What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Catalans v Wigan confirmed at Nou Camp, Barcelona

Pommy

Coach
Would be good to see Spain in a warm up game before hand.
Although if they are trying to latch on to Catalan nationalism that might not be likely to happen.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Update on the match:

https://www.lindependant.fr/amp/201...amp-nou,8168711.php?__twitter_impression=true

20k tickets sold in France, they're hoping for around 30k sales in total there. Local marketing in Spain by FC Barcelona starts in a week, plus Wigan likely to bring around 10k. Looking pretty likely that this match will break the SL regular season attendance record.
Is the 10k Wigan sales included in the 20k sold so far or is the 20k just the number sold by the dragons??

Either way it’s still impressive and not only smashes the record super league attendance but generates much needed publicity for the game in France, U.K. and also Europe.

Pommy

Coach
I’ll be amazed if Wigan take 10 thousand.

I’m not saying it’s 10,000 but I’m surprised by how many of my friend have checked in to Barcelona on Facebook. Looks like there’s a few lads weekends and stag do’s gone over for it.

TDD91

Juniors
I'm flying out there tomorrow for the weekend.

10k wouldn't be a surprise honestly, had plenty of time to plan it and flights are cheap enough if you look around. Knowing that we're not going to be in the Challenge Cup final will help too in a way, so people don't feel obliged to save up for that.

Storm13

Juniors
Is this match being broadcast in Australia?

Got other Super League and Summer Bash games appearing on Kayo but not this one.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Apparently dragons owner/chairman?? Bernard guasch told local radio that over 25,000 tickets had been sold.

Let’s hope the super league record attendance is broken. Especially by a French expansion team in Barcelona of all places!?

Storm13

Juniors
Apparently dragons owner/chairman?? Bernard guasch told local radio that over 25,000 tickets had been sold.

Let’s hope the super league record attendance is broken. Especially by a French expansion team in Barcelona of all places!?
Really hope they can get over 30,000.

Will just need the national team to accomplish something next.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Really hope they can get over 30,000.

Will just need the national team to accomplish something next.
30,000 would be phenomenal but would no doubt be seen as a failure by some because of the other 60,000+ empty seats!!

As for the French National side the only way they’ll improve is if more and more French players are signed up by English super league clubs I’m afraid.

Pommy

Coach
Is this match being broadcast in Australia?

Got other Super League and Summer Bash games appearing on Kayo but not this one.

It’s listed as being on Kayo, 00.15 Sunday morning. I assume it’s on fox as well.

Storm13

Juniors
It’s listed as being on Kayo, 00.15 Sunday morning. I assume it’s on fox as well.
I see it now. Toronto vs Toulouse then Catalans vs Wigan (in Barcelona), never ever thought these fixtures could ever happen. Just seeing the Toronto vs Toulouse graphic on Kayo just shows you where this great game can go and gives myself a big :D. If only southern hemisphere media could at least appear aware of these great things taking place :(

Pommy

Coach
I see it now. Toronto vs Toulouse then Catalans vs Wigan (in Barcelona), never ever thought these fixtures could ever happen. Just seeing the Toronto vs Toulouse graphic on Kayo just shows you where this great game can go and gives myself a big :D. If only southern hemisphere media could at least appear aware of these great things taking place :(

Don’t forget that NRL game in Mudgee.

NRLMad

Juniors
30,000 would be phenomenal but would no doubt be seen as a failure by some because of the other 60,000+ empty seats!!

As for the French National side the only way they’ll improve is if more and more French players are signed up by English super league clubs I’m afraid.
Already happening. NRL clubs might start viewing them as cheap as well soon?

Latest posts