue

Not taking the two when 8 in front after taking all previous shots for goal

Leaving Liddle on the bench

The game was always going to change once they got their fair share of the ball.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Whilst that’s true, another problem is that we’ve gone back to 2 guys who have got us 3 semifinal series in 13 years. They are meant to be there to manage games. When we are up by 8 with 10 to go, that’s their job, to get us home.
Are you seriously that dumb to blame that on Benji and Robbie? Brooks is the one who put a bomb up with 2 to go instead of drilling it into touch.

Robbie was bad tonight but Benji was one of our best. Nothing we could do about that loss, if you want to blame it on anyone, it’s Mbye for not PASSING IT TO TWO OPEN MEN.