What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jdb case

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for proof of this, where was this stated? I've been at work all day.

If it is the case I'd like to see my club not roll over and cop this. Is it also true that Rabbits get a million for a player who decided to retire mid season?

Hey guys it’s all over foxtel next below the blog The club will be given dispensation for the period he’s been stood down from playing, meaning the Red V have an extra $100,000 on top of the money they already have spare under the cap.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I'd just note for those hoping he sues the NRL - given they've been found to have acted legally I don't know what grounds he'd have. Any suggestions?
Chewbacca is a Wookie?

BvHA4B-CEAQMR8Z.jpg

Gardenia

Juniors

The Damo

Juniors
here is one of the reports - you have to scroll down a fair bit to the $100K part - the sentence above the last photo/video in the article
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/dragons/live-updates-jack-de-belin-learns-nrl-fate-in-court-verdict/news-story/4e2ae36b9112dae677f6745917aead3e
Thank you. That is quite light on detail so I'm interested to find out more. The number doesn't work out either. The time he's been off so far would work out to near 200k as a proportion of his salary. Just have to wait to know more I guess.

possm

Coach
Hey guys it’s all over foxtel next below the blog The club will be given dispensation for the period he’s been stood down from playing, meaning the Red V have an extra $100,000 on top of the money they already have spare under the cap.
De Belin is on 550k according to court records. So the NRL should be paying De Belin's salary plus giving the Dragons a 550k credit on our cap for this season. It is the NRL who have stood him down and so they must compensate accordingly.

What is our CEO doing about this?

possm

Coach
His career is now effectively over.
What a absolute mess and any thoughts of some magical outcome are now dashed.
Worst still is the unknown time waiting on trial.
Never lose hope, Walker was stood down but beat his charge in court. The same may happen with De Belin.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Firstly, I hope Jack is OK. This has taken away any chance he had of playing this year so I hope the club is looking after him.
Secondly, I have a friend who's a magistrate. He is very fond of saying they are courts of law, not courts of justice. Irrespective of what anyone thinks about the rights or wrongs of the case, the decision will have been based on case law plus the evidence presented.
Thirdly, we are not the only club affected by the NRL rules. Tyrone May is still stood down even though the crime he is accused of is not the same severity of the one Jack is charged with. Tim Simona was deregistered before his case went to court. No doubt there are other examples.
I think the club just has to cop it.

The Damo

Juniors
Thank you.

At last a sensible reply.

However, I thought Dylan’s retrieval related to the NRL’s “No Fault” policy only.
No worries. The no fault policy applies to any player charged. Once they are no longer facing charges, either because the case concludes or the charges are dropped then the policy no longer applies.
The NRL then has the discretion of having an integiry unit investigation and may apply additional punishments like fines or suspensions etc. Though I suspect any additional suspension is going to be very rare, they'll take into account time already suspended.

Gardenia

Juniors
De Belin is on 550k according to court records. So the NRL should be paying De Belin's salary plus giving the Dragons a 550k credit on our cap for this season. It is the NRL who have stood him down and so they must compensate accordingly.

What is our CEO doing about this?

Thanks for the clarification. I thought he was on $600K.

we are $450K short instead of the $500K I first thought.

Surely the CEO needs to question this. its not fair on the team

Gardenia

Juniors
Thank you. That is quite light on detail so I'm interested to find out more. The number doesn't work out either. The time he's been off so far would work out to near 200k as a proportion of his salary. Just have to wait to know more I guess.
Agree it is light on detail. Im hoping that the NRL and Dragons can work out a much fairer deal then what is rumoured

Gardenia

Juniors
Never lose hope, Walker was stood down but beat his charge in court. The same may happen with De Belin.

I don't think that will happen. I am expecting the worse. Its a shame you have to wait a long time for the worse to come out. which is why it would be the kindest thing on the team if we could replace with a comparable player in the very near future.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Curious.. what is there to be “uncertain” about when it comes to the difference between facing charges and not facing charges...?

I didn’t realise charges were different, and would have thought this would be bleeding obvious by my question.

Remember, a question mark means uncertainty.

Once again, you struggle with the concepts of comprehension and inference.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
We have to respect the decision but stuff Greenburg and Beattie for making this policy on the run to stuff our club down the gurgler as always. There has been no compensation and its too late for this season anyhow. He has not been proven guilty as yet and if he later gets off, i hope he sues the nrl for keeps. It is grossly unfair to stand him down without being proven to be guilty and i feel for Jdb after this decision. If he's guilty, throw the book at him but it feels as though they have just gone off early as a direct shot at the club.
Stuff the nrl

Yes, regardless what team a person supports, any fair minded person can see we have been screwed.
All one way traffic.
What chance did we have? None.

Gardenia

Juniors
Firstly, I hope Jack is OK. This has taken away any chance he had of playing this year so I hope the club is looking after him.
Secondly, I have a friend who's a magistrate. He is very fond of saying they are courts of law, not courts of justice. Irrespective of what anyone thinks about the rights or wrongs of the case, the decision will have been based on case law plus the evidence presented.
Thirdly, we are not the only club affected by the NRL rules. Tyrone May is still stood down even though the crime he is accused of is not the same severity of the one Jack is charged with. Tim Simona was deregistered before his case went to court. No doubt there are other examples.
I think the club just has to cop it.

The club and the players and the fans have done nothing wrong. Happy to accept that he isn't playing and cop that . Alot of fans agree with him being stood down so that's not an issue. But Why should we or any other club in the same predicament have to cop a lower salary cap for the entire year. hes clearly not playing this year.

Gardenia

Juniors

perhaps if they can argue that the period for him not playing is something like the ENTIRE SEASON then that figure may be able to be adjusted accordingly to something around his FULL SALARY . the team has had so much uncertainty they at least deserve a comparable replacement. what have they done? nothing.

honestly what are the chances of the case being thrown out or the charges dropped -

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts