What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Care to show where there's been a 30k crowd in Bris on a Thurs night..& pleases don't use a Thurs public holiday or public holiday on the Fri as an example .
Brisbane has had a few over 30k on a Thursday.

44k v storm 2015
37k v roosters 2016
30k v roosters 2017

Probably some more but can’t remember

Shark62

Juniors
There are about ten, but apart from the opening game of the season, they only work well in the smaller markets / smaller grounds, not so much @ MCG. It is a necessary evil if the codes want top $$$ from networks. Thursday don’t work for families unless school holidays.
Sorry but I was referring to qld games. Mea culpa

Perth Red

Post Whore
If the game was that much better to watch at the ground, than on tv, a lot more people would still go watch it on a Thursday night, the AFL crowds in Sydney,Brisbane Melbourne can all attract 30k plus on a Thursday night, they don’t seem to worry that traffic,work or school will get in the way of watching the game live.

More to do with number of fans than quality of watching at ground. Their Thursday’s are affected as well but they are starting from a much higher base.

seanoff

Juniors
The afl play a few Thursdays early in the season inc Easter. Then the others around the mid year school holidays

It was a Thursday night before Good Friday, they had 35,000 there, in Sydney on the same night they got 10,000 for the NRL.
Lol did you miss the part about on a night before a public holiday .
You know when kids can go because they don't have to get up for school
Where peopel don't have to work next day so they can go .

some11

Referee
Wonder how many stayed home expecting a loss?
Yep, poor crowd, and if anyone says 'oh but it rained a bit before' allow me to slap them.

Shambolic losses might be behind the Broncos with some new-found attitude, hopefully casual fans turn up for the second half of the season.

carcharias

Immortal
Lol did you miss the part about on a night before a public holiday .
You know when kids can go because they don't have to get up for school
Where peopel don't have to work next day so they can go .

Do people in Brisbane go away for Easter?
My family and my mates have always gone away for the entire Easter break.
I know pretty much every Caravan Park up and down the coast is fully booked over Easter.
Thursday night would be the only chance to see a game.
Who is going to want to do that though?
Most people are too busy packing I’d have thought.
I take Thursday off usually and head down early.

DC_fan

Coach
Crowds at today’s and tonight’s game may suffer as people stay home to watch election coverage on TV.

Latest posts