What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rick & Morty

Only got onto it recently but binged it and am current now.

I don't know how else to describe it apart from "crack for my eyeballs".

Hilarious sci-fi cartoon.

I can't get enough of it.

I'm Pickle Rick!!! :joy:

roofromoz

First Grade
Haven't seen a full episode but my wife raves about it. I've seen a few clips - pretty funny. Quite like the 'Gerry day care'.

Big Pete

Referee
Isn't it basically a cartoon Back to the Future?

That's how it started off, as a f**k you to copyright licensing where 'Marty' has to give Doc a BJ in order to save the day.

Roiland love doing the voices so much, they re-tooled the show and now it's like an edgier version of Futurama.

Watch the first two episodes and see if you like it. The second episode is when I got on board with it.

Vic Mackey

Referee
South Park and Archer are two of my favourite shows so checked this out after the 20 year olds at work were raving about it.

Watched 4 episodes but just don't get it. I actually think it's complete shit. I guess it finally happened, I'm old and uncool.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I love it

Dan Harmon is a crazy man but he can plot out a silly off the wall comedy in a satisfying way

Lemon Squash

First Grade
f**king hilarious show... you have to have a little twisted sense of humour but it really is brilliant after 3/4 episodes you will know if its your cup of tea or not

But yeh its like Futurama x Back to the future x South Park

TheVelourFog

First Grade
after the great first episode the last couple of episodes are bog average

need to ditch the lame divorce story arc

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
South Park and Archer are two of my favourite shows so checked this out after the 20 year olds at work were raving about it.

Watched 4 episodes but just don't get it. I actually think it's complete shit. I guess it finally happened, I'm old and uncool.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. :joy:

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid :sunglasses:

Vic Mackey

Referee
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. :joy:

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid :sunglasses:

38B8CA6E-ED3E-4229-A3AB-385F87EEF179.png

Eelementary

Post Whore

Oh, that's a shame, bro! You were going so well!