What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 10 vs Storm @ AAMI Park

Who will win? Round 10: Storm v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Front-Rower

First Grade
On game management, Cameron Smith showed how to do it tonight. He was the difference, even though the person I was watching the game with said he did nothing, he done a bucket load.

Can Liddle actually play NSW Cup this weekend now? He needs 80 minutes of football, not frequent flyer points.

Vic, I can’t blame Farah for tonight. As Pezz 70 said about Fonua at the end, if he made the tackle, well we will never know.

Andrew Johns asked Jonathan Thurston after the game what he liked tonight and he said Robbie Farah. Brad Fittler said something like, it’s all off the back of Robbie Farah, crafty dummy half game.

The Storm try from the bomb was very disappointing. It certainly highlighted yet again that we need height at the back.

On a positive, I think Mikaele had his best game.

super_coach

First Grade
Gutted to be beaten but what a effort. Compare the Rosters and we had no right to be in the contest.

Okay we did some dumb things at the end, but we still pushed a top three team to the end on their home turf and were the better team on the night everywhere but the score board.

Madge with some recruitment and more coaching will get these last minute capitulations out of the team. Hate the result, but I take more out of this effort than last weeks win over Penrith and our two wins last year against the Storm. I thought they had a game plan and played to it for 80 minutes only to come up short

stryker

First Grade
We were never going to win that game. Fonua has his rocks game. Mbye blew a certain try. Farah back to his old shit. Twice not taking the 2 on offer, then low and behold we lose by 2.

That’s 2 games we should have won and it’s only round 10, then we’ll wonder why we come 9th again
Bullshit.
We were going to win that game for 79 minutes. By far the better side. By far had the more opportunities. 3 lapses in concentration led to three tries.
Farah and McQueen on Papenhyuzen
Brooks not contesting the bomb
Mahe missing the tackle.
We beat ourselves in loses like this.

stryker

First Grade
On game management, Cameron Smith showed how to do it tonight. He was the difference, even though the person I was watching the game with said he did nothing, he done a bucket load.
As big of a fan of Smith as I am, I disagree. Farah outplayed him tonight.
The difference between the two sides tonight for me was speed. We are behind the eight ball.

The unknown

Juniors
wow

checked the score we were up 22-14 with about 8 mins to go

in typical tigers fashion, we lose by 2 points. That fcking hurts

Das Hassler

Bench
For God's sake ..most everyone said they'd be happy if we put in and came close...contained melbourne at home for 78 minutes in the 10th game with a new coach...it's called development and they're developing well.

macnaz

Staff member
I'm kinda feeling the same way to be honest. I used to be able to read the result pretty well until the last few years but tonight I'm feeling pretty good how we will go, just like last years 2 games we will have to contend with atrocious ref calls but if we can stay strong we can pull of a win tonight. Also being a Thursday night perhaps the vocal clueless Victorian crowd numbers are down and the noise doesnt affect the official referees and they give us a fair go.
SORRY EVERYONE... I totally under estimated the overwhelming power this shit merkin of a club/team has to turn an absolute win into a f**king farce yet again! , and make us all feel like crap AS always FFS

The unknown

Juniors
For God's sake ..most everyone said they'd be happy if we put in and came close...contained melbourne at home for 78 minutes in the 10th game with a new coach...it's called development and they're developing well.

This type of loss hurts more than a 50 point thrashing, as a club these types of games have ALWAYS come back to haunt us re: missing the 8.

The shit thing is we also play South's next week

Das Hassler

Bench
This type of loss hurts more than a 50 point thrashing, as a club these types of games have ALWAYS come back to haunt us re: missing the 8.

The shit thing is we also play South's next week

Yeah sure it hurts...but Melbourne were odds on for good reason and that's not a losing mindset ...we played better than we did in last weeks win so it's going in the right direction. Maquire's teaching them well...we'll make the 8

WA Tiger

Bench
Anyway I missed most of the game can’t drive and watch the game at same time I’ll watch it tomorrow...u guys are hard core supporters good to see...I didn’t know Liddell didn’t play ..imagine how pissed off he is....as I said before the game this game will tell us how far we can go ...I’ll watch it tomorrow but from your comments and his close I reckon we will be ok but it fkn hurts to lose that fk fk fk

stryker

First Grade
Yeah sure it hurts...but Melbourne were odds on for good reason and that's not a losing mindset ...we played better than we did in last weeks win so it's going in the right direction. Maquire's teaching them well...we'll make the 8
Tonight is the first time this year ive felt we may make a late charge for the 8. They outplayed Melbourne in general, just lost crucial moments and got severely punished for fk-ups. Storm had to convert every chance we gave them and they were good enough to do so. That does not mean we played poorly. The boys played well, just a tad unlucky.

P.s. we wont mention that Chambers dropped that ball, will we?

macnaz

Staff member
Ole catch 22 scenario.. the guys that get us in a position to win a game are also guilty of allowing us to lose a game.

So is it the chicken or the egg?
Seriously are we going to be critical of their positives when honestly we have NO ONE ELSE that will get us into a winning position..
Perhaps a newbie may make a clutch play ...BUT are we be in that position with anyone else at the club at this stage that can build a game and finnish a game ?