What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade Ivan to Penrith for 2019

Tiger05

First Grade
The signing of Ivan and Nathan is looking like a disaster isn't it. Way overpaid for what they bring to the table.

I reckon, I don't normally take pride in being wrong, but I am beyond relieved that the club let Ivan walk and didn't seriously pursue junior.

Das Hassler

Bench
He's landed on Lord Of The Flies Island over there. ..here most were grateful to have him come and settle the place down which he most certainly did....then went to a club who's players had a sitdown strike to rid themerlves of a no fun coach....Gould essentially backed the players which shifted the power to them..now they have a coach who WANTED to come back to coach his son ....he has no authority over that group whatsoever.

There's got to be something fundamentally wrong there at Penrith, it's more than just Ivan.

That roster is not wooden spoon material, must be some serious issues among the playing group, not just with the coach.

The unknown

Juniors
There's got to be something fundamentally wrong there at Penrith, it's more than just Ivan.

That roster is not wooden spoon material, must be some serious issues among the playing group, not just with the coach.

Massive cultural shift. Griffin may have been a boring coach but he set standards and was very big on discipline

Right now they seem like a boys club (us a few years back) and the players don't have a lot of faith in their coach.

Also interesting to note Chee Kam said on a podcast that the difference between Madge and Cleary was he felt Madge was a lot easier to approach and have a conversation with

Massive cultural shift. Griffin may have been a boring coach but he set standards and was very big on discipline

Right now they seem like a boys club (us a few years back) and the players don't have a lot of faith in their coach.

Also interesting to note Chee Kam said on a podcast that the difference between Madge and Cleary was he felt Madge was a lot easier to approach and have a conversation with

They don't seem like a boys club on the field. They don't look like a team that trusts each other. Look at Kikau's non effort for the last try a couple of days ago, backpedaled while three of four of his team mates got carried over the try line. DWZ and Edwards not calling the bomb. Doesn't look like a great deal of mateship there. Something is rotten, I think it is beyond Cleary.

Tiger Ted

Bench

This is exactly what my sources @ Concord have been telling me.There were a no.of interactions last season which exemplify cleary’s appalling interpersonal skills.

The unknown

Juniors
This is exactly what my sources @ Concord have been telling me.There were a no.of interactions last season which exemplify cleary’s appalling interpersonal skills.

The text msg to say he was leaving the club, the no show at end of season review etc. I think it's clear he had no bond with our players

Madge on the other hand is the complete opposite, the players love him

Magpies Forever

Juniors
The text msg to say he was leaving the club, the no show at end of season review etc. I think it's clear he had no bond with our players

I agree that Cleary's communication skills with the WT players were pretty minimal to non existent in public. The behind the scenes examples you cite just reinforce the gut feeling that he was never really interested / captured by WT. We were just filing the gap whilst he waited for the opportunity to get to Penrith and complete his unfinished business. I still think there was a lot of untoward approaches in these meetings between Penrith CEO and Ivan to 'discuss his son.....' by both parties

Tiger Ted

Bench

I’ve got a no. of long term associates @ Souths through work & socially.A few were Souths board members & one common denominator re everybody’s views towards Madge is what a wonderful person he is.

As I said on numerous occasions last season b4 the shit hit the fan Cleary is a total fraud.Beneath that contrived nice guy veneer he is a deluded hollow arrogant shitbag.

I’ve got a no. of long term associates @ Souths through work & socially.A few were Souths board members & one common denominator re everybody’s views towards Madge is what a wonderful person he is.

As I said on numerous occasions last season b4 the shit hit the fan Cleary is a total fraud.Beneath that contrived nice guy veneer he is a deluded hollow arrogant shitbag.

Above everything else, Madge is a genuinely nice guy. I know for a fact that when he was sacked at Souths, it was one of the hardest decisions that those running the club had ever had to make because of that fact. Everyone at the club absolutely loved the guy on a personal level but he'd just stopped getting results with the team and the club needed a fresh approach.

Whenever I hear about interactions he had with other Souths fans, they were always positive. Even after he was sacked and before he joined the Tigers, he still made time for Souths fans whenever they approached him.

I was devastated when the club cut Madge. I'd have preferred to have seen us sack half the roster and keep the coach at the time.

I was happy when he turned up at the Tigers because I don't hate you guys. If he'd have gone to the Dogs or the Broncos... It would've been tough to see.

Thankfully, he knocked back an offer from the Dogs because their cap is such a mess and the Broncos were more interested in who could make the best powerpoint presentation.

I found it interesting when Marina Go mentioned, that the board had to tell Ivan to stop banging on about wanting to coach his son publicly as it was unsettling on the current players at the WT especially the halves.
That statement to me showed that the self centred, clueless idiot had absolutely no people skills whatsoever ,which in turn hinders what ever limited coaching ability he does have to be successful.

Latest posts