What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jdb case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardenia

Juniors
f**kn glamour club the bunnies receive their 1 million dollar war chest just for GI retiring yet St George are now disadvantaged for 2 yrs cause the f**kn gronks in the NRL don’t give us money to find a replacement and we are down 800k per yr

It’s like we are being penalised

I always new that Roosters, Broncos , Storm and Bunnies were favoured rest of the clubs are left to die

I know ! hes NOT playing so the club should be able to replace with a player of equivalent worth. The club and the fans did NOTHING to deserve such unfairness. I thought it was only about protecting the game. If that is the case then make it fair and let us pay the same amount in our cap for playing players as every other team.

Otherwise - what is is really about Beattie??

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I hope he appeals, will look forward to reading the judges decision. IMO it’s a restriction of trade.
Judge also ruled he has to pay the NRL's court costs, which i think is BS, unless he gets someone to fund him, can't see him taking it to the High Court, the $$ would be huge...

Mickthedragon

Juniors
We have to respect the decision but stuff Greenburg and Beattie for making this policy on the run to stuff our club down the gurgler as always. There has been no compensation and its too late for this season anyhow. He has not been proven guilty as yet and if he later gets off, i hope he sues the nrl for keeps. It is grossly unfair to stand him down without being proven to be guilty and i feel for Jdb after this decision. If he's guilty, throw the book at him but it feels as though they have just gone off early as a direct shot at the club.
Stuff the nrl

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Not really sure how this season can get any worse.
We get the spoon.

Cronulla win the comp.

Dugan gets Clive Churchill medal.

In his speech he credits Mary for the foresight in turning him into a centre.

Fearing the he may now be poached, Dragons management then further extend Mary for another 5 years.

Then in the off season St George pull their sponsorship after they realise that because he has no wings, Happy Dragon is actually just a Dinosaur, not a Dragon.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Judge also ruled he has to pay the NRL's court costs, which i think is BS, unless he gets someone to fund him, can't see him taking it to the High Court, the $$ would be huge...
It’s not uncommon for the losing party to be ordered to pay the other side’s legal fees.

rednwhites

Juniors
Court case aside, I’m surprised that we are only entitled to 100k cap relief.

I am looking for proof of this, where was this stated? I've been at work all day.

If it is the case I'd like to see my club not roll over and cop this. Is it also true that Rabbits get a million for a player who decided to retire mid season?

j0nesy

Bench
I am looking for proof of this, where was this stated? I've been at work all day.

If it is the case I'd like to see my club not roll over and cop this. Is it also true that Rabbits get a million for a player who decided to retire mid season?
Me too, I’m struggling to believe it. I can’t find anything supporting that figure. Only what’s been written here.

The Damo

Juniors
Considering Dylan Walker’s recent reprieval, I would have thought Debellin would have received the same result.

I wonder why consistency hasn’t been applied here? Is it due to the severity of the allegations or something far more insidious?
Walker was found not guilty. His case was resolved and he's no longer charged. . Jack is still charged.

The Damo

Juniors
Happy to accept that but cannot stomach the club and fans being penalized for it when we have done NOTHING WRONG . give us full salary cap dispensation not just $100K which will not replace him, or I will not believe this is only about protecting the game.
Can you tell me where that 100k figure comes from please? I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere yet.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Ok, so now its clear. We will not see JDB play this year (most probably).
Time to move on and focus on what we have.
As far as the 100k compensation, you cant compare it to the Inglis case, simply because we are still paying Jacks salary and as far as im aware hes still part of the 30 man squad. We are allowed to now have 31 as I understand it.
So, my guess is that the 100k is really to promote a player from either the DS or who is on a CC only contract, there is no like for like.

hewi

Bench

First stop is an appeal in NSW, the high court fees are only about $3,000 plus the cost of preparation, a guess all up $100,000 with no guarantee they will here it. It’s not something IMO that would appeal to them to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.