What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

• I want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • I don't want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 113 32.4%
  • I couldn't care less if he returns or not.

Votes: 176 50.4%

• Total voters

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Just for the record, from theology hell is not where people go to burn.

There is powerful hyperbolic language there.

Hell is separation from God. Those who don't want to be with him.

Anybody who goes to hell is not upset that it is unfair. They would rather have nothing for eternity than God.

Just for context.

Sounds good to me. I’ll be down in hell getting pissed with Bon Scott and snorting coke off Janis Joplin’s tits while you lot are sitting on clouds strumming harps with jeebus

jaseg

Juniors
Yep- it’s obviously more complicated (beyond the court of public opinion) than some on here are making it out to be.

It's not. Legal proceedings drag out all of the time. That's just how it works when you've got the opportunity to pick over minutiae of language, and people getting paid very well by the hour to do so. Cynical, yes... but also true - from experience.

There was a mistake on RA's part in not providing an extra, specific social media clause - but only a mistake to the extent that they now have to go through code of conduct hearings etc, allowing it to drag out, which the media love.

It's really not something Folau has any significant chance of winning. At this point his only win is in the publicity he can get.

2 weeks

Coach
There is a Simpsons gif for every occasion

GYo3zXY.gif

Shark62

Juniors
I’m waiting with bated breath for the Great Dane to write a 5000 word dissertation as to why this decision ends society as we know it.

Shark62

Juniors
Well at least he will have plenty of time now to share God’s happy message about all of us being burned to cinders for daring to have a good time.

Meth

Staff member
Sacked

So apparently it was that simple, all this was just the bureaucracy associated with terminating a highly paid/high profile employee who doesn't want to lose his pay packet.

Huh.

Hmmm that may be the case. Or else this may have some legs on it still. I see this as a test case, so I would imagine there’s someone out there that will help Israel push this all the way. I can’t see it not being hugely troubling for the ARU, financially

Shark62

Juniors
Hmmm that may be the case. Or else this may have some legs on it still. I see this as a test case, so I would imagine there’s someone out there that will help Israel push this all the way. I can’t see it not being hugely troubling for the ARU, financially
Lawyers love this stuff

Bazal

Post Whore

Of course it has legs on it.

Even if he'd snotted Castle and been sacked he'd have a right of appeal. And the right to challenge it in court.

It doesn't mean it isn't quite clear cut.

Shark62

Juniors
Of course it has legs on it.

Even if he'd snotted Castle and been sacked he'd have a right of appeal. And the right to challenge it in court.

It doesn't mean it isn't quite clear cut.
It’s all about legal bills from this point on. His phone will be ringing hot. Rugby Aus will need very deep pockets.