What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Fordy20

Juniors
We couldn't afford Izzy. And can we please get over this mouth breather of an idea about Mybe to 5/8. We have moved on from that Tim Sheens level of genius. People who suggest that obviously need a mental health assessment.

The real mouth breather idea was signing Mbye at top dollar for so long. He's on spine dollars, but he's a real Kurt Gidley of a player, not good enough to be dominant in a single position.

super_coach

First Grade
No disrespect to the individual but he is not the type of player we want. We be looking for a Liam Fulton type toiler, 80 mins and a mountain of defence type with a bit of ball playing a couple of decent centres and a fullback.

Backrow is not a priority we have Matto,McQueen,Garner and Lawrence. Outside backs is where the cap money needs to go. Don’t get me wrong if a absolute gun back rower wanted to join us that would be different.

Tiger05

First Grade
Backrow is not a priority we have Matto,McQueen,Garner and Lawrence. Outside backs is where the cap money needs to go. Don’t get me wrong if a absolute gun back rower wanted to join us that would be different.

I agree - we now have decent edge backrowers. Matterson is quality on the edge and in the middle. Some outside backs with pace would be awesome.

Tiger Ted

Bench
The real mouth breather idea was signing Mbye at top dollar for so long. He's on spine dollars, but he's a real Kurt Gidley of a player, not good enough to be dominant in a single position.
I’d much prefer Gidley than this listless impostor

The length of his contract is outrageous !

Tiger Ted

Bench
Yep it’s speedy outside backs who can r safe under the high ball & robust in defence followed by daylight

Mario chalmers

Juniors
From the bulldog's forum.

RFM will be leaving the Bulldogs in the next couple of weeks, and it's a good chance it's to the West Tigers. Thoughts.
Ran the ball strongly in matches last year but has been very poor this year. Would hope this means ET or Rochow moves on. RFM is an upgrade on them

The unknown

Juniors
There is a rumour doing the rounds saying Matterson got the call up for origin and it seems to be gaini n ground fast, of course good on him but this will affect us greatly as I don't reckon we can carry Gardner/McQueen at the same time

I can see Twal maybe spending time in the camp as Freddy rates him highly aswell.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
The move from fullback to 6 is a pretty common one. It's not at Sheenius level.
When you are a good ball player yes. Mybe is a shit ball player with a pea heart. Why on earth would you put some like that in the front line. That's why the idea is a Sheenius one. It's on par with Lawrence at 5/8 or Robbie at half back

BrotherJim05

Bench
Move on Reynolds, Taylor, Packer, Rochow, then with Robbie and Marshall retiring reshape the team like this:

1. Thompson
2. Fonua
3. New Signing e.g. Roberts
4. Marsters
5. Jennings
6. Mbye
7. Brooks
8. Twal
9. New Signing e.g. Korisou
10. Matulino
11. Mcqueen/Lawrence (let them fight it out)
12. Matterson
13. New Signing e.g. raid Penrith forwards for someone solid who wants out

14. Aloai
15. Mikale
16. Eisenhuth
17. MCK/Garner/Liddle

If Mbye can't perform in the halves then he will need to move to a utility role and we should go after a James Maloney type 5/8 to partner Brooks

west4ever

Juniors
Move on Reynolds, Taylor, Packer, Rochow, then with Robbie and Marshall retiring reshape the team like this:

1. Thompson
2. Fonua
3. New Signing e.g. Roberts
4. Marsters
5. Jennings
6. Mbye
7. Brooks
8. Twal
9. New Signing e.g. Korisou
10. Matulino
11. Mcqueen/Lawrence (let them fight it out)
12. Matterson
13. New Signing e.g. raid Penrith forwards for someone solid who wants out

14. Aloai
15. Mikale
16. Eisenhuth
17. MCK/Garner/Liddle

If Mbye can't perform in the halves then he will need to move to a utility role and we should go after a James Maloney type 5/8 to partner Brooks
I like the players you mentioned to be moved on, I’d like to move a few more, we a linked to a good young bulldogs forward RFM, Jessie Ramien or Zac Lomax would be good in the centres, Blake Green at 5/8 would be great, Souths young winger Graeme would be good tall and fast, everyone can see the problems in the team at the moment, I do have faith in Madge to fix them, 1 to 2 years we will be a top 4 side mark my words, there is players out there that we haven’t even heard off, and will be stars in 2 years and playing in tigers colours.

west4ever

Juniors
1- Tompson
2- Graham ( rabbits )
3- Ramien ( knights )
4- Masters
5- Jennings
6- Green ( warriors )
7- Brooks
8- Twal
9- Korisou ( manly )
10-Matulino
11-Lawrence
12-Matterson
13-Fisher Harris ( panthers )

14-Aloai
15-Mikale
16- Futala-Mariner ( bulldogs )
17-MCK
I think that’s a nice balanced 17 to play finals, if not them players, players that a similar with that style, there has to be around 5 to 6 changes in positions to avoid floggings, then we can be a 1st tier team.

The unknown

Juniors
1- Tompson
2- Graham ( rabbits )
3- Ramien ( knights )
4- Masters
5- Jennings
6- Green ( warriors )
7- Brooks
8- Twal
9- Korisou ( manly )
10-Matulino
11-Lawrence
12-Matterson

14-Aloai
15-Mikale
17-MCK
I think that’s a nice balanced 17 to play finals, if not them players, players that a similar with that style, there has to be around 5 to 6 changes in positions to avoid floggings, then we can be a 1st tier team.

Sweet, now we just need uncle nick to make that happen

jokes aside that is a pretty handy squad but a lot would need to happen, and fall into place. Unfortunately I think we will be hanging onto Packer for his duration as I can't see any club wanting him

west4ever

Juniors
Sweet, now we just need uncle nick to make that happen

jokes aside that is a pretty handy squad but a lot would need to happen, and fall into place. Unfortunately I think we will be hanging onto Packer for his duration as I can't see any club wanting him
Packer can go to the panthers in a deal for Fisher Harris, Than Ivan will have 2 sons at the club.

Pezz70

Juniors
1- Tompson
2- Graham ( rabbits )
3- Ramien ( knights )
4- Masters
5- Jennings
6- Green ( warriors )
7- Brooks
8- Twal
9- Korisou ( manly )
10-Matulino
11-Lawrence
12-Matterson

14-Aloai
15-Mikale
17-MCK

I’d actually contemplate giving Tyson Gamble a shot at fullback, he is quite a bit bigger than he looks, can run and pass, 5kg of more muscle he becomes a fair sized unit. I’d be running him at fullback now in Canterbury Cup

Pezz70

Juniors
Players off contract 2019
Fonua
Gamble
Marshall
Lawrence
Farah
Liddle
Aloia
Chee Akan
Rochow
Mikaele
Thompson
Brooks

McQueen
Matulino
Twal
Taylor
Garner
Eisenhuth
Clark
McIntyre
Smith
Momirovski
Jennings

Reynolds
Bradley
Packer
Matterson
Nofoaluma

Mbye

Some interesting recruitment has taken place at the Tiges in the past.

Pezz70

Juniors
Players off contract 2019
Fonua
Gamble
Marshall
Lawrence
Farah
Liddle
Aloia
Chee Akan
Rochow
Mikaele
Thompson
Brooks

McQueen
Matulino
Twal
Taylor
Garner
Eisenhuth
Clark
McIntyre
Smith
Momirovski
Jennings

Reynolds
Bradley
Packer
Matterson
Nofoaluma

Mbye

Some interesting recruitment has taken place at the Tiges in the past.
I can see 7 there that shouldn’t be re-signed at the end of this season, 6 at the end of 2020, in saying that I don’t know what sort of cash is gonna be freed up

gordsy

Juniors
Fonua no
Gamble not unless we can use him
Marshall only if we're desperate
Lawrence no
Farah yes
Liddle no
Aloia yes
Chee Akan only because we need reserve graders
Rochow only because we need reserve graders
Mikaele yes
Thompson for sure
Brooks depends on the money

McQueen no
Matulino no
Twal figure out how to clone him
Taylor no
Garner yes
Eisenhuth no
Clark haven't seen enough
McIntyre haven't seen enough
Smith haven't seen enough
Momirovski Yes
Jennings maybe

Mario chalmers

Juniors
I’d actually contemplate giving Tyson Gamble a shot at fullback, he is quite a bit bigger than he looks, can run and pass, 5kg of more muscle he becomes a fair sized unit. I’d be running him at fullback now in Canterbury Cup
I would love to see him trialled there or even left centre.
Cannot believe he's any worse than Momirovski who has done nothing in Canterbury Cup to warrant selection.

Latest posts