What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

bileduct

Coach
What are the chances of a Cap 4 movie showing his journey to take the stones back?

They said in Endgame it would take him as long as he wanted to take them all back and it wouldnt be too hard to have something go wrong along the way and have him have to fix it? Especially with Red Skull involved

Im guessing Chris Evanss contract is up so we probably wont see something like this happen, but Id definately watch it if they did

Captain America 4: The Man Out of Time
Wasn't the shield passed on to Captain Black America?

Timbo

Staff member
What are the chances of a Cap 4 movie showing his journey to take the stones back?

They said in Endgame it would take him as long as he wanted to take them all back and it wouldnt be too hard to have something go wrong along the way and have him have to fix it? Especially with Red Skull involved

Im guessing Chris Evanss contract is up so we probably wont see something like this happen, but Id definately watch it if they did

Captain America 4: The Man Out of Time

Chris Evans has said he's done with the character. I do agree it'd be a fun movie though.

I also wonder if Marvel would want to do it given that it might take away from Anthony Mackie assuming the role.

It's almost like DC is trying to lose money at this point.

Danish

Referee
Chris Evans has said he's done with the character. I do agree it'd be a fun movie though.

We’ll see how “done” he is with the character in 3 years when he can’t book a gig anywhere else.

Remember when Vin Diesel used to think he was too good for the Fast and Furious franchise?

Timbo

Staff member
We’ll see how “done” he is with the character in 3 years when he can’t book a gig anywhere else.

Remember when Vin Diesel used to think he was too good for the Fast and Furious franchise?

Everything I've ever seen or heard from Chris Evans suggests he has an ego about 0.000001% that of Vin Diesel.

He's made enough money for ten lifetimes. You get the impression hearing him talk he'd be more than happy to make indies that exist solely for the festival circuit and make no money for the rest of his career.

PJ

First Grade
He was really good in The Rover.

Wouldn't have been my first choice but neither was Affleck and thought he was good as Batman in crap movies.

bileduct

Coach
He was really good in The Rover.

Wouldn't have been my first choice but neither was Affleck and thought he was good as Batman in crap movies.
And on the other hand, George Clooney and Val Kilmer were top choices and they turned out to be crap.

shiznit

Coach
Initially I hated it... I kinda still do..

But I’ve learnt over the years that the initial reaction to these types of casting decisions are often the worst reactions.

Affleck being a case in point... I wasn’t a big fan of his Batman but that was more about Snyder’s vision than Affleck himself.

The problem I see with Pattinson is I’m not sure about whether I physically buy him as Batman.

Admittedly I haven’t seen much of him lately... but from his earlier work you’d think if any of those twilight kids ended up as Batman it would be the Lautner kid.

He might need to hit the gym abit.

Bazal

Post Whore
Everything I've ever seen or heard from Chris Evans suggests he has an ego about 0.000001% that of Vin Diesel.

He's made enough money for ten lifetimes. You get the impression hearing him talk he'd be more than happy to make indies that exist solely for the festival circuit and make no money for the rest of his career.

Evans can also act to a reasonable extent...

bileduct

Coach
Holy shit what kind of people watch these shows?
Well it's on The CW, and its target audience is young adult women.

So it would seem to be a perfect fit for them. I don't see what the issue is. Was anyone here really going to watch a Batwoman television series?

Springs09

Juniors

So it would seem to be a perfect fit for them. I don't see what the issue is. Was anyone here really going to watch a Batwoman television series?

I don't have any issue just commenting on how utter garbage it looks. It looks a perfect fit for young adult women who don't have a brain.

shiznit

Coach
Did anyone seriously think Heath Ledger was going to kill it as the Joker as much as he did?
To be fair... IMO the Joker is a role that leaves a bit more to interpretation.

Batman on the other hand is quite a rigid character.

I get your point though... from what I remember of when the dark knight came out... I didn’t really start buying Ledger as joker until I saw the first image of him...

Which is kinda why I’m holding fire for now...

Game_Breaker

Coach

CW had Flash and Arrow, so they can’t be all bad

so even by CW standards this looks really poor