What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OUR ROSTER IS *&^%

Tiger05

First Grade
plus Robbie might work, Tiger 05, you really confuse me with this, you have said in
post # 3 Robbie and Benji should retire. We will better off without them.
post # 20 Farah isn't playing poorly but Liddle is better.

I'm sure you have said that he offers poor service and is a hog, so why say "plus Robbie might work" you seem to change your opinion from game to game,

I'd go with Magpies Forever

Robbie has been pretty good throughout the season. He has also lost some pace. I think Liddle is the better option now.

The thing is we probably need two hookers at the moment. So Liddle and Robbie might work for next season. Liddle can't be expected to play 80 minutes now and Robbie probably should be replaced for parts of the game to give us some zip.

Benji is similar but maybe more inconsistent without the hog plays. Benji cops it for underplaying his hand at times but I think that is fine. I'm not sure who of Benji or Reynolds is the better option now but they are both injured a lot so we probably need both of them. Off the top of my head Benji is the better player now.

This all needs to be put into context of the salary cap and I think the amount we are paying these guys is fair and therefore they have been great for us.

The key point is that we need to look to having quality options at 6 and 9. Robbie and Benji can't keep going around.

I hope if the doctors have any concerns they mothball him. He will already have a arthritic hip. No point having a face that's stuck together with chewing gum as well. There's a lot of living to do after footy.

Of course Gordy. I wouldn't want the doctors letting him play unless they are 100% sure he will be OK. But if that is the case, he should be right to play.

The unknown

Juniors
Sorry, but the fact is, whoever earns/deserves it, should be in the top team, would you really want somebody playing if he wasn't playing as good as the reserve grade bloke? We still need to have the best available playing.

But I do agree with you, I think RF will retire and that Liddle should be given another chance to show his wares, but if Madge thought Liddle was ready I believe he would've started him, but you have to think if he hasn't taken over by the end of year, then his time here is near the end.

Both Farrah and Marshal may have aged, but they still seem pretty quick between the ears. It's an old cliché, but you don't get 10 years experience, overnight.

Yep but id hate to lose Liddle because we persisted with a 107 year old Farah, sometimes you just got to take one for the team and hang up the boots

You can't coach experience which Farah obviously has lots of but you also can't gain experience with splinters in your ass sitting on the bench for 70 mins a game or playing reserve grade infront of 5 people

Last edited:

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Lots are talking about speed in the backs and I do agree with that but I'd prefer some big wingers that can cart the ball back to get a good start to the set. Don't have to be super fast but big. I want some speed in the centres who have the ability to set up their wingers. I don't think Oats or Tupou are that fast but gee they can finish off a backline movement. Madge seems to have some good set plays that would benefit from big wingers....plus they are a target for kicks.

I can remember my old man saying the only thing better than speed in the game was speed AND size.

Tigers Tale, it got me thinking about 2 wingers.

not that long ago we had a big strong winger who performed pretty well for the Tigers. He kept a young up and coming winger in the U 20’s, that guy had speed and then some, he wasn’t as big as the ‘big strong winger’ but happy to put his body on the line when carrying the ball back, if I recall correctly. The big strong winger became a ‘legend’ back in 05 thanks to a flick pass by a young guy just starting out. The young guy went on to play 1st grade but not for the Tigers. He will no doubt play in a World Cup later this year in Japan.

Then there was another guy who had speed to burn, grew up supporting the Tigers apparently. Couldn’t get a run in 1st grade. Why, will he actually did but we poor supporters had to put up with one J Rankin that year. That other guy signed for the same club as the up and coming winger above went to. This guy went on to play SOO, he can cart the ball back no worries and he has speed to burn.

I’d have been happy with either of the guys above who couldn’t get a real go, just for their speed.

Gee, I forgot to type the one thing that I wanted to when starting out above.

That is; maybe there is a guy playing on the wing in reserves who could give us the speed and is willing to cart it back without fear. In DN case we know he can but he has his negatives, that’s one winger only though.